• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

slpldr

Reaction score
I have teh tan vac one which I think is a bit different. I took my usual 48, but probably could've gone with a 46. I'm pretty sure bobby Gillespie is wearing teh black one here
5fd42a3c67c470dc86247846151c49f5.jpg
Which product code and year is yours?

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
"TWICE's Sana is appointed as Yves Saint Laurent Beauty Japan ambassador today! The inauguration press conference was held in the presence of 30 fans selected by lottery."

Kpop rules the game.

slpldr

Reaction score
I noticed new stuff from Sprint 24 is dropped on MrPorter and MyTheresa. Oversized blazers look dope, as well as a leopard trench coat, but some prices are crazy

slpldr

Reaction score
Trust me man, I've seen it! This girl I went to college with (she dropped out) who lives in Vegas is in that trade. She doesn't even work in Las Vegas, she just travels around the world a week or two a month and doesn't work for the rest of the month. She has her own website and on it has a list of really extravagant gifts she wants from her clients. I would think that she keeps all of the stuff but I bet coat hangers like her receive a lot of unsolicited stuff too that they just sell.
BTW

slpldr

Reaction score
So, regarding L01, I've just received 2019 Vaccarello's one, and so far it's the best fitting one for me. It is not as boxy as 2022 shiny black calfskin version, but it's definitely roomier than 2014 Hedi era jacket that I had previously. Armholes are bigger than on 2014, shoulder width is slightly bigger (this 2019 is between 41 and 42cm, 2014 was between 40 and 41cm), sleeves are not that slim, chest is the same (47-48cm armpit-to-armpit), but somehow appears roomier, I can easily zip it entirely and move hands. I could barely move hands in 2014 and armholes were incredibly tight.

Apart from fit, the biggest difference is how epaulettes are placed - on 2019 they are not that 'pressed' into jacket, and they expand to the sides more. In 2014 epaulettes were very thin and almost pressed into a jacket, and are not expanding. Leather is also different, and TBH I liked 2014 more than 2019, but 2014 was special oily lambskin, while 2019 is just a normal lambskin. Zippers work better and are not as stubborn as the old ones, but I liked the look of older ones more.

Overall, I would say 2014 gave me this certain 'hediboy'-emaciate look, which I personally kind disliked on me, and 2019 is a good compromise between comfort and a look.

Last edited:

DTOB

Reaction score
So, regarding L01, I've just received 2019 Vaccarello's one, and so far it's the best fitting one for me. It is not as boxy as 2022 shiny black calfskin version, but it's definitely roomier than 2014 Hedi era jacket that I had previously. Armholes are bigger than on 2014, shoulder width is slightly bigger (this 2019 is between 41 and 42cm, 2014 was between 40 and 41cm), sleeves are not that slim, chest is the same (47-48cm armpit-to-armpit), but somehow appears roomier, I can easily zip it entirely and move hands. I could barely move hands in 2014 and armholes were incredibly tight.

Apart from fit, the biggest difference is how epaulettes are placed - on 2019 they are not that 'pressed' into jacket, and they expand to the sides more. In 2014 epaulettes were very thin and almost pressed into a jacket, and are not expanding. Leather is also different, and TBH I liked 2014 more than 2019, but 2014 was special oily lambskin, while 2019 is just a normal lambskin. Zippers work better and are not as stubborn as the old ones, but I liked the look of older ones more.

Overall, I would say 2014 gave me this certain 'hediboy'-emaciate look, which I personally kind disliked on me, and 2019 is a good compromise between comfort and a look.
Would love to see fit pics comparing the two!

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hadn't watched this movie in years, but like two weeks ago ordered it on blu ray and watched it. I don't think it's his best, but it's an incredibly entertaining movie. I was thinking of it, in particular the infamous "Charlie M" scene, when someone in the Celine thread posted a pic of the skinny jeans that weren't all that skinny

slpldr

Reaction score
Would love to see fit pics comparing the two!
Sorry can't post it atm

2GG Allin
Actually a lot of Celine inspo in this movie, esp. from Ginger's pimp. I would be more into Celine, but personally I dislike this extra-retro look and obnoxious LVMH logomania

PS:
This whole quest with L01 made me realize that there are much more to the garment than just shoulder width, length, pit-to-pit measurement, etc. L01 from 2019 has 47-48cm p2p, and L01 from 2014 also, but because of armholes, 2014 fits much slimmer. Asking measurement on the internet won't always help, and many people also measure things incorrectly. This **** is like a minefield, only guarantee to buy a proper piece is to try and buy in the store, even trying in the store and buying online directly from them later won't guaranty the same fit.

Last edited:

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry can't post it atm

2GG Allin
Actually a lot of Celine inspo in this movie, esp. from Ginger's pimp. I would be more into Celine, but personally I dislike this extra-retro look and obnoxious LVMH logomania

PS:
This whole quest with L01 made me realize that there are much more to the garment than just shoulder width, length, pit-to-pit measurement, etc. L01 from 2019 has 47-48cm p2p, and L01 from 2014 also, but because of armholes, 2014 fits much slimmer. Asking measurement on the internet won't always help, and many people also measure things incorrectly. This **** is like a minefield, only guarantee to buy a proper piece is to try and buy in the store, even trying in the store and buying online directly from them later won't guaranty the same fit.
Yeah, I love James Woods as Lester the pimp in that movie. That, and his role in videodrome are just so good. I'm with you on not liking celine .

slpldr

Reaction score
Yeah, I love James Woods as Lester the pimp in that movie. That, and his role in videodrome are just so good. I'm with you on not liking celine .
Speaking of Videodrome, I really liked that YSL onboarded Cronenberg. Latest collections, apart from obvious references to Belle de Jour and The Hunger, have this general vibe of Cronenberg's Crash, as if current YSL clientelle are people like Ballard and his wife.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Videodrome, I really liked that YSL onboarded Cronenberg. Latest collections, apart from obvious references to Belle de Jour and The Hunger, have this general vibe of Cronenberg's Crash, as if current YSL clientelle are people like Ballard and his wife.
Yeah I agree. Vacc seems to be into cool films, whereas I can't really say the same for Hedi. I re-watched Crash a few weeks ago and really liked it. I'm kinda obsessed with Elias Koteas' portrayal of Vaughn; I feel like he's the best thing in the movie, besides teh bizarre subject matter. I tried to re-read the book, and even though I remember liking it as a kid, I just can't get into it anymore. I think the movie is superior. Interestingly, a couple of seasons ago, I seem to remember ERD playing some dialogue from the film over the soundtrack.

I suspect Vacc is way into Visconti's The Damned, as he should be.

As for the measurements of jackets not being the whole story: you are 100% correct on this. I feel like they're a good indication, but it's also good to get some more information, especially if you can't return it.

Also, sorry it completely slipped my mind that you wanted the code for my brown trench. It's: 337872 y039fw

Last edited:

slpldr

Reaction score
Yeah I agree. Vacc seems to be into cool films, whereas I can't really say the same for Hedi. I re-watched Crash a few weeks ago and really liked it. I'm kinda obsessed with Elias Koteas' portrayal of Vaughn; I feel like he's the best thing in the movie, besides teh bizarre subject matter. I tried to re-read the book, and even though I remember liking it as a kid, I just can't get into it anymore. I think the movie is superior. Interestingly, a couple of seasons ago, I seem to remember ERD playing some dialogue from the film over the soundtrack.

I suspect Vacc is way into Visconti's The Damned, as he should be.

As for the measurements of jackets not being the whole story: you are 100% correct on this. I feel like they're a good indication, but it's also good to get some more information, especially if you can't return it.
There was a whole Liquid Sky reference, somehow people didn't notice that

Recent rebranding and all this Bauhaus theme paints Hedi's era as some sort of a backstory about the punk couple 'eaten' in the beginning on The Hunger.

Alozano

Reaction score
I saw a new pair of boots from YSL that recently came out for the new season(Rainer Zipped Boots in Smooth Leather), and I really love how they look overall. I was real curious of outside opinions on these and what people generally think of how they look, their overall style and shape, and what clothing styles would fit best with them. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 4d9UH1e.jpg
    4d9UH1e.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 5683VEE.jpg
    5683VEE.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 65
  • O0WYY8o.jpg
    O0WYY8o.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 58
  • vfp3pMs.jpg
    vfp3pMs.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 433

slpldr

Reaction score
I saw a new pair of boots from YSL that recently came out for the new season(Rainer Zipped Boots in Smooth Leather), and I really love how they look overall. I was real curious of outside opinions on these and what people generally think of how they look, their overall style and shape, and what clothing styles would fit best with them. Any thoughts?
I liked them but don't think that they go well with anything except current 23-24 oversized suits/tuxedos. That's kind of my problem with recent Vaccarello's stuff - except a few things, I don't know how to combine that

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt