• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jack3tjunkie

Reaction score
How it pleases you is all that matters to be honest. I consider these looks pretty timeless.
In a way, Hedi accomplished what YSL did with some of his 70s looks for women, he just made them timeless ...

Last edited:

Simon Dykes

Reaction score
Is it criminal that I still find those looks so good? I know things have moved on, but they look so intrinsically aesthetically pleasing to me!

Things haven't really moved on, Hedi has just changed for the sake of change. He's never come close to his heyday at SLP imo.

Those days will always be the goat for the "rockstar" (cringe) aesthetic.

At its core it's such a timeless and classically cool look. My day to day casual attire has changed quite a lot since then (and covid, and fatherhood), but on occasion I'll still whip out a skinny black jeans, leather jacket & suede boots combo and feel like a million bucks.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Things haven't really moved on, Hedi has just changed for the sake of change. He's never come close to his heyday at SLP imo.

Those days will always be the goat for the "rockstar" (cringe) aesthetic.

At its core it's such a timeless and classically cool look. My day to day casual attire has changed quite a lot since then (and covid, and fatherhood), but on occasion I'll still whip out a skinny black jeans, leather jacket & suede boots combo and feel like a million bucks.
Out of curiosity, what is your day to day aesthetic? Or is it just like stuff you have to wear to work?

I'm with those who deeply mourn the Hedi of SLP days. I would give a testicle for him to go back making that stuff. Although there's still a ton of stuff out there on the secondary market in new condition, so it's by no means a total loss. I do have to confess, however, that I find a lot of the stuff he did from that period incredibly cringe.

There's a billion more things I could say on this topic, but I won't bore people with my ramblings.

Does anyone have fit pics of the l02 jacket? I'm about to go on another leather jacket binge, and this one has always appealed to me.
s-l400.jpg

Simon Dykes

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what is your day to day aesthetic? Or is it just like stuff you have to wear to work?

I'm lucky enough to work from home so don't have to worry about work attire.

It's just stuff that revolves around practicality and comfort really, so trainers, loose jeans / trousers, cool knits / jackets. Not really anything that will appeal to devotees of this thread but it just suits my lifestyle more. Don't want to be running around the park in heeled boots and a leather jacket.

Maybe I'll get more into the skinny jeans and boots stuff in winter.

Here's some random fit pics since no one asked.
IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_8418.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

Last edited:

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the best photo of a person wearing the l02 I've been able to find. It looks kinda sick, but I wouldn't mind seeing more.
style-blogs-the-gq-eye-SAINT%20LAURENT_MEN%20SS13_BD_46.jpg

Zbregov

Reaction score
Is it criminal that I still find those looks so good? I know things have moved on, but they look so intrinsically aesthetically pleasing to me!

I've seriously been trying move away from this look & get into something more "fashionable" ever since 2019 and realized only earlier this year that I neither can nor want to. Prior to Hedi's SLP, it's what I wanted to wear, just couldn't find the right clothes (plus I didn't really completely "get" the style until Hedi did with it what he did) & afterwards, I didn't want to revert to whatever was in at the moment. So whether it's criminal or not, I can't help it, myself...

Last edited:

micheyll

Reaction score
Where might one look for more affordable alternatives to Saint Laurent's beautiful knitwear? They seemingly have these floofy, really nice and comfortable looking knits with great cuts in their collection every year, but I haven't been able to find any similar alternatives. For example, their current line of knits is very aesthetically pleasing to my eye.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where might one look for more affordable alternatives to Saint Laurent's beautiful knitwear? They seemingly have these floofy, really nice and comfortable looking knits with great cuts in their collection every year, but I haven't been able to find any similar alternatives. For example, their current line of knits is very aesthetically pleasing to my eye.
I've been getting into slp knitwear as well. I'm not quite sure which ones you're referring to, though. I noticed this one just popped up on the webstore which looks great. It's "responsible mohair" so I wonder if that means it won't make you itch a ton.
Large-705342Y75PR3083_A.jpg

The super slim silk blends ones look great too. Although, since I'm on vacation eating like a fatass I don't even want to think about wearing those ones right now.

micheyll

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure which ones you're referring to, though.

I was thinking of something like this:

eCom-712176Y75SQ1095_A.jpg

I do love all of their current knitwear lineup, though. Unrelated to the knitwear matter, but my new SLP Wyatts finally arrived today. Super excited. :)

Simon Dykes

Reaction score
I was thinking of something like this:

View attachment 1834819

I do love all of their current knitwear lineup, though. Unrelated to the knitwear matter, but my new SLP Wyatts finally arrived today. Super excited. :)

If you want one with Saint Laurent written on it, there's really only one way to go.

In my experience, All Saints do some pretty good knits at nice price points.

Which Wyatts did ya get?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads