Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

shame more pictures like that dont come out now...in 13 were plenty of showroom pics but dont see any now really.

2. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Thanks for the information Prudy.

Yeah I don't think anywhere bought that pea coat I posted at all. I didn't see it anywhere online, and no stores here had it either. Stores here had the cropped version of it which was nice though, but I think that mid length one is nicer. There was a summer version for SS14 too, in black cotton canvas, with the same buttons, cropped length. I didn't really like it at the time, but it grew on me over time and now something similar is high on my list. Hopefully next season they'll re-visit the style. The one from SS15 in velvet with the black buttons wasn't all that special.

3. fatboyslim

fatboyslim Active Member

What are your thoughts on the plain field jacket? Haven't been able to peep it at any stores, so I really have no clue when it comes to materials, constructions etc... Regardless, it seems like an investment-piece I could wear for years to come, making it kinda easy to justify, even though it's kinda of a steep price.

4. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

i had that peacoat for a while and then sold it. it was a great cut, but the material just wasn't warm at all. i really do wish he'd make another military peacoat though.

prudy, the grey jeans are the super skinny cut.

great finds slann!! love that stuff, wear my beach box shirts all the time in the summer.

5. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Yeah, I agree - the SS15 one left me wanting. I was talking w/ neon about it a while back, it would be cool if Hedi did a more military-focused collection sometime in the future. I love it when those elements are present, would be cool and I'd definitely like the opportunity to pick up something like the longer officer coat or a cool pea coat with military features...I mean, it's always there, I guess. But for SS15 it was more the parka/field jacket thing and that isn't my bag. I want something more severe and fitted.

@neonrider thanks - I was hoping they were more skinny than the wider-thighed variations we've been getting as of late...

@fatboyslim I tried all the military parkas and field jackets from SS15 and they were well made, cool jackets. I found them to be a bit oversized, I usually wear a 48IT but had to take a 46IT in all of them except the one with the patch on the back which was a bit tighter. I thought the parka w/ the goatskin/studs was great but it swallowed me so I passed, I'm just not a big 'oversized' coat guy.

Last edited: May 28, 2015

6. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

Yeah I really want a Slimane military collection. Like the heavy military influence in Luster and Navigate.

7. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

while we're discussing stuff, i have to say, i really wish sl would stop cutting jeans for people who are like 6'4. i'm 6' and the rips never hit me quite right. it's especially bad on the new season destroyeds. i don't mind stacking, but rips that hit 99% of people in the wrong places are just kind of silly. like the knee rips are practically at the calves for a lot of people i see wearing them. wtf.

the field jackets are all oversized, the ones from ss13 and fw14 are pretty small though if you can ever track them down.

8. therattler

therattler Senior member

agreed. this is the reason I didn't get the last black torn up ones, despite thinking they were dope.

9. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Yeah they could easily chop 2 inches off them, and bring up any fading a little and still have them long enough for the majority of customers.

Military would be nice as I do like military jackets with all the buttons and the epaulettes, but I'm really hoping for more of the same as AW 15 but for summer.

On the military thing, one item he hasn't really touched at all is the military style shirts with epaulettes and pockets like he did during SS 2006. I had both the black long sleeved one which wasn't on the runway, and the red check one from that season that was on the runway (I loved that shirt, more of a smart check shirt with more of a skinhead era style, rather than the grunge style ones he's been doing lately that aren't really my style. There was one in wool one season (SS 14 I think it was), but I didn't try it as my size was gone.

10. Slpbaby808

Slpbaby808 Senior member

Has anybody been able to confirm if the Santiags off ysl is darker than the ones on ssense? Because they were realeased around same time. I remember somebody asked this question. I wasn't able to find the answer?

Also is anybody familiar with The Saturday delivery that YSL offers… Because I was trying to pay for next day but it was not letting me add check out so my only option was Saturday. now does this mean it's only coming on a Saturday or its eligible it's able to be delivered on a Saturday if needed? Thanks.. I believe this is good to know in general lol little confusing

11. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

i'm pretty sure they're the same (hazelnut), but apparently there are indeed two colors of suede santiags, hazelnut and cognac. the cognac is really hard to find though.

12. KYeezy

KYeezy Senior member

hey, just curious what size do you guys take for t-shirts and polos? I heard they tend to run a bit small. Do you go TTS or up 1?

13. slann01

slann01 Senior member

For tee shirts I go TTS; as for the polos I don't know, never tried them.

14. scanner

scanner Senior member

No, the santiags on Ssense are actually lighter than the YSL site and flagship. At YSL.com and flagship the suede is rougher and darker/browner while Ssense / LVR / Porter is finer, lighter.

15. Slpbaby808

Slpbaby808 Senior member

Which one you guys like more? Jc. I went with the darker cause I already have nut Wyatt