• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TommyLee59

Reaction score
Hi, could someone give me a quick LC on these SS15 jeans?

Attachments

• c014a809f3df48c98b9720a54f4971ed.jpg
    c014a809f3df48c98b9720a54f4971ed.jpg
    530.2 KB · Views: 74
  • b5cb8303c7624c86bdcd0b804c4f6181.jpg
    b5cb8303c7624c86bdcd0b804c4f6181.jpg
    559.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 38b8fe3f31ff476596ba49a65eb9bb1c.jpg
    38b8fe3f31ff476596ba49a65eb9bb1c.jpg
    538.3 KB · Views: 159
  • AnyConv.com__image_9f41bef9-d8f9-42f6-8833-187f7c6d7c2b_1200x.jpg
    AnyConv.com__image_9f41bef9-d8f9-42f6-8833-187f7c6d7c2b_1200x.jpg
    568.5 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I'd do a google search of the code on the tag to get an idea if they're legit.

Couple of things: First, I might be dumb, but is there any way to look at all the photos of the spring summer collection? you can see them sometimes if you click on a particular item, like this horrible shirt for example:
Large-776086Y36SW1000_Y.jpg

Also, how cool is it that legend Diana Ross is the face of the latest campaign?
1363715.jpeg

slpldr

Reaction score
^I'd do a google search of the code on the tag to get an idea if they're legit.

Couple of things: First, I might be dumb, but is there any way to look at all the photos of the spring summer collection? you can see them sometimes if you click on a particular item, like this horrible shirt for example:
Large-776086Y36SW1000_Y.jpg

Also, how cool is it that legend Diana Ross is the face of the latest campaign?
1363715.jpeg
Probably those looks are not ready yet, they will post them eventually. Or check out Vogue runway app.

BTW, one question for all - do women sneakers have the same sizing as mens in EU nomenclature, i.e. is Andy 41 the same for men and women? They have a different sizing in UK and US numbers.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interest check on the following sweater in black in size XL. Asking $850 shipped US. Retail $1850. 100% authentic. Ordered it over the holidays but missed the return window.

SHAWL-NECK SWEATER IN MOHAIR​

SHAWL-NECK SWEATER MADE WITH RESPONSIBLE MOHAIR AND RECYCLED POLYAMIDE, FEATURING BATWING SLEEVES AND RIB-KNIT TRIANGLE BACK PANEL AND TRIMS.
IMG_2841.jpeg
IMG_2839.jpeg
IMG_2838.jpeg
IMG_2840.jpeg

slpldr

Reaction score
SL/06 that I've got fit me well, but appears a bit too long, and that brought me into a rabbit hole of proper shoe sizing. Apparently, majority of shoes from different companies fit true to size, but they use different scales, and obscure conversion methods, therefore making its very difficult to compare the fit.

In order to find a proper fit one should measure the foot in CM, and than see where shoes are produced and what is a primary sizing scale company using. YSL shoes are measured by EU standard, with 2/3cm difference between sizes, 1/3cm being a difference between half sizes. Japanese and Korean 'centimeters' are not actual centimetres, but just a rounded scale, as well as some other brands indicate a last length on a label instead of a foot length. So, to get your correct YSL size you should go to EU ISO sizing standard, measure your foot and find a proper number. UK and US sizes are completely irrelevant and a just rounded conversions.

Ao, lets say you are wearing size 10.5 US in Nike, Nike is TTS according to Brannock, which corresponds to 275mm foot and size 43 EU in YSL boots according to ISO standard, while Nike scale would show incorrect 44.5 EU, and if you look up 10.5 US in YSL table it corresponds to 43.5 EU, which can be slightly too big. Adidas has primary US sizing as well, and its EU size is irrelevant.

US full size increment is 1/3 of an inch = approx. 0.85 cm.

Last edited:

widone

Reaction score
I purchased 2pair of saint laurent wyatt black suede 30cm one in size 39 and one in size 40
(because of the sizing issue)after I received size size 39 wyatt when already I received size 40 about a month ago I noticed that size 39 wyatt saint laurent box is slightly smaller than the size 40 wyatt box so my question is does the box comes with the bigger or smaller saint laurent box depending on the size of the boots?

ScrubbyDoo

Reaction score
There's gonna be a tiny bit of variation, we can't expect perfection from the child sweatshop workers making these boxes.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tbh, I'm a senior member on this thread, it has to be about 10 years or so, and I feel like people have been saying that quality has been going down since day one. It is what it is, SLP, Celine etc are going to be very nice but not Hermes or John Lobb.

slpldr

Reaction score
Tbh, I'm a senior member on this thread, it has to be about 10 years or so, and I feel like people have been saying that quality has been going down since day one. It is what it is, SLP, Celine etc are going to be very nice but not Hermes or John Lobb.
I think quality of SLP stuff increased with Vaccarello, at least recently. There were dips for certain seasons, and shoes were not always good quality.

The other thing is that many discounted pieces that circulate through resellers, discount websites, grilled and VC are often items that didn't pass quality control. They are not sold in the official stores, and enter the market from the backdoor somewhere in Italy.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The other thing is that many discounted pieces that circulate through resellers, discount websites, grilled and VC are often items that didn't pass quality control. They are not sold in the official stores, and enter the market from the backdoor somewhere in Italy.
So, we were discussing this subject a couple months ago, but this sounds plausible. Did you verify it somehow? Also, agree with you on the quality being pretty good under Vaccarello.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix