• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KawaiiTheo

Reaction score
So my denim got a bit dirty (not significant) and wondering what are the best way to clean them?

Prudy

Reaction score
^^ throw 'em in the wash on cold, air/hang dry IMO. No soap, just cold H2O.

Last edited:

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
What happens to jeans when you don't wash them for too long But seriously, does anyone else find those images disturbing.

Last edited:

Prudy

Reaction score
I agree that the BC stuff is quite disturbing sometimes, in a good way, I suppose. The inkblot pieces are quite mercurial. They always remind me of burning celluloid, there is a sort of violent movement in them but at a very atomic level, like a chemical reaction. Definitely a bit sinister IMO.

I sometimes also see them as abstract closeups of bloodstains or even the idea of spilled blood but in a geographical sense - they can almost look like maps of blood or burned earth from a satellite image.

The way Hedi juxtaposed the BC designs with the western psych carnival/costume themes in SS15 is quite intriguing, IMO. This collection has slowly but surely become my favorite so far. The details on everything are stunning.

And people say Slimane is just a great 'stylist'.

Last edited:

Randeep

Reaction score
I love the 'X' print, especially on this jacket- they had it in selfridges - it's not obvious from the pics but the way it shimmers and sparkles is amazing

slann01

Reaction score
I agree that the BC stuff is quite disturbing sometimes, in a good way, I suppose. The inkblot pieces are quite mercurial. They always remind me of burning celluloid, there is a sort of violent movement in them but at a very atomic level, like a chemical reaction. Definitely a bit sinister IMO.

I sometimes also see them as abstract closeups of bloodstains or even the idea of spilled blood but in a geographical sense - they can almost look like maps of blood or burned earth from a satellite image.

The way Hedi juxtaposed the BC designs with the western psych carnival/costume themes in SS15 is quite intriguing, IMO. This collection has slowly but surely become my favorite so far. The details on everything are stunning.

And people say Slimane is just a great 'stylist'.
The denim jacket looks awesome Prudy, how much did it retail for? I've never seen it anywhere.

The mr X embroidere jacket is also really nice but the price is exorbitant for my wallet :(

Randeep

Reaction score
The denim jacket looks awesome Prudy, how much did it retail for? I've never seen it anywhere.

The mr X embroidere jacket is also really nice but the price is exorbitant for my wallet :(
lol me too, i can afford it if i eat bread and water for the next 4 months :D might have to settle for the t-shirt instead (which is nice - semi-sheer, fitted on arms,slim cut, and not too cropped).

btw have you got a pending review of the chain harness leather boots to do or something? (really looking foward to it!) .. please also explain how you intend to care for the leather (toebox area creasing)

:)

Prudy

Reaction score
I saw the mr X jacket in person last weekend at Bond St, and it was a bit over the top IMO. But, take that with a grain of salt as I am not a bomber jacket guy at all, it's too sporty for me and I don't really like the lux satin/silk/viscose bomber thing. Anyway, it seemed a bit off and was very flashy but if that is what you are looking for it's a good option.

The denim jacket vibed w/ me instantly as it has that western theme going and the textures with the denim and embroidery/beading works very well IMO. Also, this denim jacket is fitted like the other leathers/suedes aka fits tight with small arms/arm holes, etc. Tailoring on it is what most of us want from SLP. The other denim jackets this year are way too big in the arms and body IMO.

I got a big discount on this one as I'd earned some major points at a retailer in London and they had an additional 10% sale, It ran me about 1500 Euro (my currency). I think retail on it is about 2700 Euro or 2300 quid and around $3600k USD, but it's hard to say as this piece seems to be super limited and the only place I could find it was in London. As far as I can tell a couple of resellers carried it but it sold out long ago, and I'm sure some of the boutiques had it/have it but it doesn't seem to be super available. The embroidery/bead work on it is really cool - it's basically a large patch of the BC inkblot print 'Untitled March 2 1978' that is embellished with several kinds of beading (matte and glossy with different textures and sizes) and then embroidered with a thick, black thread. Additionally, there are studs at the cuffs, collar and yoke. Pretty great.

I think the Ts are cool as well - I like the X better in that format, looks cool under leather or denim or whatever...

Last edited:

Randeep

Reaction score

Please (in lieu of the review) can you advise me on sizing for the chain leather wyatts?

I am size 42.5 in suede wyatts, I can get away with the size 42 in my hedi 30 suede jodphpurs... do you reckon 42 in the leather chain wyatts will be OK?

slann01

Reaction score
Please (in lieu of the review) can you advise me on sizing for the chain leather wyatts?

I am size 42.5 in suede wyatts, I can get away with the size 42 in my hedi 30 suede jodphpurs... do you reckon 42 in the leather chain wyatts will be OK?
Yes, I wear a 40 in my Jodhpurs and my chain wyatts are also a 40. I hope to post the review of them this wednesday, so stay tuned!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads