• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.

Xenon

Reaction score

So...if a last has to have the width of the heel reduced. The better solution is always to start with a narrower heel to begin with. Indeed this configuration probably represents 80-90% of all bespoke work--wide forepart, narrow heel.

BTW...and completely off topic but perhaps interesting, here is an applewood vase I turned. About seven inches tall with even walls about 1/8 inch thick.

Truly beautiful! And 1/8 inch is excellent work, especially for this species

Also any idea why RTW shoes have such wide heels? I have the combination you describe (thin heel - wide forepart )and I have noticed that many other people also have this, even women no matter what size.

Last edited:

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Truly beautiful! And 1/8 inch is excellent work, especially for this species

Also any idea why RTW shoes have such wide heels? I have the combination you describe (thin heel - wide forepart )and I have noticed that many other people also have this, even women no matter what size.

Thanks. Like I said, I got lucky. Especially since I didn't use a laser or a hollowing rig. I have done several of these including large hollow forms with a narrow (1" +) opening. But I think...technically speaking...this one is my favourite.

You have narrow heels and a wide forepart, so you are especially tuned to that "issue" and think that there are "many other people" who also have this configuration. But in the US I would be surprised if 25% of the population have feet like this and I suspect the figure is more like 10%.

Shoe manufacturers cannot cater to 10% of the population. And because they cannot, the major lastmakers do not. The standard widths in any given size are A, B, C, D, & E. And there are AA's, EE's and even H widths. Most manufacturers make shoes, in at most, two widths. Nevermind shoes with heels in one width and foreparts in another.

Manufacturers tend to make shoes in wide widths assuming that people like you will lace the shoe tighter and as long as the foot is held in the shoe, all other sins are forgiven. People get used to improper fit and extra space in the shoe.

Of course that leads to all sorts of other problems, not the least of which is people buying shoes too narrow or too short in order to get a shoe that will cinch down over the instep. And in turn, that leads to people buying shoes off Ebay or in thrift shops that not only don't fit them but because of previously set footbeds, never will, even if they are ostensibly the right size.

C&A

Reaction score
My kid goat cap toes almost finished

kgmd001.jpg

kgmd002.jpg

kgmd003.jpg

kgmd004.jpg

kgmd005.jpg

kgmd006.jpg

kgmd007.jpg

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

5000 euros to my understanding. Please those who have ordered chime in.

wat?

riccardo charges €3000
for 'normal' leathers.

and he will come to the states
if there are 15 clients
and the price remains the same

Last edited:

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy crap... this is some serious shoe Appreciation! Love the suede and the alligators. SEX

I haven't been this excited about shoes since I first found out about Koji.

Last edited:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My kid goat cap toes almost finished

kgmd003.jpg

The double row of stitching and brogueing on the toecap is crooked on my monitor. Maybe because you have used goatskin.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads