1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Supernova9

Supernova9 Member

Don’t think the XS will fit as the Nashville seems to fit tight around the collar and chest, but then puffs out lower down. Good thing about shirts is that they generally a lot easier to tailor so definitely bigger size and tailor down I think! Thanks.

2. Metall17

Metall17 Member

What year and colorway are these harness from.

3. KawaiiT

KawaiiT Member

[​IMG]

Treated myself with some 2015 SLP Waxed D02s in size 28.
    How do you like the fit and the overall look of the waxed denim?

4. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Distinguished Member

Looks great to me. Super natural

5. chaerimk

chaerimk Senior Member

I found the best solution is washing your jeans inside out and spray your shoes with suede protector when it is new. After every wear, use the suede eraser and lightly rub the colors out if there are any. Or wear very light wash jeans.

Unfortunately, if the the color already bleeded on, nothing you can do about. Just enjoy it. You won't notice it since you jeans will cover it up.

6. walds11

walds11 Senior Member

Good advice. Plus get your self a suede brush.

Additional advice: Wear the fuk out of your jeans and boots and don’t worry about it :)

7. HommeBoy007

HommeBoy007 Senior Member

Did you recently pick those up for 250? Looking clean.

8. Bill H

Bill H Senior Member

+1

9. KawaiiT

KawaiiT Member

Yes I got them off grailed, I was lucky the seller was in Germany like me so he lowered the price.

10. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior Member

Lucky, I was looking at those. Great pickup.

11. meowmix1891

meowmix1891 Senior Member

Anyone?

12. chaerimk

chaerimk Senior Member

I can comment on this. I have the papaya and actually bought and return the one from Mr. Porter. They are the same color. It is actually say papaya color on box. One thing of the papaya is that it is light brown new but as you wear then they get darker really quick. Just make sure you stay away from water. The leather is very sensitive to water spot but it will blend in as it get darker. The patina process is very neat. Here is the before and after. I wore these around about 10 times and it darken about 2 shades. Screenshot_20190209-201003_Instagram.jpg 20190209_200850.jpg

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Stylish Dinosaur

Boots/jeans

1DB8725C-EB47-4E6C-95C0-9B17F4A00643.jpeg

14. ASAPRice

ASAPRice Senior Member

I'd tuck in the white tee underneath and shorten both the sleeves and hem a tiny bit- my ideal fit is for the sleeve to hit around my wrist bone or slightly lower, and for the hem to hit around mid zipper.

don't worry about it, I think the denim stains add a ton of character to your boots. Shows you really wear em, and like you said, they aren't noticeable on foot. There's not too much you can do to prevent it from happening either, unless you go for a wider hem where the denim doesn't regularly rub against the boots.

15. AstroBoot

AstroBoot New Member

Thanks for the advice guys, really appreciate it :)

On a side note, I recently ordered a pair of Cognac Santiags from Grailed. Anyone got any pictures of these on feet? I've found a few online/on instagram, but seems pretty scarce.

[​IMG]