• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not a fan boy

Never been a cock sucker or a dick Ryder

It’s not in my dna

Certain brands are strictly for females

Chloe Chanel Celine

I idolize myself I don’t pine for no other man

But go incur debt because of another man

“Hedi is with Celine...omg”

Who cares who gives a ****

He don’t give a **** about you

But there you are with your Poms poms cheerleading

Wait, you're calling the same people who you accused of homophobia a few pages back cock suckers and dick riders?

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those people living in places where the sales have started - is the selection good/are the classics on sale?

I want to grab some of the classic jackets/boots before Vacarello starts messing it up/before Celine drops at 2x the current SLP price
It’s worse than you would ever imagine

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Yeah I’m not a fan boy

Never been a cock sucker or a dick Ryder

It’s not in my dna

Certain brands are strictly for females

Chloe Chanel Celine

I idolize myself I don’t pine for no other man

But go incur debt because of another man

“Hedi is with Celine...omg”

Who cares who gives a ****

He don’t give a **** about you

But there you are with your Poms poms cheerleading
I'm just waiting for you to post a fit :)
and obviously you give a **** about what we're doing considering you're writing these weird ass lyric posts or w/e the **** this is

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if mens and womens boot sizes for SLP are unisex, similar to CP's? I found a pair of womens boots in size 41, which would work for me in mens if they're the same sizing.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you mean?
It seemed to be just stuff from that limbo time period in between Hedi leaving and Vaccarello really putting out his own designs. That guy on the previous page posted a link that you can check out, I didn't see anything even remotely interesting.

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
It seemed to be just stuff from that limbo time period in between Hedi leaving and Vaccarello really putting out his own designs. That guy on the previous page posted a link that you can check out, I didn't see anything even remotely interesting.
Yeah I just peeped - the selection is horrid. The brand has almost completely fallen off IMO

Trixz

Reaction score
Yeah I just peeped - the selection is horrid. The brand has almost completely fallen off IMO

Also, based on the volume of items for sale. I'd say AV men's items are not flying off the shelves. Many of the items seem to be outside of the minimalist items. Much of them have stuff written on them like, "heaven," which I would both neither wear and if I did would get tired of super fast. They also have the brand logo on it, which for some that are a bit flashier and want people to know what they are wearing might like but for me it's not about broadcasting what I wear, it's more knowing for myself and having clothing that highlights aspects of by body better than the drone cuts from cheaper labels. Perhaps this highlights the beginning of the decline of huge labelling on clothing or AV just got it wrong.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the "heaven" jacket is hideous, but for me, this jacket represents the absolute worst of that transitionary period between Hedi and Vaccarello:
34799572SG_14_a_V4.jpg

Apologies if anyone actually likes this one, but I find it to be the most unwearable item I've seen the brand produce.

Also, at the risk of sounding like a Vaccarello fanboy, I'm not sure if these designs can be attributed to him, even though he was the creative director at the time, the way that FW 18 and SS 19 can (I may be in denial here). It seems to me that those latter two collections, besides being quite good, are more distinctively his. I could've sworn someone in this thread said that in this transitionary period between Hedi and Vacc it was the former assistants to Hedi at SLP that were designing the bulk of the pieces.

papillo

Reaction score
Also, based on the volume of items for sale. I'd say AV men's items are not flying off the shelves. Many of the items seem to be outside of the minimalist items. Much of them have stuff written on them like, "heaven," which I would both neither wear and if I did would get tired of super fast. They also have the brand logo on it, which for some that are a bit flashier and want people to know what they are wearing might like but for me it's not about broadcasting what I wear, it's more knowing for myself and having clothing that highlights aspects of by body better than the drone cuts from cheaper labels. Perhaps this highlights the beginning of the decline of huge labelling on clothing or AV just got it wrong.

the trend seems to be about ostentatious logos
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/07/fashion/logos-gucci-fendi-supreme.html

Has anyone seen pics of these leather pants or a product name/link to them? What style code do are the leather pants known by? (i.e. d01, d04 etc) These are women's leather pants with pins on them from last year. Thanks!

tizlRku.jpg

Deeky

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a heads up if they see a size 42 (XXS) or 44 (XS) classic teddy on sale? tyvm

xczuman

Reaction score
Is anyone here familiar with the FW13 L17 in oiled calf? Product code is Y5CT1. Apparently, it it not heritage calf so I was wondering how it fits and how heavy it is. Thanks

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78