• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
it looks like he is emerging out of an insect ******

rotflmao.gif

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stizzyle
You look like an idiot.

That is all.

That picture is not of him.
You are an idiot.
I don't see how trolling could be any fun for you, being so bad at it.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stizzyle
You look like an idiot.

That is all.

You're right, I should have bought the leather in black.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no, you just don't understand the capabilities of fashion as art.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
AA tri-blend fabric is icky. It pills easily when rubbed against stuff and tends to look schlubby, similar to a gym shirt. I believe AA has even marketed some of their shirts utilizing this fabric as "gym shirt" as if that were a positive trait!

MofM tees have very nice fabric. They change the fabric composition slightly every season, often including less common materials such as silk and wool into their blends. But despite this their fabric overall tends to look and feel like a high end, super smooth cotton.

Lad Musician fabric feels similar to MofM, yet it is 100% cotton. Even after many washes it does not pill, shrink, or loose it's shape-- exactly the opposite of AA's 100% cotton fabric.

wjk fabric is usually 100% cotton and is heavy and thick. And some of their $150 tees have insanely thick fabric. These are the highest quality thick tees I've ever handled.

Silent fabric is ok. While it's nicer than AA, it is simply not in the same league as the nicer Japanese fabrics. Silent is the most overrated brand. The $100 Forward charges for Silent tees is overpriced-- they are more like $30 tees which is about what Gilt was charging.

Not sure how I missed this the first time around. Many thanks for the additional info. I'll have to look out for Lad Musician. I definitely like my MoM tee, but I'm not sure what'll happen post-wash.

Also...I kinda like the piling and the schlubbiness on AA tri-blends.
peepwall[1].gif
On some t-shirts, it just feels "right" in a weird way. It helps that all of my AA tri-blends are concert t-shirts, I guess.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Stopped by Sydney's today in Toronto. We got to talking at it turns out they are getting into in-house production, first suits and then shoes. He's sourced some nice materials, showed me a few samples, the cuts were pretty minimalist. Shoes are still initial stages of talks, he has to find a nice tannery and leather source (local ones are elk, deer, other big game which isn't so great for footwear), so that won't materialize until later. But the suiting was pretty nice. He had to abandon some more directional pieaces, no more Rick stuff for example. But the ma+ selection was nice, along with some other japanese lines virdi attachment IS etc. Other side was the belgiun lineups. Jil infinity jacket and the one-piece wallet were tempting but I had to resist... Nomad will be getting the w+h sneakers and may be able to locate the Ace-exclusive bath robes (Roden sold out really fast but he's the main guy for w+h anyway so no wonder he got them in) which I'd love. I did get a w+h sweater with the ugly extra stitching but I really liked the color and softness, also glad I got what I did back in the day with the riri, new hardware seems kinda disappointing in comparison
redface.gif

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
Stopped by Sydney's today in Toronto. We got to talking at it turns out they are getting into in-house production, first suits and then shoes. He's sourced some nice materials, showed me a few samples, the cuts were pretty minimalist. Shoes are still initial stages of talks, he has to find a nice tannery and leather source (local ones are elk, deer, other big game which isn't so great for footwear), so that won't materialize until later. But the suiting was pretty nice. He had to abandon some more directional pieaces, no more Rick stuff for example. But the ma+ selection was nice, along with some other japanese lines virdi attachment IS etc. Other side was the belgiun lineups. Jil infinity jacket and the one-piece wallet were tempting but I had to resist...

You're going to have to let us know how the final products turn out. I am very interested in this.

thatguymj

Reaction score
Found an Undercover M65 looking jacket with some great detailing like a see through section on the end of the sleeve where your watch would be. It was at some consignment store up in SF but it was closing and my GF was rushing me to leave and ended up not getting it. Now I want it bad!
ffffuuuu.gif

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*wally* is the one who will lead us away from our fashion caves.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
RFT: wally is not otter/woodyear, they have totally different speech patterns (reflected by their commenting style)
wally likes to say 'ok' at the end of a sentence
he likes to split a sentence into several lines
and he says ' blah-blah, my blah friend?' a lot
he talks like someone between 30-40 and probably has another (quite active) account

woodyear is nothing like that, he talks like he's just out of college and was trying to apply skills learned as a philosophy major to the interwebz. and he doesn't elicit a 'wwybywb' response at all

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
Stopped by Sydney's today in Toronto. We got to talking at it turns out they are getting into in-house production, first suits and then shoes. He's sourced some nice materials, showed me a few samples, the cuts were pretty minimalist. Shoes are still initial stages of talks, he has to find a nice tannery and leather source (local ones are elk, deer, other big game which isn't so great for footwear), so that won't materialize until later. But the suiting was pretty nice. He had to abandon some more directional pieaces, no more Rick stuff for example. But the ma+ selection was nice, along with some other japanese lines virdi attachment IS etc. Other side was the belgiun lineups. Jil infinity jacket and the one-piece wallet were tempting but I had to resist...

Nomad will be getting the w+h sneakers and may be able to locate the Ace-exclusive bath robes (Roden sold out really fast but he's the main guy for w+h anyway so no wonder he got them in) which I'd love. I did get a w+h sweater with the ugly extra stitching but I really liked the color and softness, also glad I got what I did back in the day with the riri, new hardware seems kinda disappointing in comparison
redface.gif

woot woot you should stop by and say hi while in T.O

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
RFT: wally is not otter/woodyear, they have totally different speech patterns (reflected by their commenting style)
wally likes to say 'ok' at the end of a sentence
he likes to split a sentence into several lines
and he says ' blah-blah, my blah friend?' a lot
he talks like someone between 30-40 and probably has another (quite active) account

woodyear is nothing like that, he talks like he's just out of college and was trying to apply skills learned as a philosophy major to the interwebz. and he doesn't elicit a 'wwybywb' response at all

Woodyear was not Otter....Woodyear was a jackass. Otter is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads