• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chinchillas today:

20201105_chinchillas.jpg

cristianivc

Reaction score
Help!! I got a baby lotion stain on my suede RM Williams ?.
any idea how can I remove it without ruining the boots??

Attachments

• 6B123558-51BE-4D6C-AC04-80B9B53719ED.jpeg
    6B123558-51BE-4D6C-AC04-80B9B53719ED.jpeg
    425.1 KB · Views: 292
  • C97401D4-C874-4948-A42B-F5BF6FA52CDB.jpeg
    C97401D4-C874-4948-A42B-F5BF6FA52CDB.jpeg
    426.7 KB · Views: 390

Goofy

Reaction score
In order to remove those stains you’ll need to treat both boots with saddle soap or a product like saphir omninettoyant cleaner. Perhaps even several times. It’s the only way to ensure total removal of the stain plus consistent coloring all over. Bummer. Good luck.

cristianivc

Reaction score
In order to remove those stains you’ll need to treat both boots with saddle soap or a product like saphir omninettoyant cleaner. Perhaps even several times. It’s the only way to ensure total removal of the stain plus consistent coloring all over. Bummer. Good luck.

thanks for the reply.
what should I use for the coloring?

Has anyone tried the RM Williams suede cleaner?? Should it do the work?

Goofy

Reaction score
thanks for the reply.
what should I use for the coloring?

Has anyone tried the RM Williams suede cleaner?? Should it do the work?
You could use a product like Saphir renovateur suede nubuck spray to restore coloring once the stain has been removed.

ctttt777

Reaction score
Anyone found the suede comfort craftsman (synthetic in-sole and outsole) not breathe well? My feet got quite smelly after 8-hour wearing, which never happened to my other shoes before. Might because of the waterproof spray?

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wait before soaping the whole thing!!! There's a high chance you'll wreck the suede to an unrecoverable degree.

Try the following things first:

- take them off, put in shoe trees, sprinkle talc or baking soda/powder on the oil stain liberally (do not rub in), let sit for 48hours, blow/brush powder off

- if that doesn't work, use a light suede cleaner and a brush to raise the nep and clean the area

*the stain should be a lot lighter now*

If you're unsatisfied and want to pursue further action, you can clean both shoes fully with saddle soap

*if you're still unhappy and want to refinish, I would recommend either:*

- waxing or oiling the shoes to get an oiled suede look (this will darken the suede but is a super cool look anyway)

- dyeing the shoes a darker color (this may not cover up the oil spot completely either)

LLet me know what happens, and feel free to join us in the Shoe Care Thread for more tips and info.

cristianivc

Reaction score
Wait before soaping the whole thing!!! There's a high chance you'll wreck the suede to an unrecoverable degree.

Try the following things first:

- take them off, put in shoe trees, sprinkle talc or baking soda/powder on the oil stain liberally (do not rub in), let sit for 48hours, blow/brush powder off

- if that doesn't work, use a light suede cleaner and a brush to raise the nep and clean the area

*the stain should be a lot lighter now*

If you're unsatisfied and want to pursue further action, you can clean both shoes fully with saddle soap

*if you're still unhappy and want to refinish, I would recommend either:*

- waxing or oiling the shoes to get an oiled suede look (this will darken the suede but is a super cool look anyway)

- dyeing the shoes a darker color (this may not cover up the oil spot completely either)

LLet me know what happens, and feel free to join us in the Shoe Care Thread for more tips and info.

Thanks for the help

I just posted it in the shoe care thread.

I did use the baking powder but just for 2 hours, I guess I’ll try for 48 hour now, as it didn’t improve that much with 2 hours.
I also did clean both boots with Jason markk shoe cleanser and it got a little better. Should I try a better cleanser or just give it another wash with the Jason markk?
I don’t mind a little distressed look, so I don’t think I’ll go as far as dying or waxing the boots. But definitely I’ll try to get rid of the stain as much as possible without changing the colour of the suede.
I’ll start with a longer period with the baking powder and see after that.

Liam0062

Reaction score
I just received my Comfort Craftsman’s in black. I needed a good boot for upstate New York’s winters. I ordered over the phone from Clay at the NYC store. Clay was amazing and answered all my questions. Awesome customer service.

I did extensive research on several brand’s prior to my purchase and read most of the posts on this thread. I wear an 8 1/2 D in most AE shoes and got the 7 1/2 GCF 9/19. Assume that means they were made in Sept ‘19. Put them on and were immediately in love with the way they feel. The hype is well founded. I am blown away by the craftsmanship. These may be the most comfortable piece of footwear I have ever owned. I will be ordering another pair in the near future.

Attachments

• 9374B50B-0BA9-44E5-8EEA-7B7D0C33D590.jpeg
    9374B50B-0BA9-44E5-8EEA-7B7D0C33D590.jpeg
    347.4 KB · Views: 340
  • 10C65C66-37FE-4D86-8051-CA1C66950C9E.jpeg
    10C65C66-37FE-4D86-8051-CA1C66950C9E.jpeg
    370.6 KB · Views: 343

basstoyourface

Reaction score
Hi all,

We only have one store in town that sells the CC. They're an Equestrian store that exoanded into leather footwear, cowboy boots, Canada West, 2 models of Red Wings & these CCs. They had them for 694 CAD and must've had 20 boxes on display all covered in dust. Tells you what kind of market we have in town.

Anyway, went last week and pleased to see most stock no longer there, but price tag remains. They only had a 10G which I tried. Length is good, but wide. I snagged a mint CC one which arrived yesterday for a hundred bucks in 9.5G. The ONLy model nearby to try, was worth the gamble.

Anyway, it's also wide. But because of that, though the length could be fine if a lace up, I'm sliding forward mashing into toe box. My other chelseas have a far lower heel & none of this 7mm insole, so while they're actually slimmer than the RMs, I don't slide forward in those, as I'm held back securely.

So question is. 10F, or maybe even 10E? I do prefer a slim profile in width & the extra mms at the front may not exist in a 9.5F or E?

I wear 10D RWs, 10E / 10.5C AEs.

Appreciate insight.

Anyone in Canada got any of these sizes you'd wanna sell, or at least help me with direct sizing input?

Attachments

• 20201118_190603.jpg
    20201118_190603.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 315
  • 20201119_070850.jpg
    20201119_070850.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 287
  • 20201119_070638.jpg
    20201119_070638.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 302
  • 20201119_070645.jpg
    20201119_070645.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 326

Liam0062

Reaction score
I just received my Comfort Craftsman’s in black. I needed a good boot for upstate New York’s winters. I ordered over the phone from Clay at the NYC store. Clay was amazing and answered all my questions. Awesome customer service.

I did extensive research on several brand’s prior to my purchase and read most of the posts on this thread. I wear an 8 1/2 D in most AE shoes and got the 7 1/2 GCF 9/19. Assume that means they were made in Sept ‘19. Put them on and were immediately in love with the way they feel. The hype is well founded. I am blown away by the craftsmanship. These may be the most comfortable piece of footwear I have ever owned. I will be ordering another pair in the near future.

Sizing Update:
For those wondering about sizing, I had Clay ship me the same CC but in 7 1/2 F. I am glad I did because although the 7 1/2 G fit fine, I felt it was a tad bit loose. The narrower boot really fits like a glove and is really comfortable.

basstoyourface

Reaction score
Sizing .although the 7 1/2 G fit fine, I felt it was a tad bit loose...
Hi, what's the actual width difference between the F & G. Is it all the way slimmer from heel cup to toe box? About 1mm or 2..3..? mms narrower you figure?

Do you feel the F at all shorter?

Would you think of ever trying E?

Liam0062

Reaction score
Hi, what's the actual width difference between the F & G. Is it all the way slimmer from heel cup to toe box? About 1mm or 2..3..? mms narrower you figure?

Do you feel the F at all shorter?

Would you think of ever trying E?

As far as the actual measurement, I can’t tell you, but that may be elsewhere on this forum or on the RM Williams website. You may be on with 1 or 2mm.

It feels tighter all they way through the boot. With the G, I had a slight heel lift, and had ever so slight side to side room. With the F, there is no heel lift and over all it just feels snug.

I would not want it any more narrow.

I have 3 pairs of Allen Edmonds boots and probably 12 pairs of their shoes. All are 8 1/2 D. All are really nice, but the RMW‘s fit, feel and quality are Top Notch!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads