• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

There are so few people on this site I'd want to drink/party with :(

Wouldn't it be easier to tolerate when you've imbibed ???

Anyway, I didn't make the cut for your list since is been a year we've yet to meet for hot cocoa :cry:

Speaking of meeting up where did b go he built his mancave then never emerged

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get the current backlash for ToJ in this thread

I think it gets recommended a lot for mostly good reasons, go look through the gallery to see diversity in fits within the same line of clothing etc etc

Then again I'm not a Fashion Zealot who hates Rick, Geller, CCP etc leathers for XYZ reason, ToJ just works for me and is rediculously easy to order (people outside NY/LA/London/Paris/Tokyo will get this) However I would really love some Rick, and if my life was different I would kop - I've had to hold back plenty of times.

A good percentage of people on SF / SuFu just want some nice clothes - they are better served with ToJ IMO then a jewelled undercover riders jacket or a blistered high collar RO jacket, after all they are probably going to wear it with desert boots and CP's anyway, if they want avant garde fashions then they won't want a basic double riders jacket will they?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are so few people on this site I'd want to drink/party with :(

Who makes the list?

Going to Paris / London for my honeymoon, want to meet Fuuma pretty bad :embar:

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yo sons, riddle me this: which Artisan brand makes clothing that is actual size, i.e. a 54 fits like a 54 and not a 50 (euro sizing). Thinking about a leather jacket for the spring and I don't want to buy an XL that has a 21" chest. :confused:

The forum's current obsession Schneider will fit you just fine in size 7. That is, everything except his blazers which fit tiny.

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
i dont want to meet synth or fuuma because my intellectual ego would get ******* smashed.

plus we all know synth is an angsty vampire -- hard to predict that ****

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of my friends dress like dicks but they like to have fun. I prefer it that way rather than the navel gazing meat beating party so many here seem to be about.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Most of my friends dress like dicks but they like to have fun. I prefer it that way rather than the navel gazing meat beating party so many here seem to be about.

I don't have friends, I have high fashion items

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

plus we all know synth is an angsty vampire -- hard to predict that ****

You guys gotta have the privilege of corresponding with Synthese on a topic he enjoys talking about, the boy writes a fine line. It doesn't come out in forum one-liners as much, but there are some amazing wordsmiths on here and sufu.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yo sons, riddle me this: which Artisan brand makes clothing that is actual size, i.e. a 54 fits like a 54 and not a 50 (euro sizing). Thinking about a leather jacket for the spring and I don't want to buy an XL that has a 21" chest. :confused:

Dude, just get some RRL. I big guy all gothed out usually just looks like one of those fat goths. Or maybe a dude going to a leather bar. If by "artisanal" you just mean "really well made", I would just go for one of the better, conservative, Italian brands. And size 1 up. There is a reason that those brands seem to size a bit smaller. European sizes don't translate directly. a 50Eu means 50 cm, which is actually smaller than a 40US (40"). Combine that with the slimmer cuts that European designers prefer, and you have a recipe for tightness.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sweet, I like a lot of what I see from him. Will keep an eye out!
Any others?

Depends what you're looking for. Despite your MMM sweater mistake, his pants, button downs and outerwear (but not blazers) generally fit TTS if not large at times. Dries Van Noten will work, Ann D as well. You live out in the Bay Area, right? Go to Barneys, try a bunch of **** you have no intention of buying on and get your sizing right.

EDIT: Or just listen to LA Guy.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

I really don't get that vibe from SF often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads