• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrifted some RMWs for a fiver yesterday. Are these craftsmans? They have a different toe box to my craftsmans...
196AC82C-59D5-4162-BA34-0DCF4199599C.jpeg
4BBE1B9E-2AF7-4E48-B610-53A9D4B29888.jpeg
BFE7BE86-491B-4439-90AB-4BE4F01F7026.jpeg

Hamish G

Reaction score
I just got a pair of boots back from repairs and apparently RMW have changed the foam used in the comfort craftsman. It's now blue and a hell of lot softer. Anyone else noticed this?
20190704_175801.jpg

Jykaes

Reaction score
Signing up (From Reddit) to say I have a 5/19 with the blue edge comfort as well. Having said that, I had a white edged 4/17 I barely wore (Maybe 10ish times) and recently sold which to be honest felt exactly as comfortable as my new pair, and looking at a reference image the thickness of the base and foam layer appear to be the same.

It could just be that over time the comfort insole wears out/compresses and feels less comfortable than a brand new pair?

Oh, and by the way, not sure why the inner lining wasn't the full way into the boot. They were new direct from RM's website in a member's only secret sale, in wheat nubuck. Never seen another pair without the full inner lining.

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Oh, and by the way, not sure why the inner lining wasn't the full way into the boot. They were new direct from RM's website in a member's only secret sale, in wheat nubuck. Never seen another pair without the full inner lining.

Rm cutting costs? If they were made for the memebers sale I wouldn’t be surprised if they were made cheaper anyway.

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Rm will behaving a price increase in uk very soon, not sure by how much, but I know one shop will be updating the prices online this evening

Edit: been told prices are going from £350 to £375 on the crasfmans

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rm will behaving a price increase in uk very soon, not sure by how much, but I know one shop will be updating the prices online this evening

Edit: been told prices are going from £350 to £375 on the crasfmans

Ridiculous

Jason Kadushin

Reaction score

Cracking price and most sizes left, I MAY have treat myself to a pair!

Other models on their, mine are being dispatched today and they confirmed that price include import duty.

I tried to place an order for two boots. when I put in a US address it immediately flips to USD and shows sale price of 170GBP becoming $495USD. That's not the correct conversion so I contacted their chat CS and apparently RMW has a restriction on the sale price. if you try to ship to US you pay full price....

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I tried to place an order for two boots. when I put in a US address it immediately flips to USD and shows sale price of 170GBP becoming $495USD. That's not the correct conversion so I contacted their chat CS and apparently RMW has a restriction on the sale price. if you try to ship to US you pay full price....
That’s a low move! Aren’t they based in Canada? Maybe a Canadian brother can act as a middle man?

Strangely that price included duty to the UK which is usually 20 per cent on top plus collection fees. I did ask before ordering if that was correct and was told it was and in fact it was! Came within two days.

Usually sites have a note highlighting restrictions. I have heard of it previously.

ShouldHaveStayedHome

Reaction score

I've had a couple of pairs with 1/4 lining rather than the full lining. They were older pairs though. Only difference was they seemed to wear in a bit better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads