• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
From the day I know you and the brand, I feel like I don't make enough money ._. So many things I want here

I can't speak about the financial side of matters, but personally, what most important is your interest in our work. Your support means the world to me and Sara, it really does, and it's a pleasure to have you lot as customers.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A few folks here a few weeks ago asked after photographs of the topcoat on a warm-blooded mammal, and finally now here are a few.

I'll be adding more, both in this colour and in blue, onto the website over the next few days — including some with the coat done up, although I believe that SB coats look better undone (and usually the opposite for DB coats).

topcoat-donegal-tweed-grey-worn-2@2x.jpg
topcoat-donegal-tweed-grey-worn-4@2x.jpg
topcoat-donegal-tweed-grey-worn-1@2x.jpg
topcoat-donegal-tweed-grey-worn-3@2x.jpg

Last edited:

SirThopas

Reaction score
Just ordered my first pair of S.E.H Kelly trousers, a purchase inspired by the enthusiasm for the brand here on SF. Intrigued to learn of the company’s Pembrokeshire connection, as that’s where my family originates.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just ordered my first pair of S.E.H Kelly trousers, a purchase inspired by the enthusiasm for the brand here on SF. Intrigued to learn of the company’s Pembrokeshire connection, as that’s where my family originates.

Many thanks.

We are 50% Pembrokeshire(wo)men, it is true.

happydayz1

Reaction score
The Loch Blue looks really nice. Shows off the complexity of the underlying colours well.

Any plans to do “As Worn” pictures for the shawl cardigan to give an idea of the revised fit?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Loch Blue looks really nice. Shows off the complexity of the underlying colours well.

Any plans to do “As Worn” pictures for the shawl cardigan to give an idea of the revised fit?

Yessir!

Next week for the shawl cardigan, all being well.

Glad you like the loch blue. It is certainly one of those materials that merits close inspection, but one of the reasons why we chose it for the topcoat is that, at least from afar, it appears fairly plain and understated.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's the latest on the Ulster we've been working on, made with this year's batch of Herdwick tweed.

ulster-herdwick-stand-factory-1@2x.jpg
ulster-herdwick-stand-factory-3@2x.jpg
ulster-herdwick-stand-factory-2s@2x.jpg

It is the same as https://sehkel.ly/loh, but it is remarkable, really, how the Herdwick tweed makes the coat positively bristle with life, such that I had a little chuckle to myself when the first of the coats came off the line, and even the very sober and serious machinist showed a half smile.

mralexbrock

Reaction score
Hi Paul,

I received one of the Balmacaans some time ago but had to unfortunately return it due to the thickness of material...I unfortunately run abnormally hot as a human.

A question: The new Ulster is a very handsome coat, I think, at 28oz - digging through some of the archived pages it seems like you may have alluded to the Ulster in some new, slightly lighter weight tweeds (potentially Donegal?) next year?

As ever, all the question marks...

AB

Last edited:

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Paul,

I received one of the Balmacaans some time ago but had to, unfortunately, return it due to the thickness of the material (I run abnormally hot as a human).

Two questions. The new Ulster is a very handsome coat - the material... is it the same thickness as the Balmacaans? Digging through some of the archived pages it seems like you may have alluded to the Ulster in some new, slightly lighter weight tweeds (potentially Donegal?) next year... would those be lighter weight potentially?

Secondly, the Ulster that I saw on the IG feed is a light grey - are there any other colourways popping up?

As ever,

AB

The cloth is very thick. It's actually quite similar to the Donegal tweed in the respect that it is thick and chunky, but a comparatively open weave, so lighter than one might expect. But it differs in the yarn: this is much hairier and nowhere near as soft on the skin as the Donegal — to be expected, as this is Herdwick and the latter is merino.

There are two colours in the Ulster: a lighter one (similar to https://www.sehkelly.com/shop/coats/duffle-coat/duffle-coat-in-herdwick-tweed-in-light-sheep/) and a darker one (similar to https://sehkel.ly/5hg). The two colours are from the sorting of the yarn, from the sheep, into two broad shades.

We haven't thought about next year, yet, sorry!

Noah Fleming

Reaction score
Hey Paul, I recently came across a beautiful SB3 in air-weave cotton in olive. I was wondering if you know whether matching pants were ever released, and whether any of the pants that you currently sell would be a good match for it?
Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt