• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KeeperEUSC

Reaction score
Paul, will there be new balmacaans hitting the shop before this winter? Trying to test my limits on how much outerwear I can get away with buying this year.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Paul. What do you have in store for the popover this Falls?

In fact, sir, yes — we have very firm plans to *not* do anything with the popover this fall!

Although there is nothing in place yet to fill the void it will leave, I plan for the popover to segue into being an exclusively spring-summer (and short-sleeved) item.

And to fill the gap one day, next year or the one after, will be the mildly revamped field shirt, and one or possibly two other new mid-layer designs squarely in same realm of "nearly but not quite a shirt / overshirt" which the popover currently occupies.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We've just released these: the dress trousers in cotton cavalry twill. As ever, we can't help ourselves — we are incorrigible tweakers for both good and ill — and have made a few tweaks to the shape of the trousers and to the positioning of the pleats.

The cloth suits them very well. I am uneasy around diagonal lines but have made an exception in this instance.

And we will likely revisit the field jacket in the same cloth, maybe the same colours, next year, too.

dress-trousers-cotton-cavalry-twill-olive-10s@2x.jpg

dress-trousers-cotton-cavalry-twill-olive-11s@2x.jpg

dress-trousers-cotton-cavalry-twill-stone-7s@2x.jpg

dress-trousers-cotton-cavalry-twill-stone-9s@2x.jpg

dress-trousers-cotton-cavalry-twill-olive-14s@2x.jpg

dress-trousers-cotton-cavalry-twill-stone-14s@2x.jpg

dress-trousers-cotton-cavalry-twill-stone-3s@2x.jpg

dress-trousers-cotton-cavalry-twill-olive-9s@2x.jpg

dress-trousers-cotton-cavalry-twill-stone-5s@2x.jpg

dress-trousers-cotton-cavalry-twill-stone-2s@2x.jpg

dress-trousers-cotton-cavalry-twill-stone-15s@2x.jpg

dress-trousers-cotton-cavalry-twill-olive-4s@2x.jpg

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Paul, just saw your new INS post about the hunting jacket.

I am wondering if this is the same as the one you posted a while ago? The color looks similar but the second one seems to be bi-color (dark green and a darker green)

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I am surprised that the prototype was made by “scrap cloth”, to me it looks really good, in some way maybe look better than the official product.

Would you be able to tell us what price range it’s falling in?

Also, is there a plan to release the duffle coat in light sheep again this year?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks, I am surprised that the prototype was made by “scrap cloth”, to me it looks really good, in some way maybe look better than the official product.

Would you be able to tell us what price range it’s falling in?

Also, is there a plan to release the duffle coat in light sheep again this year?

We just use what we have to hand to make prototypes, as it is for testing the viability of the pattern and the design rather than its applicability to specific colours.

The price has not yet been set but probably similar to the topcoat or peacoat.

The duffle coat isn't coming back in the sheep cloth again, sorry. The duffle coat is coming back in melton (dark navy and camel) and the sheep cloth (the Herdwick tweed) will be used for a new style known as the Ulster.

easy1uckyfree

Reaction score
Are there plans to make the dress trousers in wool again this year?

Also maybe this is an absurd question, but how do you feel about pants with belt loops?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are there plans to make the dress trousers in wool again this year?

Also maybe this is an absurd question, but how do you feel about pants with belt loops?

Certainly, yes — the dress trousers will come back in a couple of new, different colours of the "motley flannel" (https://www.sehkelly.com/dress-trousers-in-motley-flannel-in-peat-brown/) next month.

I like trousers with belt loops probably as much as the next man! I wouldn't say I have any particularly strong feelings, however. Why you ask?

easy1uckyfree

Reaction score
I was asking because none of the pants you make are designed to be worn with a belt, so I was wondering if maybe you don't like that style!

icasio

Supporting Member
Reaction score

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I would love to see/own a pair of SEH trousers with belt loops.

I shouldn't think we'll ever do them — no time in the foreseeable, anyway, sorry!

I really like the design challenge of self-adjustment mechanisms, like belts and tabs and suchlike.

Never say never, of course.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix