• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
I've got a pair of black cherry GTs and I was wondering if it'd be cool to wear them with no break wool trousers. I thought it looked nice since the boots aren't too clunky but I wanted to see what you guys thought.

Why not? Just do it.

fitchottie

Reaction score
BakerShoes.com I got a pair of 9016 shipped for 209.00, there are having a sale still you can get the 9011 for 209.oo shipped to your door. they are 224.99 with 15 off free shipping and no tax, just use code (twitter).

Also two weeks ago 6pm..... got two pairs of frye dakota's for 89.00 a piece..... Nordstroms shoes will go on sale dec 26th with 33%off all shoes, sax was also running a sale on fryes for 124.99 a week or so ago. I wear a size 12, the width of my foot is 4 1/2 wide and a 12 d fits perfect, no break in needed...... but if you do need a to break them in use a shoe stretch or to make it speeder and painful, put in insoles and wear two pair of socks..... That will stretch them.

AlexWb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fitchottie
BakerShoes.com I got a pair of 9016 shipped for 209.00, there are having a sale still you can get the 9011 for 209.oo shipped to your door. they are 224.99 with 15 off free shipping and no tax, just use code (twitter).

Also two weeks ago 6pm..... got two pairs of frye dakota's for 89.00 a piece..... Nordstroms shoes will go on sale dec 26th with 33%off all shoes, sax was also running a sale on fryes for 124.99 a week or so ago. I wear a size 12, the width of my foot is 4 1/2 wide and a 12 d fits perfect, no break in needed...... but if you do need a to break them in use a shoe stretch or to make it speeder and painful, put in insoles and wear two pair of socks..... That will stretch them.

I got brand new GT's in black cherry for that price too. 209 free shipping. You have to put in the holiday code on their main page
smile.gif

l1mab3an

Reaction score
So torn between the black cherry and cigar.. I was thinking cigar would be a lot more versatile.. whats your guys opinion? The uniqueness of the cherry is overwhelming but I want to get a lot of use out of that boot.

brad wolf

Reaction score
After a couple weeks of daily wear the leather sole has started to split a little bit on my left boot, I put a bit of gorilla glue on it so I hope it's ok. I kind of wish I got the Iron Rangers, they were way more comfortable when I tried them on than these are after 2 weeks of wear, I guess because the

**edit - I think I was being paranoid. I looked at pics of worn gentleman travelers on flickr and some of them have the same 'split' I thought mine did. It's not really split anyway, just looked slightly cracked around the edges.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
brad i have the same split on mine it hasn't gotten big enough for me to worry about it yet but guess when it gets out of hand i'll get it fixed.

chethondo

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of GTs. I read everything I could about sizing and here's how it worked for me:

Allen Edmonds Park Ave: 10C
Vans Authentic: 10
Clarks DBs: 9.5
Chucks: 9.5
Danner Mountain Lite: 10D
Red Wing 875: 10B or 9.5
Red Wing GT: 9

I tried on both the 9.5 and 9 and settled on the 9. I have a narrow foot so I went a full size down from my measured size. I know it's been covered in here, but I figured I'd give my two cents.

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
I have a pair of size 8 GTs and the right boot is much, much tighter widthwise than the left boot. The left feels a full size larger than the right. My feet are the same size and I've never had this issue with any other shoe I've ever owned. I noticed this from day one but I figured the leather just needed to be broken in, now I've had them for 2 months and it's still very noticeable and kind of uncomfortable. There's a contact us link on their website where you can email them which I did a while ago and no one has gotten back to me. Anyone run into this? I was thinking about bringing just the right boot to a cobbler and having it stretched, but I wasn't sure how that works, I don't want it to be so stretched that it's more loose than the left boot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads