• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
BTW I have two pairs of Taralis jeans (made in France I think) and they're nicer than SLP (better washes on one etc.). It doesn't really matter as obsessing over SLP and buying Taralis wouldn't give you the right feeling. I'm the other way around in that I like a few SLP pieces but the brand image/clients make me buy something else almost every time.

scanner

Reaction score
I doubt many of the people in this thread will know or care that Taralis was Hedi's assistant during his best years and directly influenced most of the items Hedi releases now. Shame that Taralis items are hard to find. The stuff that you can find is now usually about 90% off but agreed is great quality.

0scar

Reaction score
I've had my eye on the wyatt harness boot for quite some time now but after comparing the ochre and nut suede versions I think I would (if I had the choice) want the ochre suedes, (I know I'm pushing my luck but worth an ask I guess!) I was Just wondering if anyone was wanting to get rid of a pair of FW13 ochre suede wyatt boots in either a EU 42.5, 43 or 43.5 ?? If not I guess I'm buying the nut suede :)

brianoh

Reaction score
Not feeling particularly swaggy enough to pull off denim this tight. It's a 30 with space around my waist, but I can feel my balls pulsating against my thighs.

Slpbaby808

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
So I received my biker denim today from Ssense.. Amazing piece of denim, that's forsure. Ssense I'm assuming still had fw14 in stock and that's what I recieved. But Not that it bothers me much since its most like 100% the same, does anybody know if there is any difference from the fw14 biker denim in comparison to SS15? I believe they did change over the years fw13 to 14 by hem or something.. No? Good to know in General. Thanks.

Last edited:

Prudy

Reaction score
The internet is almost 100% useless for actual information. For example, SLP is for someone and nobody, depending.

Post fits.

Last edited:

linstar

Reaction score

first, fashion. the saint laurent shoe returns thing is really annoying. i grabbed a pair of python santiags which i love, but don't fit, and can't return because they have like one scratch on the sole. for ****'s sake.

If you bought it directly from Saint Laurent contact your credit card company. I had a similar issue with a pair of sneakers that they wouldn't accept as a return. I disputed it with my credit card and they contacted SLP. Magically the day after I got a phone call saying they would accept the return.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem with looking at the cost of denim to assess the value, is that it doesn't take into account the value added by the designer's skill. I mean we don't look at a painting and assess it's value based on the cost of the canvas and paint that was used.

Of course some of what I said was personal opinion. However, objectively, there are many obvious differences between the alternatives and the original, and I think he should be aware of those differences before making the decision to spend approx 1/2 - 2/3 on an alternative (whether it's in the cut or the labels etc., there are glaring differences between them).

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So true. Its not only material cost but the work of the designer that we need to take into account.

Btw is FW15 going to drop like June July?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few bits usually start trickling into stores late May / June. Then they usually get deliveries up until September. I wouldn't be surprised if there's delays again though (last year stores here didn't have much through the summer and were still waiting on a lot of stuff in September). Pre-orders started on the online store early June. I've been holding off buying much and trying to save a bit of money because I anticipate there being a lot for me to buy this season.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
alright thanks man, I really like this collection both mens and womens very cool shows and music, this collection looks pretty dear to me though :( the materials and coats and stuff.

Last edited:

JSAN

Reaction score
What version of Hedi was the best for you guys

1998-2000 YSL Rive Gauche
2001-2003 Solitaire/Reflexions/Luster @ DH
2004-2007 Victim of the Crime/etc @ DH
2013 First season @SLP with lots of references to old DH work
2014 Etc.

For me, his years at YSL RG were the building blocks for his magnum opus at his early years in DH. It was the beginning of tighter pants, and the post-Dior suit, but wasn't as refined as it was a few years later.
Solitaire, reflexions and luster were his best work, and most creative. Each collection he refined the cut and styling of the clothing he made, and is cohesive in the look he wants.
VotC was the only notable season in his later DH years, with rehashes of previous seasons taking over. The creativity was lower, or perhaps the world was used to his rocker glam style. It got better in 2007 in my opinion. I believe Taralis as mentioned above should have been the successor to Hedi if Dior management wanted to continue in the same style, but they opted for a new 'safer' option with KVA.

In 2013 he comes back to SLP on the condition that he uses the collection to promote his photography skills. I'm not convinced that he cares so much about the clothing. Teddy bomber is based on his previous work. Jean cuts based off previous work with shorter hems and skinnier versions (although the cut changes later). Boots with heels which he did plenty of in YSL RG and DH, rider jacket is nice but pretty plain and looks a lot like a tight fit Lewis jacket.

2014 etc he adds some random metal pieces and its a commercial success.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads