Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. CoutureCowboy

CoutureCowboy New Member

All time holy grail, sumi ink... props man.. what size ? Does it fit a little smaller? Measurements I got from a 46 seem to fit like my 44?

2. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

@CoutureCowboy thanks, it's a 46 I find it fits TTS. The boots in my pics are the black calf santiags, FYI.

3. xczuman

xczuman New Member

What size is the L17? And do you know what size you are in the L01? Thank you

4. objectivelyappealing

objectivelyappealing New Member

I'm new to this forum and I feel like this is the right place for questions when it regards Saint Laurent.

I'm in the process of ordering the L01 leather jacket and my question is should I order from ssense.com or ysl.com there is a 100 euro price difference but that is not a problem.

Pros and cons for either is very much appreciated.

Thank you

5. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

@xczuman the L17 is a Sz 48. I recommend trying first or buying from an online retailer w/ a good return policy as they can vary a bit from season to season and materials/size. I usually take a 46 or 48, depending on the style.

6. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

@objectivelyappealing IME ssense has a very strict return policy where ysl.com is more lax.

Either is fine but know that ssense will balk at any item that looks worn in any way.

7. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

Hey Prudy, congrats on the picks up! Would kill for a sumi ink jacket!

I have the SS16 aged mutton L17 in a size 48 (very fitted).

If I just read correctly yours is also 48 but your sumi ink is size 46 (I'm surprised) <<< is that correct? So you recommend I search for a size 48 in the sumi ink I imagine.

Reason I'm asking is because I thought in that jacket (it being calf and fw13) I might need to size up to 50. But if you sized down from the jacket we both own I reckon I should go for the same size.

Thanks

8. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

IMG_3213.JPG Just got these boys in, I like the color a lot. Sorry about the two diff boots in the pic. Really nice grey faded denim though.

IMG_3217.JPG Got the coated denim in as well. The stacks are awesome but they are too long, will need to get the hemmed. They are rolled underneath in this pic

Last edited: May 27, 2017 at 11:49 AM
  9. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Hey, @ohyehhh that's correct ;)

I tend to wear either 46 or 48, depending on style and season. For some reason, I typically take a 46 in the L01 and a 48 in the L17 (though, I can technically wear either). I'm kinda in between sizes, so I just have to base my choices on the individual piece/fit. I'd say the Sumi Ink fits TTS but it's all relative to your proportions.

You are way more muscular than I am, and my body shape is super rectangular (I definitely don't have big biceps or chest muscles). Hence, I find the cropped, boxy fit of the L01 (which I never zip up, btw) usually fits perfectly in 46 and the cropped but not-as-boxy style of the L17 looks better on me in 48 (especially in a lamb/mutton style, which drapes differently). But, the truth is I could wear either size in most SLP leathers except for the really cropped styles that you would want to zip up or button up on occasion.

Just to give you an idea of what I have in case it helps, and none of these fit 'oversized' they are all pretty slim/skinny on my frame:

SS13 trapunto-stitched moto = 48
    SS13 peacoats (regular and cropped caban) = Size 50 (this season's overcoats are even smaller than AW13)

AW13 sumi ink = 46
    AW13 velvet-collar chesterfield = 48

SS14 blood luster bomber = 48

FW14 tabacco shearling = 48

SS15 fringed L17 = 46
    SS15 whipstitch leather = 48

FW15 military pea coat = 48
    FW15 camel chesterfield = 46
    FW15 shearling aviator = 48
    FW15 zig zag bomber = 46

SS16 mutton L17 = 48

FW16 leopard chesterfield = 46

All my denim jackets (SS14 light wash, SS15 March 1978 & 2016 vintage wash) = M

I wear size 48 in all my SLP blazers except for FW14 which runs oversized and I wear a size 46 in those.

Hope that helps...