• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMG_1595.JPG

Does anybody want a pair of last summers tencel duster trousers?
I have navy and grey, I haven't ever worn the grey pair. I was going to cut the ribbed hem off the grey but theyight just be too cropped if I do that so I figured I'd see if anybody wants them before i mutilate them.

ghel

Reaction score
View attachment 804867

I have navy and grey, I haven't ever worn the grey pair. I was going to cut the ribbed hem off the grey but theyight just be too cropped if I do that so I figured I'd see if anybody wants them before i mutilate them.
What makes you want to sell them? Just not enough wear even for the navy?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@ghel
It's not that I necessarily want to sell them, I wear the navy quite a lot actually.
But I haven't ever worn the grey and since I'm contemplating giving the grey ones a raw hem I figured it would be worth checking to see if somebody here had wanted a pair intact before I cut them.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 804867

What size? I'm trying to unload my size 48 in grey, as I got too fat apparently

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those velcros look a lot easier to pull off / less streetwear-y than I anticipated. I love the way the inside (with the zipper) looks. Whether I'll have any interest in wearing velcro-strapped high tops two or three years from now is another question entirely, but I definitely didn't give them enough of a fair shake at first. I definitely like them better than Margiela's take, and probably even better than Raf's, not that they're that similar to Raf.

Unless I get those, though, this will be the first season in a while I haven't bought or even wanted any Geller. The cuts on everything are getting too oversized / broad for me to even consider anymore. Great stuff, just not for me.

keanswon

Reaction score
View attachment 804867

I wanted the grey but 44 was too difficult to track down for me to care. I wouldn't cut the ribbed hem; the hem probably provides some weight and structure that make the pleated tencel fall nicely.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wanted the grey but 44 was too difficult to track down for me to care. I wouldn't cut the ribbed hem; the hem probably provides some weight and structure that make the pleated tencel fall nicely.

True, but I was thinking a double hem would add weight back to it, although based off trying them on and just folding the cuff I was thinking they would be too short without the ribbing, so double hemming would definitely make them too short.

****, they are dope. I don't really know why I haven't worn the grey. I just always pull out the navy ones when I want to wear a pair.
Also for anybody interested they do go really well with the velcros...

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea sizing with Geller is all over the place. I stopped buying his tees because they run too slim in my usual size while some of his shirts run oversized for the same season.

Then shirts I have from a few seasons ago were too slim for me in my usual size. I'm really considering getting the floral cupro shirt but will probably size down

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads