Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. mugatu

mugatu Senior member

speaking of SLP denim fit problems: anybody have luck altering the waist? i've lost weight and would need the waist taken in but SL won't do it. i think it's complicated because of the inner center chain and signature outer stitched inserts.. also i have a barely worn raw (100% cotton) D03 pair from the first collection. will washing it shrink the waist at all?

2. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

3. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Imo your best bet is to taper them and make it a skinny fit. Waist will still be loose but your thighs will hold the jeans up. Worth a shot if the waist is only slightly loose.

4. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

From the pics I seen the rips seem very diy. Interested in someone wearing a pair. So far they are a pass too considering the price hike and all.

5. mugatu

mugatu Senior member

yeah that's actually not a bad idea. does SLP offer tapering? i'm in Paris, so could easily take them to the Montaigne flagship..

6. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

washing raws won't shrink them. just take them to a tailor, it's not a big deal.

the knee rips on the new model look pretty low to me, i'm 6' and the rips never hit me right.

here's my studded lotus santiags story. i got them the day they came out and loved them. i took them home, proudly put them on, and put jeans over them. the gf came home, saw them, and was like "wtf! what's the point of paying that much for a pair of boots that no one can even see the details on!!!? are you an idiot!?"

they had to be returned the next day. i still love them though :)

i have a pair of the new black destroyeds waiting for me when i got back from vacation, i'll post some impressions.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015

7. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I'm not sure but it's a simple alteration. Take them to any good place and they will be able to do it.

8. mugatu

mugatu Senior member

are you sure about that? cuz i found a few posts on SuFu claiming the initial soak/wash reduces the waist/inseam a bit. i'm talking about the 100% cotton raws from the first season, not the stretch blend from all other seasons. raw DH/APC also shrunk after first soak even though the denim is sanforized.. as for the tailor, like i said it isn't that simple of an alteration because of the chain and gussets in the back... that is why SLP won't touch the waist.

9. kpals

kpals Member

anyone have experience with the ss14 eyelet strap duckies? wondering how they fit (is sizing similar to the ss15 cropped jodhpurs?) and how the quality was.

10. scanner

scanner Senior member

All my raws have shrunken a size, but they stretch out a little.

I pre-ordered the black destroyed and picked them up over the weekend but ended up canceling them. The rips are ok but look a bit too intentional. The jean is raw which is kind of annoying and not as comfortable and I don't think the fit looks very modern either, I much preferred the raw SS15 raw hem jeans as they had a much edgier fit to them. They are super skinny though so you might be surprised / satisfied but it just looked weird on me sizing up.

11. shadowmoses

shadowmoses Active Member

Interesting. I have a pair of D03 selvedge raws from S/S13. Got them in a 31 - they were SUPER tight in the waist and also in the thighs, almost felt like they tapered in the knee, then straight down from there.

I was going to sell them because they didn't seem to stretch as much as I'd like and honestly didn't like the fit because of the lack of taper [I realized after I had bought them I'm more of a 17.5cm hem type of person - I bought DH Jakes in a 31 that fit better, but are too loose in the waist]. Also, at 6' 2" and a normal inseam of 34", I kept them unhemmed.

I've been thinking about getting them tapered, as mentioned. On the West Coast, and I've heard there's at least 1 shop each in LA and SF that does this along the inseam as to not damage the selvedge. Anyone have feedback from an SLP store on this issue?

But I'm also hoping they'll stretch out a lot - I'm worried hearing they shrink post a wash. I really like them in terms of weight, color, quality - getting them tapered in the leg to a 17.5cm opening would make them ideal if they stretch like normal raws.

12. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

the ss13 raws were awesome, but like you said crazy tight at the waist and thigh. they'll shrink a bit but stretch back out. any sl store will taper them. i never had mine tapered, i just wear them tucked into rangers boots. still one of my fav sl jeans by far, like the old dior raws but miles better in every way.

oh yeah they fade beautifully too.

13. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Once someone can post fit pic or picture of the destroyed black denim detail close up it would be greatly appreciated

14. icvcss

icvcss Well-Known Member

I had my biker jeans tailored by SL before, waist from 30 to around 28-29. Here is the only photo I took before I sold them.
    [​IMG]

15. shadowmoses

shadowmoses Active Member

Excited about the fade. In due time, of course. Will have to start wearing them now.

How much does the SL store charge for tapering?