Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

@ohyehhh I know it would be hard but let me know if you decide to sell it ;) I'd take it off your hands.

Yeah, totally- I'm like a 47 for sure...

2. CoutureCowboy

CoutureCowboy New Member

3. therattler

therattler Senior member

@Jbidwal Is that sawtooth shirt kicking around anywhere? Would love you to grab one as well.

4. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

Santiags look great! Wish they made a tobacco suede version with the harness akin to the black leathers

5. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

A bit late, but damn @Prudy, great pick-ups, man! My SS16 L17 is maybe my single favorite piece, and the sumi ink is on top of my wishlist. Did you keep the calf L17 as well? If they weren't so pricey, I'd definitely try to collect as many of the bikers as possible. There have been so many great ones over the years.

6. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Pockets look the same as the rest of my denim, I included a pic of the tag as well and the rest of the family.
    IMG_3243.JPG IMG_3242.JPG IMG_3241.JPG
    Coated black, raw black, raw indigo, faded grey, faded blue, white.

7. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

@Isolar thanks, man! Are you talking about the AW13 heritage L17? I sold it on because it was a size too large for me, unfortunately...

The SS16 L17 is my favorite iteration of all the L17s I've tried, honestly - it has such a nice weight and drape to it, and it is lux while still being wearable on the day to day...super versatile and quite nice, IMO. I think for an everyday SLP leather either this one or the AW13 calf L17 would have to be the best they produced.

8. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

Yeah, that's the one. Shame, but you definitely don't want a biker that doesn't fit right.

While you've definitely handled more iterations than I have, that was my suspicion all along, and I'm super happy with mine. Especially considering it was pure luck that I ended up grabbing it, right as SS16 items started to stock. I could have ended up with the FW15 version, which I've since handled, and frankly doesn't compare to the SS16, in my opinion.

9. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

@Isolar I think it's a unique one in the line up. Not that there's anything wrong with the others but the aged mutton is a great one for sure...

The heritage was amazing but it's super, super substantial. Not an everyday leather at all, definitely a winter piece. Turns out the FW15 aviator shearling is also super substantial and of similar thickness to the heritage, and it's more wearable for me day to day stylistically so I'm happy ;) I like the L17 as a more casual day to day jacket and not one I ever like to zip up, so the winter weight heritage is a bit impractical...the aviator looks great zipped up or not, and you can layer under it, too.

10. Diet CCC

Diet CCC Well-Known Member

How do you find the fit between the faded grey and the raw black D02, do they fit the same? mrporter suggests that the faded grey one fit smaller.

11. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

The grey does fit smaller, but I went the same size. The grey doesn't have any stretch so currently it's tighter and less comfortable. I wish I would have gotten into the SLP game earlier and picked up more of the washed faded denim, like the greys from previous seasons. My faded blue ones have stretch and are prob one of the most comfortable pairs or jeans I own.

12. volchok

volchok Senior member

Just got these as well. Now time to find a good tailor to hem them.

13. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Didn't you get he grey or the coated?