• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ranger44

Reaction score
@Isolar thanks, man! Are you talking about the AW13 heritage L17? I sold it on because it was a size too large for me, unfortunately...

The SS16 L17 is my favorite iteration of all the L17s I've tried, honestly - it has such a nice weight and drape to it, and it is lux while still being wearable on the day to day...super versatile and quite nice, IMO. I think for an everyday SLP leather either this one or the AW13 calf L17 would have to be the best they produced.

Definitely agree with you on this. My aw13 for my everyday wear..
takes forever to break in..I love it.

Had opportunity to get the mutton, but I already had 2 lamb L01 and the aged calf l01.. it just made sense to keep it at bay with 2 calf and 2 lamb.

Must say the aged l01 is super light calf though.. since there is no padding..

I never got to handle or check out the mutton.
But it looks great and I hear non stop good things about it.

Last edited:

Ranger44

Reaction score
They look better in IRL than on mr porter. My wife says it looks like I'm wearing her jeans though

I remember when Levi's made super skinny jeans, they called them ex girlfriend jeans, in spirit of.. looks like you stole your ex gf denim.. ride or die baby

CoutureCowboy

Reaction score
The grey does fit smaller, but I went the same size. The grey doesn't have any stretch so currently it's tighter and less comfortable. I wish I would have gotten into the SLP game earlier and picked up more of the washed faded denim, like the greys from previous seasons. My faded blue ones have stretch and are prob one of the most comfortable pairs or jeans I own.

Their denim is comfy af. 2013 is my favorite for comfort .. 2015 fit is really nice to me.. also grey from 2014 is really nice .. all their denim regardless is great.

haydrak

Reaction score
I agree. I have owned aw13 heritage L17 and the L1 from the same season and although I loved them both, I find myself enjoying the ss16 aged mutton the most, I think of all the 3 I have personally owned the ss16 mutton version is my personal favorite. Picture from yesterday in my ss16 mutton L17.

IMG_9280.JPG

mayastig

Reaction score
Yeah they are the ones from mr porter. The 100% cotton is far more forgiving in the waist than my white D02s, but the thighs are pretty unforgiving. I'm sure they will stretch out a bit, but the color/fade looks really great imo.

Do you have more pics of the fade? been thinking of picking these up but the picture on mr. porter shows they are really faded, on your pic it doesnt look as faded.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have more pics of the fade? been thinking of picking these up but the picture on mr. porter shows they are really faded, on your pic it doesnt look as faded.

I'll try to take some pics when I get home. The fade on my pair isn't nearly as drastic as the pics on the mr p website. It's similar to the last few pics they have on the website if just the denim

Prudy

Reaction score
^^ nice fade and color on those

Hey guys just FYI selling some rare SLP leathers over on the FB group, my 2013 Trapunto-stitched biker and a rare prototype L17.

Ranger44

Reaction score
I agree. I have owned aw13 heritage L17 and the L1 from the same season and although I loved them both, I find myself enjoying the ss16 aged mutton the most, I think of all the 3 I have personally owned the ss16 mutton version is my personal favorite. Picture from yesterday in my ss16 mutton L17.

View attachment 789137

Looks great. Heritage I heard was one beast of a jacket.. That's definitely the strongest and most tuff jacket L17 made. Really have to break it in with a lot a lot of wear I presume.

I wanted to ask? how long you think it takes to break in the fw13 calf?
I got about ruffly 30/40 wears in so far

Last edited:

haydrak

Reaction score
Thanks @Prudy, and I did go Tts with the ss16 leather.
@Ranger44 i did own a aw13 heritage L17 but I think I should have taken a 48 instead of a 46, I couldn't break into it and it was a little too heavy for me. I ended up selling it. On the other hand the ss16 mutton is light weight and I find it drapes better on my body, I wear it like a uniform.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Isolar

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads