• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How many inches lower does the bar need to be to be considered a low bar squat

Low bar - break at the hips, sit back
High bar - break at the knees, back upright.

My bar position tends to be identical for both.

James_M

Reaction score

Any ideas for something with the macros of a Chipotle burrito (~90/100/50 PCF) that doesnt cost $9 or have 110% of my daily recommended cholesterol? I need a big combo breaker meal to come out of the fast for this IF BS. Chipotle def hits the spot but I cant do the **** every day; but a 1250 calorie brick is ******* perfect.

Not sure if this helps but here's a few recipes I go to. They all taste good and the best part is they can be adjusted for macros without compromising anything. Also, for the most part they can be eaten hot or cold and can be portioned out into individual servings for throughout the week. I usually eyeball measurements and adjust them depending on my requirements for the day so these are just guidelines.

Quinoa Chicken Bowl:
Diced chicken breast or thighs
Cooked Quinoa
chopped scallions
feta cheese
pumpkin seeds or pine nuts, sunflower seeds
vinagrette (olive oil, white wine vinegar or lemon juice, minced garlic and shallots)

Cook the chicken then combine with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add the vinagrette and mix.

Fritattas
Eggs and egg whites
Cheese - Feta,
diced sweet potatoes

Tuna and Chickpea salad
2 cans tuna mixed with whole grain mustard, mayo, capers, green onion
Chickpeas with marinated artichoke hearts, chopped spinach or kale, red onion and white wine vinegar
Combine tuna and chickpeas

Asian Burrito
Sauce: Hosein, sriracha, garlic, ginger, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil - combine in a bowl
lb minced turkey breast
Cooked quinoa
slaw - shredded carrot, napa cabbage, scallion, sesame seeds with oil and rice wine vinegar. Combine.

Sautee the turkey until cooked, mix in cooked quinoa stir in sauce and reserve some for drizzling
Place in high-protein whole wheat wrap, top with slaw and fold. Bake or cook in a pan seam-side down until wrap is toasted.

Morrocan Lamb Tagine:
Spice Mix: ground coriander, dried thyme, ground allspice, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, ground cinnamon (or use a pre-packaged blend)
Cubed lamb
one onion chopped
four cloves garlic minced
can of diced tomatoes
cubed sweet potatoes
almonds

Sear off the lamb in a dutch oven until brown on all sides. Remove the lamb , drain excess fat then sautee onions and garlic. Once they're translucent return the lamb to the pot and add the tomatoes sweet potatoes and water or stock to just cover. Cook at a simmer for about an hour and a half until lamb is tender.

Serve over couscous, quinoa or rice garnished with almond slices

Smoked Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs

Meatballs -- combine ground turkey with one egg, minced garlic and panko breadcrumbs soaked in milk. Form meatballs.
Place a cube of mozzarella in the center and form meatball around cheese until sealed.
Bake at 400 until done.
Place meatballs in your favourite tomato sauce and warm through. Serve with pasta.

Chicken Greens and Roasted Poblano
2 fresh poblano chiles
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 medium white onion, sliced
3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
5 cups (lightly packed) coarsely chopped, spinach
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup nonfat Greek Yogurt

Cook the chicken, set aside. Roast poblanos over flame or under the broiler then peel.
Sautee garlic and onions and spinach. Add broth, cook down for a minute then add the greek yogourt chicken and poblanos.
Cook for a few minutes until sauce consistency is achieved.

Serve over rice, quinoa, couscous or with pita, wrap, etc....

Curried Chicken Salad
4 Chicken Breasts poached in stock until cooked through
Madras Curry Powder
Cayenne Pepper
Green Onion
Toasted pecans or walnuts
Greek Yogourt
Mayo (optional)
Shredded carrot

Shred the poached chicken breasts withtwo forks, or cube
Combine greek yogourt, mayo, curry powder, cayenne in a bowl. Mix into shredded chicken.
Add chopped green onion, shredded carrots and walnuts or pecans.

Serve in a wrap, or pita.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Instant Oatmeal + Protein Powder + Peanut butter in the correct proportion is probably the cheapest way to do that probably.

It tastes like mush but on the flipside you won't get sick of the mush?

James_M

Reaction score
If you want cheap and dirty just cook a bunch of chicken thighs, dice them up throw in a bowl with some rice or quinoa cover in cheese and microwave, Top with sour cream and greek yogourt. Pour on some salsa and hot sauce.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The RTS manual is written in Greek. Aimed at high intermediate geared powerlifters for sure... I didn't really get anything out of it.
Ok. That's good to know. I haven't read it actually.

I just know that a big proportion of the top powerlifters in Sweden, raw and equipped, use RTS-style templates. Thought it'd be useful to learn about different ways of implementing self regulation and the methods he uses for determining how far you should push yourself when you have no set plan.

I've gotten a good grasp about how it works from just reading his articles on reactivetrainingsystems.com so yeah, the book might not be needed. Mike also likes to use a lot of complicated terms, lol

Who here highbar squats? Been playing around with form and bar position yet again, and i'm really diggin low bar. I kind of think my upper body falls too far forward though, going to film a video and have you guys evaluate.
I lowbar and highbar. I think lifters should train both. I'll lowbar my main sets because like most people I can lift more with lowbar, but then I will do highbar with 230 as accessory to work the quads and it also helps a lot with my lowbar form. So something like lowbar 290 x 5, highbar 230 x 8. I try to keep them close.
This is the dude that writes my diet. He's super knowledgeable and this series has a ton of great information.

After reading Gregs "squatting for your body type" article, I'm starting to think high bar could benefit me. I wanna try to stay more upright (problematic for me since I'm tall with long legs) and put more emphasis on the quads and high bar will do just that. gonna try it tomorrow.

How much does he charge for diet coaching? Would be interesting to see what he'd recommend.

Last edited:

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@conceptionist From Greg's website, he appears to charge $500 for training programs and counseling and for diet/nutrition it's $250 and both are for 12wks...

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yea both Greg and RP have raised their prices. I guess supply and demand.

Last edited:

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright.
Thanks for the info guys.

I just made a search on Dr. Israetel from RP and it turns out I've already read many of his articles and am implementing his general diet recommendations. It may not be tailored exactly to my need, but I'm gaining weight, strength and size on a good rate so I'm not really in need for any diet advice.

The Swedish coach i have in mind charges about 30 USD a week. Probably gonna turn to him when I don't know what to do with my programming.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Charly, is the big guy still doing your programming or are ya breaking out on your own? I've been following your log on IA, most impressive...

speedy4500

Reaction score
RHET bros, what app(s) do you use to track diet and stuff? The GF wants to track her workouts and food intake using her iphone. Looking for something that is powerful and customizable and preferably free?

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Myfitnesspal works really well.
Even have a function that allows you to scan the barcode to put in foods. Enormous food base as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads