1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. papillo

papillo Senior Member

I can’t dress myself...

2. BigRed

BigRed Senior Member

Has anyone picked up the Dakota Chelsea boot yet? I’m curious as to how it fits compared to the Wyatt Chelsea.

3. ASAPRice

ASAPRice Senior Member

Love Lucchese styles, wish they had slightly slimmer boot shafts though, I can't fit anything they make under my denim. Been looking a real cowboy boot that will

4. FsXClan1

FsXClan1 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have some experience with their leather pants? How's the quality compared to other brands?

5. walds11

walds11 Senior Member

How’s the sizing on the skinny and slim jeans? Where can I find the various measurements (inseam, back rise, front rise, leg opening, etc.)?

6. walds11

walds11 Senior Member

Re: my new Wyatt Chelsea boots in suede wood, do you recommend treating them with a suede protector spray? How about having a cobbler adding rubber bottoms to them?

On the box it’s says Otterproof wood? What does the otterproof mean?

Thanks SLP fam!

7. Serad

Serad Senior Member

Yes and yes. Although you can walk on them for a while before adding rubber topsoles no worries. Otterproof is just the name of the colourway, no idea where they got that from.

8. walds11

walds11 Senior Member

Ok, great. Thanks for the response. I have suede protector spray on hand. And I won’t rush them to the cobbler for rubber topsoles.

This is the most luxurious suede I ever handled. The feel and napping is amazing. Almost looks like an otter. Maybe that’s where the name comes from :-D

9. papillo

papillo Senior Member

I previously posted about the pair pictured below that i own. It's made out of lamb leather, and is very soft and supple. Pretty comfortable to wear. I also own a pair of Jbrand Tyler leather pants. Quality wise, i don't find much of a difference between the two of them. The SLP is cut a lot slimmer and is tapered from the knee below, but that could also be because these are a women's pair.

[​IMG]

10. Supernova9

Supernova9 Member

So I cancelled the order for the red checked overshirt and went instead for the Nashville for full price as that’s what I really wanted!

Got a S which fit my shoulder and chest perfectly but was definitely too long so got it shortened along with sleeves an inch.

Let me know what you think of fit, think maybe a bit shorter and it seems to be quite wide around the hips?

4281C00F-9641-4921-BA7F-5EC47B063FD8.jpeg

11. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior Member

Don't use any type of spray. It will make the suede one shade darker and change the texture. Just get a good suede brush and you'll be fine. Suede is tougher than regular leather.

12. piblondin

piblondin Senior Member

I realize that this is dependent on body type and measurements, but, for those who are familiar with the piece, what’s the best guess of the size of gabardine Teddy jacket I should get at 5”7’, 140lbs, 36” chest? 44 or 46? Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019

13. meowmix1891

meowmix1891 Senior Member

Hey guys I picked up two pairs of wyatt boots in the recent sales- a pair of black calfskin jodhpurs and a pair of "burnished tan" calfskin harness boots.

Had a question about the tan ones. These are it:
    https://www.lyst.com/shoes/saint-la...untry=US&atc_grouping=Display&atc_content=dpa

Are these the same as the "papaya" wyatts? Or are these burnished a little darker? I saw a couple pics on this thread of the papaya and they look much lighter. The boots I ordered from MrPorter, in the pictures (I haven't received them yet) actually look more of a mid-brown because of the burnishing.
    I think both of them look great. The black jodhpurs will work great with my current business-cas wardrobe. Not sure about these, but I had to get them because they look so damn nice.

Would some people more knowledgable be able to chime in?

14. AstroBoot

AstroBoot New Member

Hey guys, looking for some advice here:

I've been wearing (cheaper) suede boots for a while now, and constantly had this problem with jeans bleeding onto my shoes in exactly the same fashion as the picture - it's always in the same spot (where the hem meets the boot). I don't know if it's bleeding, because the rest of my boot doesn't end up like that, or some kind of rubbing...but either way it's become a real issue for me. Especially since I bought a pair of Wyatts, and the same thing happened. I'm not wearing cheap jeans either (Acne), and they've been washed a couple of times...

You can't see it when I wear them, because my jeans cover the nasty mark, but obviously it's not ideal. Any tips on what the problem is here or what to do about it? Would love any assistance.

IMG_3210.JPG

IMG_3211.JPG

15. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Distinguished Member

The Nashville shirt looks good. You could shorten the sleeves which would get rid of that bunching up effect.

There's a chance you could pull off the XS, as the shoulder seams to come down a touch below normal.