• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jared7

Reaction score
Wyatt harness boots advice needed. UK10/44 in most things and the 44 boots (from FW14 I believe) fit slightly big. Size down half or one whole size?

BigRed

Reaction score
On a related note...I have a suede Chelsea in 43.5 and a black leather harness in 44. I’m going to buy the nut suede harness and the YSL sales associate is telling me to get a 43.5 since it’s suede. Should go with a 43.5 or 44? I have a narrow foot.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Wyatt harness boots advice needed. UK10/44 in most things and the 44 boots (from FW14 I believe) fit slightly big. Size down half or one whole size?
half for leather, whole for suede. Suede stretches more.

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys, really appreciate it :)

On a side note, I recently ordered a pair of Cognac Santiags from Grailed. Anyone got any pictures of these on feet? I've found a few online/on instagram, but seems pretty scarce.

saint-laurent-cognac-cognac-western-santiag-boots-brown-product-2-233168749-normal.jpeg

Those are peng. Pls update with fit pics! Which size did you nab these in?

movoblast

Reaction score
Jodhpur sizing advice needed. Is it just me or is the opening to get your foot in really narrow? Wear 8UK/42 in most shoes and sometimes even go down a half size. The Jodhpurs in 42 are tiny! Once I get my feet in, they fit nice and snug. Getting my wide flat foot in is the problem. Does this get better with time?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to look up "peng". Agree, those boots look great. I remember eyeballing them when originally released.

papillo

Reaction score
Jodhpur sizing advice needed. Is it just me or is the opening to get your foot in really narrow? Wear 8UK/42 in most shoes and sometimes even go down a half size. The Jodhpurs in 42 are tiny! Once I get my feet in, they fit nice and snug. Getting my wide flat foot in is the problem. Does this get better with time?

I just loosen the strap and remove it from its “eyelet” if I need to expand the opening. I’m not sure you want the opening too wide as it would mess with the line of the shoes.

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
Had to look up "peng". Agree, those boots look great. I remember eyeballing them when originally released.

Yeah I think I’ve been spending too much time around some friends from the UK. Anyhow the Santiags are great, I am still puzzled as to why some people think the Lucas are superior - sure they’re cool boots but the silhouette of the Santiags looks more authentic to me.

AstroBoot

Reaction score
Those are peng. Pls update with fit pics! Which size did you nab these in?

Will do, just waiting for them to ship, coming all the way from USA so it might be a wait...I got them in US 7.5 so UK 7ish. Price was $580, because the bottoms are a little bit scuffed, so (based on the pictures I’ve seen) seems like a steal. Fingers crossed anyway.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
Will do, just waiting for them to ship, coming all the way from USA so it might be a wait...I got them in US 7.5 so UK 7ish. Price was $580, because the bottoms are a little bit scuffed, so (based on the pictures I’ve seen) seems like a steal. Fingers crossed anyway.

Figures - if they were in a larger size they would’ve probably sold for $200 or so higher. Lucky you! I hope they arrive in great condition.

walds11

Reaction score
97Jqk6K.jpg

Treated myself with some 2015 SLP Waxed D02s in size 28.
How do you like the fit and the overall look of the waxed denim?

Nice fit and slick look!

What is the standard inseam measurement of DO2s? 34”? If so, too damn long. I usually rock ~32” on low to mid-rise slim fits. I prefer some breaking and not a lot of stacking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads