1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ring Jacket - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ring Jacket USA, Sep 2, 2015.

1. junglcmndo

junglcmndo Well-Known Member

This might be a silly question but I bought a sport coat in Japan about 6 months ago and since I was helped by the salesmen didn't ask for the model type 184,254, etc. Is there any way to tell on the jacket itself I couldn't seem to find anything?

Thanks ahead of time

2. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

That's super hard to find out. I know that they don't show the models on the inside tag. Usually on the garment tag they showed the model. It's hard to find. Luckily I bought all my pieces from one store and they only sell one model. Good luck man

3. Ring Jacket USA

Ring Jacket USA Active Member Affiliate Vendor

It's always printed on the Ring Jacket tag that hangs on the front of the jacket, but you might not have that any longer. There is a tag inside the inner right chest pocket that contains the fabric information, and there is a item number there. The model may be printed in parentheses underneath, but if not you can let me know the item number and I'll see if I can find out from there.

1 person likes this.
  4. Loathing

Loathing Senior member

Still no plans for European stockists?

5. Ring Jacket USA

Good news: We're launching in Europe for spring 2017. Product should start delivering in stores for February and March. We'll be available at Fenwick on Bond Street in London, and Lund & Lund in Stockholm. More to come on that later.

1 person likes this.
  6. junglcmndo

So I took a look at the right inside pocket and this is what I found NO. RT056F42X size 48.

Also is ring jacket meister on rakuten actually the webshop or just some random person?

@Ring Jacket USA

Thank you

7. Loathing

Loathing Senior member

That's great news! Thanks for the info. I'll definitely drop into Fenwicks when stock arrives.

8. Chowkin

Chowkin Senior member

9. junglcmndo

10. 7smcb

7smcb Active Member

That is great news - can I ask how much of the range Fenwick will carry? Any idea of price point for jackets/suits? What about timing of arrival?

11. AlexE

AlexE Senior member

Excellent news - will have a look at the end of March and hope these to stockists will be joined by more soon.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  12. Ring Jacket USA

They will have a nice offering: a few suits, some jackets, cotton trousers, and some of our A-1 jackets as well. It should be in store this week!

13. 7smcb

7smcb Active Member

Thanks for this - Bond St. or all over? And can you give a sense of the cost of a suit?

14. takashi78

takashi78 Senior member

@Ring Jacket USA and members here.

Need your opinion.

I tried on the model-184 in a shop yesterday and have some questions on fitting.
    This is a sz48. Tried on the sz50 but find the length a bit too long and does not look right. I am 168cm tall.
    Trousers fit good with minimal alterations needed.

1- There is some tension or stress at the back of my neck, as seen in the pic, both 48 & 50 has this feeling. Is it something that is easily fixable?
    2- A bit tight on the armhole but the front lower side as seen and highlighted in the pic below, fixable?
    3- Very happy with the shape of the front, what are your thoughts?
    4- The back needs cleaning up but i don't think its too much a problem to do so.
    5- Sleeves to be shorten offcourse.
    6- Shoulder width on the 48 is more spot on

Any other comments?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

Don't buy it. Fits terribly.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  16. fal32

fal32 Senior member

How come the new 253/254 sportcoats for this season are all half-canvassed? In the past I thought all the sportcoats and suits were fully canvassed...

GusW likes this.