• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DanielPicktonAllen

Reaction score
Think I have my decision!

Do you have any idea how the topcoat will fit vis a vis your other items? I don’t know if I’ll need a medium or a large.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Think I have my decision!

Do you have any idea how the topcoat will fit vis a vis your other items? I don’t know if I’ll need a medium or a large.

Which styles in particular? It fits true to size and personally couldn't countenance any size other than my usual (M).

DanielPicktonAllen

Reaction score
Which styles in particular? It fits true to size and personally couldn't countenance any size other than my usual (M).
Peacoat, Duffle, trucker all In L

But my popover and balmacaan were M

And I think I’ll likely go with blue

I’d likely wear it over a T-shirt and a jumper (not as thick as your big ones though)

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Peacoat, Duffle, trucker all In L

But my popover and balmacaan were M

And I think I’ll likely go with blue

I’d likely wear it over a T-shirt and a jumper (not as thick as your big ones though)

Hmm. Perhaps best to wait until the measurements are online. I wear size M in all the above (the popover is always a little loose, such is its design, and the trucker is a bit snug, also such is its design) so I'm not immediately sure what to recommend.

The cloth we're using is thicker than the previously made sample, too, which might have its own effect on how it feels on the body.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We had a spate of camera- and then workshop-related issues for a period, a few months back, and a bunch of new releases around that time (the fishing jacket, the hunting jacket, especially) didn't get their due behind the lens.

Making amends, here's the fishing jacket on a real life, real live, human being man.

fishing-jacket-cotton-cambric-garnet-worn-3s@2x.jpg
fishing-jacket-cotton-cambric-dark-navy-worn-4s@2x.jpg
fishing-jacket-cotton-cambric-dark-navy-worn-2s@2x.jpg
fishing-jacket-cotton-cambric-dark-navy-worn-1s@2x.jpg
fishing-jacket-cotton-cambric-garnet-worn-2s@2x.jpg
fishing-jacket-cotton-cambric-garnet-worn-1@2x.jpg

At the time I was somewhat unsure about the use of corduroy for the collar. Not because I didn't think it wouldn't look or feel nice, or not make sense within the context of an outdoors-type jacket, but because I thought it cause the design to "date" more than a collar in self. However, I've come around to it, and the doubts are allayed. In fact, the duster is coming back in the autumn and I think perhaps it'll get the same treatment!

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We've had a pretty solid run of wet weather and the duster is still my go to for dog walks in sideways rain. I know they are in the pipeline again and I'd fully recommend it, just looks better and better with wear as well.

That's so good to see.

It's always a little surreal to see our garments being worn in real world settings, even after all these years. And it looks like the coat has taken a pummelling, at least on that particular day.

The duster is indeed coming back in a few months. We've made it longer, more generous in the sleeves, and the front is slightly different. Plus it now comes with a hood!

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We've had a pretty solid run of wet weather and the duster is still my go to for dog walks in sideways rain. I know they are in the pipeline again and I'd fully recommend it, just looks better and better with wear as well.

AIL4fc8HYIqJIg2FcPAkUQTaLivkim_Nox8SbohRqBaNHGcr7IvFxvcog_58l9nHYsixjz7zByjG59ImjmPlGdh4PYqL9m3OmYsC-4EXNjmE2fcp_O8r0cs1PzpD6mGjtf48bmNp8AZkB4aANq_X1yZjVV5Ewgeo8oCrORxAzlML5TB9AyBLThFruPXyokXd1N3IjOtyYcidzD7_0zlBeKmMGJhkg_fLdbm9KY40Lf1e1y3ggx9tA-4cy_eWAHSp8DvsL6YESJi1LlFr902g7UAWO2BMXaUOh0EGE3Dq2EtnvgaK8ACvlCFM8WsmeN0s1jvyVYrFf5kMy4ITcIxAmbypc5impC1-SLfgYLCCUVgJZxWcNuCWWjRYgwtJKhdn_Q-lt_IgNBMz4M-Jo-PqBzX6w6TbeCJUTeif5wyy_NwZ5JEE_mHJBgxqpDVSK9ImEk-JfpEp-0fhIOmCgKMahe_TxqaujswaCfsSPD6aPWm3FdRiSqFDHt8loyBq0aalhTENYfTBq93AH65XIB_sQxzxCKC2Y8QAMM6XMIOOB3DMW1J7XRfnc_yRMTIuE_6gGmmXoY_eqjfNbnOQ0uHQBtibHVbeO-TqNI9SGbExkcuwuOTB1MHk1VP1edS0ouM0FO5gVfkbCHudo_Q6UL5L_9EZShQePZP95AUO7KhggFf46IWaCvrpj2ZDS_6OSxrpipts55EyPq5onRjqFwL2iQ1VNEuVmxaRreb3WZyWT42FtYz063S3TI9RrDBd9zX95pmNXxLekEn8s2RovT9-MD8raiMYBUJ0jHvqJnbcjHe1uZE_kQdwTjJTd5jxLifmMLqYEzGBTbLNY9fhoBcxiJhzCRWsOQn55V3ODwJhMPu_d9ENIyBXZGb0pmigD9Y9gMoJDToOGEyzJ5vJ7kIkbUWqQ7U=w878-h1170-s-no
Can’t see it!

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Re-uploaded, no idea why it disappeared.

I can't see the image anymore, but the alt text could be something like ...

Behold, before your eyes unfolds a captivating tapestry that centres on a singular, weather-beaten coat, a visual narrative emblematic of the human spirit's triumphant resistance against nature's relentless onslaught. Poised amidst the resplendent expanse of a pastoral field, a rugged man and his loyal canine companion emerge as stoic protagonists amidst this awe-inspiring saga.

The centrepiece of this evocative tableau, a long, weatherproof coat of profound character, commands attention and awe in equal measure. Once a pristine emblem of protection, it now bears the profound marks of a life well-lived, each stain and smudge embodying the manifold ordeals that its wearer has weathered in the crucible of existence. Muddy streaks, emblematic of hard-fought battles against the vagaries of the elements, create a melange of earthy hues upon the coat's surface, an intricate tapestry of experience woven into the very fabric of its being.

The verdant blades of grass beneath, bearing witness to countless footsteps traversing the terrain, seem almost envious as they peer through the garment's faded veneer, testament to the unyielding bond shared between the man and his enduring coat. This garment, now an inextricable extension of the man's identity, encapsulates both a shield against the inclement forces of nature and a witness to the indomitable spirit that has forged an indissoluble connection with the elements.

The coat's once-vibrant hue, now dimmed by raindrops that linger as glistening pearls upon its surface, serves as a poignant reminder of the relentless dance between man and nature. It is a coat that has endured tempests and torrential rains, mirroring the trials and tribulations that life inexorably presents.

Its lengthy silhouette, adorned with the enduring emblem of resilience, shields the man from the capricious whims of the elements, acting as a sentinel that guards against the onslaught of raindrops descending like teardrops from the heavens. This protective cocoon enfolds the wearer in a cloak of fortitude, a tactile testament to the innate human capacity to weather storms both within and without.

Yet, beneath the rugged exterior, one can almost discern the vestiges of an unyielding spirit that refuses to be subdued by the torrential downpour. Each wrinkle, each crease that adorns the coat's surface, echoes the manifold experiences etched into the very fibres of this durable outerwear. Each weathered fold narrates tales of resilience, the manifold moments of steadfastness amidst life's relentless tempests.

In this grand symphony of human tenacity and nature's unyielding force, the coat emerges as an iconic protagonist, an artifact of valour and determination, a tangible testament to the enduring spirit that unites man and his environment. As the man stands alongside his devoted canine companion, both clothed in their respective coats of fidelity, the overarching narrative of companionship and perseverance comes to life, an exquisite ode to the timeless bond between man, his loyal four-legged companion, and the ever-changing canvas of nature's majestic theatre.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52