• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quite pleased really. Fit is great for me and I like the leather. I orders a custom size of then kangaroo buckle boots too. They aren't supposed to be ready until February assuming they are ready at all with the apparent MTO shakeup.

milw50717

Reaction score

I can confirm that I got a VAT refund on my order from Cloggs (shipped to the US).

What was the process to get the VAT refund from Cloggs in the US?  Planning to order some Gardeners if the process is fairly painless.

I'd be interested too as their FAQ explicitly states there are no refunds.

All total prices for goods and services at the checkout represent the total price payable by the customer for those items, regardless of the address for delivery. For deliveries to the EU, this price includes VAT (or VAT equivalent) at the current rate. Although this price is the same for deliveries outside the EU, where VAT (or VAT equivalent) may not be applicable, customers are not entitled to any discount or refund to account for the differences in tax treatment and will pay the same price for the item as a customer placing an order for delivery to the EU. Other components of the total price at the checkout, including delivery charge, may vary for each customer.

All transactions will be subject to UK VAT. You are advised to place orders with a shipping destination outside of the EU using the available shipping options (which also operate within some non-EU territories e.g. Jersey & Guernsey – VAT-free zones outside of normal UK and CE trade tariffs); in doing so you agree to accept the VAT levied against your purchase.

calql8er

Reaction score
Hey all, I am a first time prospective RM Williams boots buyer and was hoping for some advice on sizing. I am Brannock 11.5B, so I have a rather narrow foot. I take it that makes my length in RMW boots 10.5(not sure) but I am more worried about the width. It seems a US "C" converts to their "F" width. I'm planning on getting the Macquarie in yearling and the first page of this ongoing thread says that going up a width with the thicker yearling leather isn't a bad idea. Thoughts? I can't really afford to be wrong on sizing these boots as they are MTO. Would greatly appreciate any thoughts or suggestion any of you might have, thanks.

milw50717

Reaction score

Hey all, I am a first time prospective RM Williams boots buyer and was hoping for some advice on sizing. I am Brannock 11.5B, so I have a rather narrow foot. I take it that makes my length in RMW boots 10.5(not sure) but I am more worried about the width. It seems a US "C" converts to their "F" width. I'm planning on getting the Macquarie in yearling and the first page of this ongoing thread says that going up a width with the thicker yearling leather isn't a bad idea. Thoughts? I can't really afford to be wrong on sizing these boots as they are MTO. Would greatly appreciate any thoughts or suggestion any of you might have, thanks.

Have a look at the sizing guide and measure your foot - http://www.rmwilliams.com.au/buyer-s-guide:-men-s-boots/mens_boots_buyers_guide.html?lang=en_AU

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@calql8er That's good advice. That got me pretty close to knowing my size.

I'm an 11/11.5D, a little on the wide side. Foot length measures about 285/6 cm and around the ball about 275 cm.

I found that 10.5G in the Classic Turnout works well for me. As I understand it, that's got a roomier toe box than than the chisel toe models (I tried on a 11G in one of those and it worked for width, but was clearly a half size too long for me). So I'm pretty sure I'm a 10.5H in those models.

So the sizing chart was just about right. Technically my ball measurement is a little big for the 10.5G Classic Turnout compared to the chart, but using the try on as a reference and talking with the retailer where I placed my order, I got the size right it seems.

Make sure you measure the ball at the right place. I found it to be a little tricky. Best measurement form advice I've gotten is straight across the foot from the joint where the little toe joins the foot to just behind the ball of the foot on the other side.

Not sure about sizing for the various leathers. Too new to the brand to know about that.

calql8er

Reaction score

Thanks, I did that and it seems the 10.5F will do just fine. The length was pretty much spot on and the width only exceeds my foot by 7mm so it shouldn't be a problem. I was also using thin socks when measuring so that means I can wear thicker ones with them too most likely.

@calql8er That's good advice. That got me pretty close to knowing my size.

I'm an 11/11.5D, a little on the wide side. Foot length measures about 285/6 cm and around the ball about 275 cm.

I found that 10.5G in the Classic Turnout works well for me. As I understand it, that's got a roomier toe box than than the chisel toe models (I tried on a 11G in one of those and it worked for width, but was clearly a half size too long for me). So I'm pretty sure I'm a 10.5H in those models.

So the sizing chart was just about right. Technically my ball measurement is a little big for the 10.5G Classic Turnout compared to the chart, but using the try on as a reference and talking with the retailer where I placed my order, I got the size right it seems.

Make sure you measure the ball at the right place. I found it to be a little tricky. Best measurement form advice I've gotten is straight across the foot from the joint where the little toe joins the foot to just behind the ball of the foot on the other side.

Not sure about sizing for the various leathers. Too new to the brand to know about that.

Thanks for the measurement suggestion, that worked quite well. Now that I'm sure about my sizing I will be ordering soon. So excited! Hope it will all be worth the headache it took to figure out the sizing for these.

Jason Kadushin

Reaction score
I finally feel like I can give back to the SF community - bc I actually have some experience here! I am a 12.5C on the brannock and can wear a range of size / widths combos. I wear a 13B in AE (strand), a 12A in Alden Van (I have a very narrow heel), a 12C in Vintage Florsheim, and 12C or 12.5B in Barrie/TB with Alden. I used the RMW size guidelines, which are quite good, and some months ago I ordered a 11.5E (like a B US - though not exact). In a Turnout in this width its basically a Macq. Long story short, they were too tight in the toe box but fight super well in the heel. I went back to the drawing board and ordered an 11.5F, the toebox fits great and the heel is tough loose so I throw an insole in it and fits perfect all around.

A couple things to consider/know. The Macq is quite sleek and narrow - I would consider this only for use as a "dress boot" - as well to me the toe box is very narrow. If I had stayed at the E width I probably would have gone up 1/2 size - that's just me and I measure a C. Lastly, I wouldn't realy call the yearling a "thick" leather. Its certainly thicker than Ostrich or Kangaroo but I find it to be of average thickness - not as thick as say CXL, not as thin as unlined suede but rather average in thickness. I wouldn't change my size based on this leather personally. I sold my E boots on ebay about 6 weeks ago. If you want to see the pics - PM me and I'll shoot them over - you can see the narrowness of the toe box quite well.

calql8er

Reaction score

I finally feel like I can give back to the SF community - bc I actually have some experience here!  I am a 12.5C on the brannock and can wear a range of size / widths combos.  I wear a 13B in AE (strand), a 12A in Alden Van (I have a very narrow heel), a 12C in Vintage Florsheim, and 12C or 12.5B in Barrie/TB with Alden.  I used the RMW size guidelines, which are quite good, and some months ago I ordered a 11.5E (like a B US - though not exact). In a Turnout in this width its basically a Macq.  Long story short, they were too tight in the toe box but fight super well in the heel.  I went back to the drawing board and ordered an 11.5F, the toebox fits great and the heel is tough loose so I throw an insole in it and fits perfect all around.  

A couple things to consider/know.  The Macq is quite sleek and narrow - I would consider this only for use as a "dress boot" - as well to me the toe box is very narrow.  If I had stayed at the E width I probably would have gone up 1/2 size - that's just me and I measure a C.  Lastly, I wouldn't realy call the yearling a "thick" leather.  Its certainly thicker than Ostrich or Kangaroo but I find it to be of average thickness - not as thick as say CXL, not as thin as unlined suede but rather average in thickness.  I wouldn't change my size based on this leather personally.  I sold my E boots on ebay about 6 weeks ago.  If you want to see the pics - PM me and I'll shoot them over - you can see the narrowness of the toe box quite well.  

Alright, thanks for the info. Even if the leather type doesn't play into it much, if the Macq is as significantly narrower as compared to the Turnout as you say, then I should still be good with an F width Macq for my B width foot. I used the official RMW sizing guide as posted above and since my sizing is close enough already to the general sizing they use, the macq should fit even better. I'm not worried about how narrow the toe box is as my whole foot is quite slender overall. Where did you find a E width Turnout though? I haven't seen any RMW boot being sold in that width anywhere.

I also wanted to ask of anyone that can answer, should I get shoe trees for these boots? I'm assuming so but I don't know which ones to get. I understand the official RMW ones aren't sold anymore? Thinking of getting AE combination cedar shoe trees for them. Anyone have other suggestions on that front?

Last edited:

Jason Kadushin

Reaction score
Alright, thanks for the info. Even if the leather type doesn't play into it much, if the Macq is as significantly narrower as compared to the Turnout as you say, then I should still be good with an F width Macq for my B width foot. I used the official RMW sizing guide as posted above and since my sizing is close enough already to the general sizing they use, the macq should fit even better. I'm not worried about how narrow the toe box is as my whole foot is quite slender overall. Where did you find a E width Turnout though? I haven't seen any RMW boot being sold in that width anywhere.

I also wanted to ask of anyone that can answer, should I get shoe trees for these boots? I'm assuming so but I don't know which ones to get. I understand the official RMW ones aren't sold anymore? Thinking of getting AE combination cedar shoe trees for them. Anyone have other suggestions on that front?
F and E are generally MTO only, especially for a Turnout. occasionally you'll find an F craftsman in either the black or chestnut. I was actually on the phone with RMW today in Australia and across all company owned stores they only had a couple craftsmans in F in those two colors. Anything else is MTO or you got super lucky. I use woodlore or AE boot trees - they seem to work well.

91foxbody

Reaction score
Sorry for the late response. I just emailed Cloggs customer service and they sent the money back to my Paypal.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trumbus