1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snake

snake Distinguished Member

So how many leathers you got now?

2. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Distinguished Member

man how do you get away with three button down shirts?

3. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

isnt a leather duffle obnoxious for traveling? Steezy but heavy

Not when there's not much in it. Mine expands (in a way), also, which is nice. But yeah, they're much better for car trips. Hoofing it through multiple airports is pretty obnoxious with a duffle. We have the technology! To put wheels on boxes.

4. APK

APK Distinguished Member

I did this almost all of last year for work. It was repetitive and I think a bit psychologically demoralizing, but I did it. Then again, I rarely had extra money for my casual wardrobe, so investing more in my work wardrobe was a real reach.

I don't think it's a problem to have a disproportionate casual to work wardrobe if you prefer the latter. But if I were nn, I'd probably forgo a leather purchase and buy a couple of extra "work" shirts, just to not feel like it's Groundhog Day.

5. nicelynice

nicelynice Distinguished Member

Six, actually, three are in the wash .. wear 2-3 times with an undershirt, then wash. All brooks bros. non-iron. I have a couple N. Hoolywood dress shirts for special occasions (VIPs and when they film my TV show). Two summer suits, two winter suits (just put in storage, along with my winter coats and knits).. and that's it..

6. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. They look terrible, imo.

Noob.
    Six, actually, three are in the wash .. wear 2-3 times with an undershirt, then wash. All brooks bros. non-iron. I have a couple N. Hoolywood dress shirts for special occasions (VIPs and when they film my TV show). Two summer suits, two winter suits (just put in storage, along with my winter coats and knits).. and that's it..
    Essplain

7. melonadejello

melonadejello Distinguished Member

I am quite sorry to inform you that this is not an appropriate usage of this image.
    Please play again.

8. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Distinguished Member

Cords are alright with me. Might pick up some APC petite standard cords.

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

Who is this clown?

10. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior Member

^ can't blame him [​IMG]

RFT: After seeing these three tres bien fit pics side by side I kind of see why synthese thinks that in general PS is the most flattering cut (and perhaps NC is the worst!) but could it be due to the model's proportions?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I wonder if someone's seen a set of e-store fit pics like these where PS actually looks worse than (say) NS, and can point me to them. That would be interesting.
    In this case I think it's pretty clear that PS > NS >>>> NC

11. aeglus

aeglus Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

that's a really, really creepy thread

12. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior Member

yeah ps is the best cut, ns is second, nc has that weird flare.

the model looks weird in every pic though, i've never seen apc fit that way he is either very very thin or is wearing tts?

13. nicelynice

nicelynice Distinguished Member

Essplain
    I have a REALLY shitty bi-monthly program that broadcasts in Sendai and I think Yamagata where myself and a Japanese anchor investigate something local and semi-famous, he explains it while I "ooh and ahh" over it. Like "Evening Magazine" from Seattle, if you've seen that. Last episode was a horror writer who had a house full of anime sex figurines, pretty disgusting. It's not something I enjoy, the program is asinine and I don't like having people recognize me on the street, but my coworkers get a kick out it and I get a couple days off a month to film it. I've had a few offers from national networks to be on TV shows, but the pay is terrible and the work is boring.

14. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

My Grandma watches similar shows to keep up her Japanese. Do you get to ball out of control on air? I like that you are the awestruck white guy though

15. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Distinguished Member

ITT: a bunch of angry, corduroy wearing nerds.

So much for the Style Forum.

ok mr patrick bateman avatar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.