• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Supernova9

Reaction score
The Nashville shirt looks good. You could shorten the sleeves which would get rid of that bunching up effect.

There's a chance you could pull off the XS, as the shoulder seams to come down a touch below normal.

Don’t think the XS will fit as the Nashville seems to fit tight around the collar and chest, but then puffs out lower down. Good thing about shirts is that they generally a lot easier to tailor so definitely bigger size and tailor down I think! Thanks.

Metall17

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for some advice here:

I've been wearing (cheaper) suede boots for a while now, and constantly had this problem with jeans bleeding onto my shoes in exactly the same fashion as the picture - it's always in the same spot (where the hem meets the boot). I don't know if it's bleeding, because the rest of my boot doesn't end up like that, or some kind of rubbing...but either way it's become a real issue for me. Especially since I bought a pair of Wyatts, and the same thing happened. I'm not wearing cheap jeans either (Acne), and they've been washed a couple of times...

You can't see it when I wear them, because my jeans cover the nasty mark, but obviously it's not ideal. Any tips on what the problem is here or what to do about it? Would love any assistance.

View attachment 1122401

View attachment 1122402
What year and colorway are these harness from.

KawaiiT

Reaction score
97Jqk6K.jpg

Treated myself with some 2015 SLP Waxed D02s in size 28.
How do you like the fit and the overall look of the waxed denim?

chaerimk

Reaction score

I've been wearing (cheaper) suede boots for a while now, and constantly had this problem with jeans bleeding onto my shoes in exactly the same fashion as the picture - it's always in the same spot (where the hem meets the boot). I don't know if it's bleeding, because the rest of my boot doesn't end up like that, or some kind of rubbing...but either way it's become a real issue for me. Especially since I bought a pair of Wyatts, and the same thing happened. I'm not wearing cheap jeans either (Acne), and they've been washed a couple of times...

You can't see it when I wear them, because my jeans cover the nasty mark, but obviously it's not ideal. Any tips on what the problem is here or what to do about it? Would love any assistance.

View attachment 1122401

View attachment 1122402

I found the best solution is washing your jeans inside out and spray your shoes with suede protector when it is new. After every wear, use the suede eraser and lightly rub the colors out if there are any. Or wear very light wash jeans.

Unfortunately, if the the color already bleeded on, nothing you can do about. Just enjoy it. You won't notice it since you jeans will cover it up.

walds11

Reaction score
I found the best solution is washing your jeans inside out and spray your shoes with suede protector when it is new. After every wear, use the suede eraser and lightly rub the colors out if there are any. Or wear very light wash jeans.

Unfortunately, if the the color already bleeded on, nothing you can do about. Just enjoy it. You won't notice it since you jeans will cover it up.

Good advice. Plus get your self a suede brush.

Additional advice: Wear the fuk out of your jeans and boots and don’t worry about it :)

meowmix1891

Reaction score
Hey guys I picked up two pairs of wyatt boots in the recent sales- a pair of black calfskin jodhpurs and a pair of "burnished tan" calfskin harness boots.

Had a question about the tan ones. These are it:
https://www.lyst.com/shoes/saint-la...untry=US&atc_grouping=Display&atc_content=dpa

Are these the same as the "papaya" wyatts? Or are these burnished a little darker? I saw a couple pics on this thread of the papaya and they look much lighter. The boots I ordered from MrPorter, in the pictures (I haven't received them yet) actually look more of a mid-brown because of the burnishing.
I think both of them look great. The black jodhpurs will work great with my current business-cas wardrobe. Not sure about these, but I had to get them because they look so damn nice.

Would some people more knowledgable be able to chime in?

Anyone?

chaerimk

Reaction score
I can comment on this. I have the papaya and actually bought and return the one from Mr. Porter. They are the same color. It is actually say papaya color on box. One thing of the papaya is that it is light brown new but as you wear then they get darker really quick. Just make sure you stay away from water. The leather is very sensitive to water spot but it will blend in as it get darker. The patina process is very neat. Here is the before and after. I wore these around about 10 times and it darken about 2 shades.
Screenshot_20190209-201003_Instagram.jpg
20190209_200850.jpg

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Boots/jeans

1DB8725C-EB47-4E6C-95C0-9B17F4A00643.jpeg

ASAPRice

Reaction score
So I cancelled the order for the red checked overshirt and went instead for the Nashville for full price as that’s what I really wanted!

View attachment 1121825
I'd tuck in the white tee underneath and shorten both the sleeves and hem a tiny bit- my ideal fit is for the sleeve to hit around my wrist bone or slightly lower, and for the hem to hit around mid zipper.

View attachment 1122401
don't worry about it, I think the denim stains add a ton of character to your boots. Shows you really wear em, and like you said, they aren't noticeable on foot. There's not too much you can do to prevent it from happening either, unless you go for a wider hem where the denim doesn't regularly rub against the boots.

AstroBoot

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys, really appreciate it :)

On a side note, I recently ordered a pair of Cognac Santiags from Grailed. Anyone got any pictures of these on feet? I've found a few online/on instagram, but seems pretty scarce.

saint-laurent-cognac-cognac-western-santiag-boots-brown-product-2-233168749-normal.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads