• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just received a tielocken (size m, charcoal) but it doesn't work particularly well on me. I'll be shipping it back to Paul in the next few days but know they sold out pretty quickly so thought it might be worth seeing if anyone in the US wants to take it off my hands - probably easier than shipping it back overseas.

This incidentally is the last remaining tielocken in size M in the known universe.

It looks like this:

tielocken-donegal-tweed-charcoal-1@2x.jpg
tielocken-donegal-tweed-charcoal-3.jpg
tielocken-donegal-tweed-charcoal-8.jpg
tielocken-donegal-tweed-charcoal-5.jpg

GFox

Reaction score
Yes — we underestimated the potential popularity of the tielocken, when we ordered the cloth 3-4 months ago. Interest has really ramped up — on here and in Japan, in particular — in the past few weeks, and so we've accumulated something of a waiting list.

There are likely a few still in stock. However, I am loathe to put them online until the dust has settled with those who made enquiries in advance of their release.

This sort of demand is quite unprecedented for us. It is all very well things being popular, but I do not like to have people disappointed, frustrated, or just generally mildly irritated that something is already unavailable before its general release. Since we are small, and our production runs likewise, even ten additional people being interested in a garment is proportionally a very big (and in this instance, nearly unmanageable) boost for us. We commission the weaving of the cloth months in advance of production, and there's no easy way to tack on additional meterage with the mill once yarn has been ordered and preparations for weaving are underway.

I had earmarked the tielocken as a "fairly esoteric style unlikely to be very popular" — in line with our trench and topcoat — rather than something that would have (relatively) wide appeal.

I am sorry to anyone who is let down, or will be.

Hello,

Sorry to quote this answer from some days ago, but do you mean that there will might be a restock for the tielocken in navy ? I truly fell in love with it and if there will be a restock (more particularly in XS size) I would like to take it as soon as it is possible.
Thank you for your answer and keep the good work you are doing.

thatisgross

Reaction score
Does anyone mind sharing an on-body photo of the tielocken?

This incidentally is the last remaining tielocken in size M in the known universe.

It looks like this:

View attachment 1048389 View attachment 1048388 View attachment 1048387 View attachment 1048386

Hey All,

Here are some on-human photos of the tielocken. This is the charcoal color in a medium. For reference I wear mediums in most other Kelly items (the shirts fit quite fitted in the chest area on me in this size), I have a 41-ish inch chest and am around 6 feet or 6’1”. I love this coat, it is both remarkedly light and warm. It also drapes incredibly well.

654D12E5-4DBB-4598-A35B-8BF4455E7014.jpeg
06AFF226-F952-4D69-BCA6-6E3136FB2C9E.jpeg
390AC4D4-2E57-4206-852E-36EEB6BD210D.jpeg
03B720FE-2BAC-495C-9C00-AA66995A8519.jpeg

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry to quote this answer from some days ago, but do you mean that there will might be a restock for the tielocken in navy ? I truly fell in love with it and if there will be a restock (more particularly in XS size) I would like to take it as soon as it is possible.
Thank you for your answer and keep the good work you are doing.

I'm afraid we've no plans to make any more of them.

However, if one comes back my way in size XS — perhaps if another customer sends it back — then I'll be sure to let you know.

Paul

Reaction score
Hey All,

Here are some on-human photos of the tielocken. This is the charcoal color in a medium. For reference I wear mediums in most other Kelly items (the shirts fit quite fitted in the chest area on me in this size), I have a 41-ish inch chest and am around 6 feet or 6’1”. I love this coat, it is both remarkedly light and warm. It also drapes incredibly well.

View attachment 1048445 View attachment 1048446 View attachment 1048447 View attachment 1048448
Thank you for taking the time to post the fit pics, I really appreciate it! You rocked that tielocken well ;)

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
One of the most reassuring things in all our calendar is the arrival of the geelong lambswool knitwear, which without checking the actual dates, seems to arrive on schedule with metronomic precision.

The heavy crewnecks arrived at the workshop yesterday morning, and are now online.

This year, we've toned down the colours, in the sense that there are fewer different colours of yarn within one jumper. Rather than the three or four shades of years past, this time, there are just two. The blue one has three ends of dark navy yarn to one navy, and the brown one -- "molasses", as we've dubbed it -- has an extremely dark brown in a ratio of three to one to a paler brown.

crewneck-lambswool-tuck-navy-1@2x.jpg
crewneck-lambswool-tuck-brown-3.jpg
crewneck-lambswool-tuck-navy-4.jpg
crewneck-lambswool-tuck-brown-9.jpg
crewneck-lambswool-tuck-navy-6.jpg

They fit true to size, and are a little shorter than previous years.

We've also thinned the pocket-bag, just a little, to ensure there's as little bulk as possible around the belly.

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... oh, and the new v-necks, too, at https://sehkelly.com/v-neck.

Same as the cotton-linen ones from earlier in the year, these, apart from some jiggling with the weights of the various panels.

View attachment 1052456

The grey one is particularly plush.

This appears to have the same size chart as the ten-ply sweaters - should we assume they should have the same sizing as the cotton-linen ones?

Also... any plans for a six-ply crewneck this year?

Last edited:

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This appears to have the same size chart as the ten-ply sweaters - should we assume they should have the same sizing as the cotton-linen ones?

Also... any plans for a six-ply crewneck this year?

No, please don’t assume that, sir — to have the crewneck and v-neck measure the same is the greatest achievement of my year so far.

(We’ve done more rounds of development than usual to ensure this is so.)

We have a cardigan upcoming, too, but nothing else, aside from scarves and hats. Oh, and deerskin gloves, whose cuffs are also geelong and hand-framed and linked and all the rest of it.

blank_fish

Reaction score
No, please don’t assume that, sir — to have the crewneck and v-neck measure the same is the greatest achievement of my year so far.

(We’ve done more rounds of development than usual to ensure this is so.)

We have a cardigan upcoming, too, but nothing else, aside from scarves and hats. Oh, and deerskin gloves, whose cuffs are also geelong and hand-framed and linked and all the rest of it.
Can't wait to hear more about the cardigan! Been looking to get a new one for some time now.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can't wait to hear more about the cardigan! Been looking to get a new one for some time now.

For all my boasting about getting the sizing how I want it on the v-neck and crewneck, the cardigans have arrived but are a little on the small side. Thus there will be a delay until perhaps we can make a few more and get everything shipshape.

But it is a mid-grey marle — quite a few shades darker, but similar in texture, to the v-neck photograph posted above. And it has a split-sleeve, the same as e.g. our tielocken, with a set-in front and a raglan back. The front is plain-stitch and other parts, such as the under-sleeve and the pockets, are tuck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics