Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

lol, good to see you back. go tts except for the silver ones, they're about a size big.

2. Slpbaby808

Slpbaby808 Senior member

Ssense only has 44.5 /: I'm a 45 in my Wyatt and 44.5 in sneakers...

Bummer

3. Bussit

Bussit Senior member

I'm 10.5E on the Brannock and sized down .5 comfortably (to 42.5) for the sneakers (SL01). I would have tried a 42 but they didn't have any on hand. If you have narrow feet, I'm sure you can go down a whole size easier than me. I still have my first pair from SS13 but in 43 that's still in heavy rotation.

No experience with boots, but I do own a pair of double monk straps and grosgrain trim derbies in 43 and can use insoles for the latter. Never had the opportunity to try on a 43.5 though.

To the person(s) asking about cleaning their (raw) jeans, you can use Woolite for dark colors to help retain some of the dye, if that sort of thing matters to you.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  4. splitsides

splitsides Well-Known Member

9.5 on the Brannock and got my cropped Jodhpurs pre-ordered in 42.5 so we'll see what happens. I'd consider changing it to a 42 but ysl.com won't edit a pre-order. I'd have to delete it and make a new one which would wipe out one of the items in my order that's now sold out.

5. scanner

scanner Senior member

I think the people going by brannock systems and what not are getting too scientific about everything. SLP makes all their shoes TTS. They have a pretty precise manufacturing process. IMO just stick to your usual size and you'll get the desired fit. Sometimes people will size out of immediate comfort only to find the leather stretch out more than it should.

The Santiags fit TTS. At first they will feel large but when you walk your feet will start to scrunch up into the toe and you'll wish you got a larger size, but don't do anything.. Deal with the pain because the boots will stretch out even further. But don't size down or else you'll be bleeding.

6. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

yup, it's pretty simple. good advice. holds true across the board for sl, with a few well known exceptions.

7. splitsides

splitsides Well-Known Member

good points scanner, i always thought my true size was 10 cause of nikes. i was lucky enough to size my ccp in store. does anyone live in/near boston and know of anyone stocking slp? at this point it'd be worth the travel for when FW15 hits.

8. Bussit

Bussit Senior member

Yes, you're right. That's why ysl.com recommends you size down a whole size for some, if not all, sneakers. Absolutely.

9. scanner

scanner Senior member

YSL.COM is run by an automated e-commerce division of Yoox. There is like 1 person there doing all the measurements and web management there and 1 customer service rep. They are probably given a list of specs by the warehouse, where somebody is loosely eyeballing the sizes of everything at a speedy rate along with the other yoox e-commerce sites - Margiela, Corner, etc. Don't tell me you also abide by Mr Porters sizing and measurements?

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  10. Bussit

Bussit Senior member

I haven't purchased anything from Mr. Porter yet so no. I'm aware ysl.com is powered by Yoox.

What's wrong with being sarcastic on the Internet tho?

11. scanner

scanner Senior member

Nothing wrong with it, just my way of saying take everything with a grain of salt. :)

Just offering my own personal experience after going through everything from sneakers (Italy, Spain, Canvas, Leather, Fringe, Slip ons) to Boots (Wyatts, Harness, Chelsea, Santiags, Duckies, Rangers, Jodhpurs) in an array of sizes from 43-44.5 (i'm a true size 11, maybe even slightly under), has been to just stick with my regular whole size 11.

12. BruceWayne91

BruceWayne91 Well-Known Member

When does the sale start? Both online and instore?

13. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Anyone tried these from LVR or a boutique? I want to finally grab a pair of ripped/destroyed type SLP denim and this light grey color really appeals to me - I think it would look good with every color of SLP boot including my reddish-orange santiags, and look great with an SLP black blazer + striped T.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  14. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Wearing SLP always gets looks from the girls or compliments. When I wear Rick people take photos of me.

At least we are not in Russia where you will get murdered for anything related to gayness.

15. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

No girls talk to me on the street, ever...maybe I look like a real dick!

Last edited: May 28, 2015