• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in the King of Prussia boutique outside of Philadelphia, and they have that t-shirt in XS. Most comfortable shirt ever award. It fits trim, as I'm in a muscle phase (for me) @ 130, and definitely had the buff look going with it. It'd probably drape better with a thinner frame at that size.
I have that t-shirt too. Definitely fits a lot slimmer than the AW 13 pocket t shirts (I have the plain grey in used cotton, the grey and black striped in cotton wool blend, and the red and ivory thin striped in cotton and linen blend, all from AW13), and a little slimmer than the silk pocket t shirts that are carried over each season. It's really quite a snug fit on me in the upper body and arms, but very flattering all the same. Fabric is really nice (although strangely, there's not much give in the material at all, so putting the neck line over your head feels quite tight), and the stripe design is great (kind of looks different up close than from a distance). It's also not as sheer as it looks in some of the photos, I think due to the lighting used. Definitely recommended if you can get it, if not you might be okay with a small.

Ariiam

Reaction score
Sigh. I cant find it anywhere else.

Im in EU, so I want to avoid US/CAN boutiques at all costs, the tax is a whopping 20%+ ontop of handling fees (20-40GBP) and the inflated Ssense price itself

0JSIMPS0N

Reaction score
People still believe you have to wash your clothes? Lmao. Its largely propaganda and lobbying from cleaning supply companies. Seriously. I once machine washed a $6k leather jacket then threw it in the dryer after it was fine. Your shirts aren't going to self destruct once they see the inside of your washing machine. That said, I hand wash most of my clothing when I need to (if they smell, or ive sweat in the garment), cause I find it therapeutic and doing so sets my mind at ease.

Also, tangentially its the same with food and germs. I spilled a container of cinnamon toast crunch on the floor a couple weeks back and ate most of it anyways. Germs/bacteria isn't that crazy.

Last edited:

icvcss

Reaction score
@SirGrotius thanks man, I am loving wearing it as it is so different than usual for me as well. I feel like I am now style-sponsored by Ennio Morricone.

@slann01 They didn't have the officer jacket (sold out) but I tried on a lot of other SS15 items (suede jackets, military coat w/ tail, suit jacket w/ python lapels, etc.) and my general take is that the majority of items are fitted. IME the only oversized items so far have been some of the tunics (beautiful in person) and the field jackets/parkas and jean jackets. I can't say for certain on that specific piece you are looking at but if the other jackets are an indication of fit overall most everything was definitely fitted as we like it.

RE: washing/dry cleaning denim...

Throw 'em in the wash at home on cold, hang dry. That's all.

Suit jacket w/ python lapels? Any photos? I haven't seen them on internet nor my local SLP boutique.

Prudy

Reaction score
No photos unfortunately but it was rather understated black on black. Standard SLP gaberdine suit aka fitted style w/the contrast python lapels. If you're interested I'm sure you could call Bond St London and they would email you pics...

icvcss

Reaction score
Thanks for the description. Sounds like exactly what I am looking for. Will have a vacation in London and Paris in middle of June, hopefully my size will still be available and they are on sale :D

hundprm

Reaction score
Quick question, are these the ocher colorway? Or cigar?

gooosu

Reaction score
anyone know when sales usually start. also when do clothes from the new season begin releasing?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are neither ocher nor cigare. They are the original beige colour (lighter than the cigare), used on the cropped jodhpur boots from SS13 - SS14 (those are the SS14 Blake 30 version for what it's worth).

hundprm

Reaction score

Those are neither ocher nor cigare. They are the original beige colour (lighter than the cigare), used on the cropped jodhpur boots from SS13 - SS14 (those are the SS14 Blake 30 version for what it's worth).

Thank you!

neonrider

Reaction score
yeah, the kooples are ripping hedi hard. they always have, their business started as rips of his old collections from dior. the funny thing now is the prices are like halfway to the real thing, but the quality is ****. but they're ripping everything, right down to the belts, scarves, and hats. it's pretty amazing that they get away with it, and it's pretty funny that their rips aren't even very good.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they're so brazen about it all it's unbelievable, and yeah the rip offs are not nearly as good (case in point they have a crappy looking two passant (lol) belt instead of the amazing three passant at SLP).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads