1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Maximus6

Maximus6 Active Member

2. slann01

slann01 Senior Member

Folks, what's your opinion on the lamè santiags with the embroidered stars? I like them but I can't find any decent fit pic, I need it before buying them online.

3. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

I really like them. I would have bought the silver w/ the red but they were sold out in my size.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015

4. slann01

slann01 Senior Member

What would be the best outfit for them? A full black to accentuate them? I think mixing them with patterned shirts or flamboyant jackets would be just too much

5. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

Those are for the upcoming 15/16 winter season...perhaps they haven't been produced yet, that stuff tends to start to trickle out in July/August.

6. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

@slann01

I was thinking black denim and white T or striped blue/white or black/white T. You could wear a plain suede jacket, a biker or a denim jacket it would look swell. The silver is less bright in person and quite honestly they go with a lot of things with the skinny denim pulled down over them. Any of the plaid shirts would look cool I think, or the black silks w/ the stars or dots or staples, etc...I think there are lots of options.

And let's be honest - if you're the kind of dude that would rock a silver cowboy boot w/ red or blue lame´and stars then fuck it, you can wear whatever you want :) Those boots are all swagger.

7. slann01

slann01 Senior Member

Ahaha that's for sure....maybe I'll just avoid wearing them with my ss13 zebra print D02....I think I could get beaten in the streets lol

About sizing, if I wear a 40 in wyatts I should take half less? I remember the suede santiags that I tried in the boutique were a bit big.

8. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

^^ depends how you like it. For example, I wear a 43.5 in creepers and chain harness wyatts, but I take a 43 in santiags. The toes for me are a bit tight in the beginning but after a few wears they fit spot on. If you have super wide feet I would stay TTS, however...I tried to go TTS but they were too roomy in the heel and mid-foot.

Others may have different opinions, of course!

9. needhelp123

needhelp123 Distinguished Member

10. slann01

slann01 Senior Member

Exactly. But please don't tell me that you follow Chiara Ferragni, it's just trash and dresses like shit. The worst of the fashion bloggers.

11. Maximus6

Maximus6 Active Member

12. Nivaze

Nivaze Active Member

So I'm on the egde of copping the varsity and I'm unsure about the sizing. Should I either go with a 46 or 48? Could anyone tell me how it fits?

I'm usually a medium in basic t shirts and I'm about 1.78cm tall.

13. kieran84

kieran84 Senior Member

Maximus, there were plain cotton pocket t shirts during AW13 in black / white / grey cotton, and one in an aged grey cotton, but they haven't made an appearance since. Seems stupid as I'm sure they'd always sell well, I'd buy several at least. Hopefully they'll be back as I love the aged cotton grey one.

The best basics are probably the black silk pocket crew necks / v necks. The grey ones are nice too, but for some reason come with far bigger necklines, even though they're the same style ID. The ivory ones look pretty nice too, but I haven't tried one since I tried the v neck during SS13 (which was nice for what it's worth).

Prudy, that denim jacket is fantastic - love it.

14. newera90

newera90 Well-Known Member

Finally got it! really nice piece of work from 13 season.
    [​IMG]

15. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

Those fit great, glad you got your grail!