• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was asking because none of the pants you make are designed to be worn with a belt, so I was wondering if maybe you don't like that style!

Gotcha!

We try to build interesting adjustment features into the design of the trousers, with the side-adjusters on the field trousers or rear belt on the work trousers, for instance. You can have both, of course, but I've never been a "belt and braces" guy (to employ a metaphor that's actually a bit confusing in this context).

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We'll hopefully have some photos thus in 2-3 weeks.

Those 2-3 weeks flew by!

hunt-worn-1i@2x.jpg

There are actually two different colours of the jacket. This is the lighter of the two. The darker one has the same colour cotton upper section, but the woollen parts are a few shades darker, and almost fully tonal with the cotton.

RozenKristal

Reaction score
I wonder if i can wear a flannel sportcoat with the dress trousers 🤔

Also, the calico shirt reminds me of ocbd, do you plan on making anything like that in different fabrics, or colors?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I wonder if i can wear a flannel sportcoat with the dress trousers 🤔

Also, the calico shirt reminds me of ocbd, do you plan on making anything like that in different fabrics, or colors?

We have been working on a new button-down collar for our shirts, which will hopefully debut later in the year or perhaps early next. The calico is much less supple than oxford cotton cloth so it's not terribly well-suited a button-down collar, however, where a nice collar roll is key. Thus it might transpire we use a different type of cloth for the button-down, such as a fine linen or needlecord.

And I should think the dress trousers are suited well to being worn with a flannel jacket. They're quite a formal design, and the recent cotton cavalry twill version in particular has quite a smart look about it.

RozenKristal

Reaction score
We have been working on a new button-down collar for our shirts, which will hopefully debut later in the year or perhaps early next. The calico is much less supple than oxford cotton cloth so it's not terribly well-suited a button-down collar, however, where a nice collar roll is key. Thus it might transpire we use a different type of cloth for the button-down, such as a fine linen or needlecord.

And I should think the dress trousers are suited well to being worn with a flannel jacket. They're quite a formal design, and the recent cotton cavalry twill version in particular has quite a smart look about it.
I look forward to those button down.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What trousers are in the pipeline for A/W? The new work trouser mode is greatl so anything in that vein would be lovely.

As well as more work trousers, we also have the field trousers in heavy moleskin and motley tweed, and the dress trousers in cotton sail-cloth and motley flannel (the softer and more slinky of the two motleys).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix