• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
something new in a few months - hopefully.
ordered a custom last for a new boot back in july, test shoe coming in a few weeks .... I hope

the test boot photo is a kinda non-event but at least it's ready to ship . . . . next week . . . . maybe

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since there isn't any other R. Bestetti thread, I'm going to ask for fitting advice here. First of all, does RB offer half sizes (I remember reading that it's possible but some retailers don't offer it, so just making sure)? Second, could you advise on what size I should go with for the 1966 last specifically based on the following (all normal width):

Crockett & Jones (348, 337): UK7,5
Enzo Bonafè (946): UK7,5
Enzo Bonafè (804): UK7
Gaziano & Girling (GG06, MH71, TG73): UK8
Edward Green (888): UK8
Vass (F, SP): EU41
Vass (U): EU41,5
Carmina (Rain, Forest, Inca): UK7,5
Carmina (Simpson): UK8

The Carmina shoes are bad fits overall because of my high instep. Best fits are the Vass U-last and the two Enzo Bonafè lasts. As for EG and G&G, I'm sizing up because of width basically. What would you advise me to go with with RB, UK7 or UK8? I'm guessing the latter, but would appreciate your feedback. Also, if anyone could provide outsole measurements (length, width) for UK7 and UK8 I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited:

amdor

Reaction score
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Here's some comparisons which might be useful. Courtesy of Spiga 3

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since there isn't any other R. Bestetti thread, I'm going to ask for fitting advice here. First of all, does RB offer half sizes (I remember reading that it's possible but some retailers don't offer it, so just maskning sure)? Second, could you advise on what size I should go with for the 1966 last specifically based on the following (all normal width):

The Carmina shoes are bad fits overall because of my high instep. Best fits are the Vass U-last and the two Enzo Bonafè lasts. As for EG and G&G, I'm sizing up because of width basically. What would you advise me to go with with RB, UK7 or UK8? I'm guessing the latter, but would appreciate your feedback. Also, if anyone could provide outsole measurements (length, width) for UK7 and UK8 I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

my experience with him would suggest that you CANNOT use sizing in any other brand as a bench mark to order his shoes.
my caveat is that I've only used his novecento line, almond toe last, for two pair and am working with him to develop a personal last for the future
which he has nailed almost perfectly on first try, using my suggested modifications.
I originally found the instep to be slightly high for my foot during break in on the St. Moritz but over time, they fit fantastically.

I bring these things up because I think you would be better off contacting him directly to discuss sizing and NOT shooting in the dark

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since there isn't any other R. Bestetti thread, I'm going to ask for fitting advice here. First of all, does RB offer half sizes (I remember reading that it's possible but some retailers don't offer it, so just maskning sure)? Second, could you advise on what size I should go with for the 1966 last specifically based on the following (all normal width):

I think that the best size for you would be UK7,5, but since I presume that you are looking at the wholecut on sale at Spiga, and you don't have half sizes there, probably UK8 would be best. Might be a tiny bit big, but as long as your heel to ball area is correct it could work fine with maybe some adjustments like thin insole or such. For info like outsole measurements and stuff like that you'd better contact Riccardo or retailers like Spiga.

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

my experience with him would suggest that you CANNOT use sizing in any other brand as a bench mark to order his shoes.
   my caveat is that I've only used his novecento line, almond toe last, for two pair and am working with him to develop a personal last for the future
   which he has nailed almost perfectly on first try, using my suggested modifications.
   I originally found the instep to be slightly high for my foot during break in on the St. Moritz but over time, they fit fantastically.

I bring these things up because I think you would be better off contacting him directly to discuss sizing and NOT shooting in the dark

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm actually looking at a pair that is on sale and hoped I could figure out my size based on above information.

I think that the best size for you would be UK7,5, but since I presume that you are looking at the wholecut on sale at Spiga, and you don't have half sizes there, probably UK8 would be best. Might be a bit big, but as long as your heel to ball area is correct it could work fine with maybe some adjustments like thin insole or such. For info like outsole measurements and stuff like that you'd better contact Riccardo or retailers like Spiga.

That's the one, yes. How does the 1966 last taper at the toe box? More/less than Vass U-last/EB 946/C&J 348? I asked for outsole measurements today, but they asked me to get back to them tomorrow.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm actually looking at a pair that is on sale and hoped I could figure out my size based on above information.
That's the one, yes. How does the 1966 last taper at the toe box? More/less than Vass U-last/EB 946/C&J 348? I asked for outsole measurements today, but they asked me to get back to them tomorrow.

Not as much as on the U last. The instep is a bit high, which would suit you well. Yeah they probably need their shoe guy Adam in store to get things done correctly :)

But to be frank, don't wait too long. All sizes except 8 are already gone, and with that price I wouldn't be surprised if that one goes soon too as well.

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not as much as on the U last. The instep is a bit high, which would suit you well. Yeah they probably need their shoe guy Adam in store to get things done correctly :)

That's exactly what they said: "call us tomorrow, Adam will be here and will help you out" :)

Thanks for the clarification. Another question if you don't mind; do you happen to know which is longer and/or wider in the same size, U or 1966?

Last edited:

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what they said: "call us tomorrow, Adam will be here and will help you out"
smile.gif

Thanks for the clarification. Another question if you don't mind; do you happen to know which is longer and/or wider in the same size, U or 1966?

Hard to say, especially since Vass use EU sizing and Bestetti UK. But for U I wear EU44 wide and UK10 in 1966 (yes I'm the customer behind the guide at Spiga's site).

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hard to say, especially since Vass use EU sizing and Bestetti UK. But for U I wear EU44 wide and UK10 in 1966 (yes I'm the customer behind the guide at Spiga's site).

Thanks. I'll talk to the folks at Spiga3 tomorrow. Depending on their return policy, I might take a shot at it.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I called the shop and spoke to Adam. Based on my sizes with other makers, he recommended me UK7. Although not bespoke, I'm very excited to join the Bestetti club.
Only RTW for me too, but I've been very impressed. Could be promising with your UK7 on the high instep 804, but the 1966 toe box may be more restrictive. You can always do RTW half sizes directly with Bestetti, but obviously not at the great SPIGA sale price. I have the UK9 coming myself. Wholecuts may not be the most in demand model, but at $575, someone will take them on B&S if they don't work out.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Only RTW for me too, but I've been very impressed. Could be promising with your UK7 on the high instep 804, but the 1966 toe box may be more restrictive. You can always do RTW half sizes directly with Bestetti, but obviously not at the great SPIGA sale price. I have the UK9 coming myself. Wholecuts may not be the most in demand model, but at $575, someone will take them on B&S if they don't work out. 

I'm of the same opinion. I'm having a hard time forking out appr. $1400 when they can be had at Spiga sales for half that amount (Swedish pricing). I'd love me a pair of Mavericks at some point. I doubt they ever make it to sales, though.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My 1966 wholecut from SPIGA showed up. It had some shop wear creasing and the finish was a little dull, but I polished it back to life. The fit is just like the 1967, and the heel cup / arch support is amazing as usual. I just have to decide if the chisel is for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads