• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roy's Jeans - Single Man Made

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Roy straight leg in 33. What size should I get in these ? Is the shrinking similar or do I need to size up/down ?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Still holding out for the slim fit model in selvage duck fabric...
you, and at least 158 people from superdenim. If Roy ever decides to do a full run of anything in Cone Duck it'll be gone the second the internets get word of it.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
you, and at least 158 people from superdenim. If Roy ever decides to do a full run of anything in Cone Duck it'll be gone the second the internets get word of it.
That's the same fabric Mauro used and then LVC, too, right?

Lucifer

Reaction score
Spoiled americans, an ordinary Levi Strauss costs 200-300 USD over here
frown.gif
$275 for quality, handmade jeans is like a dream.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
That's the same fabric Mauro used and then LVC, too, right?
Yes, I think so. I know Roy made a one-off pair and people have been ashking about him not making more since. I think Left Field uses the Cone Duck aslo.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
ROY - The SE-DUCK Pants

Roy's newest creation is a pant made of a selvedge cotton duck fabric woven by Cone Mills in North Carolina. The fabric is a medium weight duck with a black selvedge id.

The details he's included on this pant are quite amazing and he's gone a bit over the top with the pocket bag design. The pant doesn't have a coin pocket on the outside so he's put it on the outside of the inner pocket bag. Multiple thread shades and gauges are used through-out the pant and even utilizing the selvedge edge of the pocket bag material.

Here's a short video of Roy explaining the construction of the pocket bags:

Shop for Roy's Things at Self Edge Online

These will be available for sale at all three Self Edge stores on Saturday August 20th at noon (local time) and at 10am (PDT) the same day via the online store. Check the online store for hi-res photos, spec list, measurements, and more. Jeans are being modeled by Roy Slaper. 75 pairs total.

ROY_SE_DUCK_01.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_04.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_07.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_08.jpg
ROY_SE_DUCK_09.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_11.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_012.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_013.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_014.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_015.jpg

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Also, that guy's downright surgical with a chainstitch machine.

Cue the obnoxious questions:

Size 30-bordering-on-29 in both SExSC06 and SExDBxSxS.

Sizing on these, on the off to very off-chance I manage to snag a pair?

Can't believe I randomly clicked on this thread when I haven't visited it for months, only to find that Roy's making the pants that I wanted to buy. Some would say it's fate; I would say it's pure coincidence.

edit: Damn, just looked at the measurement chart. 30's the smallest size, it's sanforized fabric, and the waist is 32" pre-stretch? Don't think that's gonna work for me.

Last edited:

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Both of you guys should be good with a size 30, the jeans don't run big in the legs, they're a slim straight jean.

Thinking of getting them, would it just be totally killer to the cloth to hot soak and then tumble dry them for max shrinkage?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thinking of getting them, would it just be totally killer to the cloth to hot soak and then tumble dry them for max shrinkage?

Nope, we did that to a pair and it actually gave them a nice deep color, it won't hurt the fabric in any way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads