• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KawaiiT

Reaction score
Nice fit and slick look!

What is the standard inseam measurement of DO2s? 34”? If so, too damn long. I usually rock ~32” on low to mid-rise slim fits. I prefer some breaking and not a lot of stacking.

Yeah its 34" but I prefer that, in 32" when I sit down or kneel the pants always slide up and I have to push them down below the knee.

walds11

Reaction score
Yeah its 34" but I prefer that, in 32" when I sit down or kneel the pants always slide up and I have to push them down below the knee.

Thanks for your feedback on this. The choice of inseam sizes is not an option on high end denim. I don’t mind cuffing depending on the type of footwear I’m wearing. I heard that the SL boutiques have a tailor on site. They can hem the inseam to the appropriate length and hand distress the cuff back to factory specs.

KawaiiT

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback on this. The choice of inseam sizes is not an option on high end denim. I don’t mind cuffing depending on the type of footwear I’m wearing. I heard that the SL boutiques have a tailor on site. They can hem the inseam to the appropriate length and hand distress the cuff back to factory specs.

Yeah I heard that too but in Germany we only have 1 Boutique that sells Mens Clothing and that's in Munich but I might go there in 1-2 Months and get me some Wyatts.
Will definitely ask if they have that here aswell.

walds11

Reaction score
Yeah I heard that too but in Germany we only have 1 Boutique that sells Mens Clothing and that's in Munich but I might go there in 1-2 Months and get me some Wyatts.
Will definitely ask if they have that here aswell.

I have a SL boutique about 20 minutes from my house :)

I just picked up a pair of suede Chelsea boots in the wood color. They are fit like a glove and are super comfy right out of the box.

93E6C4DE-CA38-4C26-92BD-714AF214945B.jpeg

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@walds11 : I really dig the avatar (edit: and the boots!). I've been watching the Studio 54 documentary that they showed on A&E here, did you get a chance to watch it yet?

walds11

Reaction score
@walds11 : I really dig the avatar (edit: and the boots!). I've been watching the Studio 54 documentary that they showed on A&E here, did you get a chance to watch it yet?

Thanks man! I love that movie and the late 70s disco era. I was only upper single digits age in that era :)

Nah, I haven’t had a chance to watch the Studio 54 documentary, but will be sure to tune into it.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! I love that movie and the late 70s disco era. I was only upper single digits age in that era :)

Nah, I haven’t had a chance to watch the Studio 54 documentary, but will be sure to tune into it.
Yes, I'm into the era as well, and have been moving my style in that direction (I'm just hoping I don't cringe at it in 5 or so years).

I'm reading this fascinating book called "Life and death on the New York dance floor 1980-83", which describes in a lot of detail the post-disco music era in NYC, which is an interesting blend of disco, funk, punk, rap, etc.

Check out that documentary, which is also on dvd, there's a lot of good pictures of clothes and the music selection was respectable (Manu Dibango, Gary's Gang, etc.).

walds11

Reaction score
Yes, I'm into the era as well, and have been moving my style in that direction (I'm just hoping I don't cringe at it in 5 or so years).

I'm reading this fascinating book called "Life and death on the New York dance floor 1980-83", which describes in a lot of detail the post-disco music era in NYC, which is an interesting blend of disco, funk, punk, rap, etc.

Check out that documentary, which is also on dvd, there's a lot of good pictures of clothes and the music selection was respectable (Manu Dibango, Gary's Gang, etc.).

I have a few pieces from the disco era, mostly just for fun.

My wife and I go to the Trop in Atlantic City, NJ quite frequently and hit Boogie Nights club when we’re there. 70s and 80s themed night club. Fun stuff!

Metall17

Reaction score
Here some pics comparing them with my Santiags for anyone that cares. Sorry I dont know how to condense these photos so dont take up whole page sorry. I think the Lukas nut color is super easy to style with different jeans and shirts. The black santiags with the harness are a bit aesthetically hard to get right look, but I think they are pretty coo. The Santiags seems heavier and better constructed, while Lukas feel a bit more luxurious if that makes sense. Another thing I like about Lukas is the higher shaft length which allows you to wear more cropped pants with them. With the Santiags you literally need perfect length pant or you will see shaft and will look bad, just a minor thing. I don't think either are worth there retail price, but if you find deals definitely think worth the money!!

tlXjPX4fTwymITQL93wIPg.jpg

8pmDljkUSSaVkWxi115PIw.jpg

nPYEqLdvRSu%AS7F0iioQw.jpg

xRDtv4mLSlCaXOXEnmr1Lg.jpg

W0Tb6MVlSzCtxUJFjju0ag.jpg

lUNvVQQkR0ivuXraSU7hqQ.jpg

Last edited:

Metall17

Reaction score
Here are some on foot comparisons. Thats all folks! Happy Wednesday! I know the mirror shots are kinda crappy, but gives idea how similar these two boots fit. Hopefully helps with people on fence deciding if they should grab the Lukas. Next pair I want to get are the 2019 new season Nut Suede Wyatt Harness.
https://www.ysl.com/us/shop-product...MIjaX1s6S44AIVisVkCh1ocgODEAkYCCABEgKsE_D_BwE
If anyone has pics of these I'd appreciate it!!!

fullsizeoutput_164d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_164f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1652.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1654.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1656.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1658.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_165a.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads