Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

RFT: wally is not otter/woodyear, they have totally different speech patterns (reflected by their commenting style)
    wally likes to say 'ok' at the end of a sentence
    he likes to split a sentence into several lines
    and he says ' blah-blah, my blah friend?' a lot
    he talks like someone between 30-40 and probably has another (quite active) account

woodyear is nothing like that, he talks like he's just out of college and was trying to apply skills learned as a philosophy major to the interwebz. and he doesn't elicit a 'wwybywb' response at all

2. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

Stopped by Sydney's today in Toronto. We got to talking at it turns out they are getting into in-house production, first suits and then shoes. He's sourced some nice materials, showed me a few samples, the cuts were pretty minimalist. Shoes are still initial stages of talks, he has to find a nice tannery and leather source (local ones are elk, deer, other big game which isn't so great for footwear), so that won't materialize until later. But the suiting was pretty nice. He had to abandon some more directional pieaces, no more Rick stuff for example. But the ma+ selection was nice, along with some other japanese lines virdi attachment IS etc. Other side was the belgiun lineups. Jil infinity jacket and the one-piece wallet were tempting but I had to resist...

Nomad will be getting the w+h sneakers and may be able to locate the Ace-exclusive bath robes (Roden sold out really fast but he's the main guy for w+h anyway so no wonder he got them in) which I'd love. I did get a w+h sweater with the ugly extra stitching but I really liked the color and softness, also glad I got what I did back in the day with the riri, new hardware seems kinda disappointing in comparison [​IMG]

woot woot you should stop by and say hi while in T.O

3. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

RFT: wally is not otter/woodyear, they have totally different speech patterns (reflected by their commenting style)
    he talks like someone between 30-40 and probably has another (quite active) account

woodyear is nothing like that, he talks like he's just out of college and was trying to apply skills learned as a philosophy major to the interwebz. and he doesn't elicit a 'wwybywb' response at all

Woodyear was not Otter....Woodyear was a jackass. Otter is hilarious.

4. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Wally is definitely Otter. Not sure who woodyear is.

5. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

haha you guys are right, i don't remember otter's posts but i recall someone saying otter = woodyear so ...

all of his posts are nuked, it seems

edit: speaking of which, robert has completely disappeared!!

6. koalaswag

koalaswag Member

7. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

Otter and Wally could easily be the same

And i think *Pee* on jawnz is the same as the two above.

8. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

New Cure fits me best. I think that it would pretty obviously depend on the person what would be most flattering to their body type. Which is why there isn't a single perfect cut for everyone jean.

i think you're right, i looked at the fit pics on barneys and the nc fit (3rd) doesn't look so bad ... guess i will have to walk a few blocks and try those fuckers on then. [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

10. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Spring Uniform:
    Black Supreme Box Hat
    Hanes tee
    Black New Standards
    Black Techo GATS

11. Meis

Meis Senior member

edit: speaking of which, robert has completely disappeared!!

+1 He hasn't been around since january.. doesn't have a single post in the current jcrew season thread.

12. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

Not really an observation, but a suggestion: Took my wife to Jean Shop yesterday for new denim, and she wound up getting the men's Rocker, in size 27. They fit her perfectly and another lady was admiring them -- but when my wife told her they were men's, she made sort of an "ewww" face.

I think a lot of women would go for raw denim if they'd try on the small men's sizes. A slim straight cut like the men's Rocker is pretty hard to find for women -- all the cuts are either painted-on skinny or flare-leg. Another reason my wife didn't get the women's is that the back rise was too low.

Also, the pair she got was made in 07 -- sort of NOS...

Jean Shop doesn't get much love here but I think they're right down the middle -- Japanese denim, Riri zips, nice details like half-lined back pockets, selvedge zipper -- but not $$350-400, either. They do pander to the B&T set with a bunch of super-expensive washes, though.

13. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Not sure if srs...

14. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

So the cameraman in 46 fit me but was a little long, obviously. Looked so sick with my Junya blazer underneath with the red gingham color popped poking out. Gingham overload on deck. So excited for Thursday, copping spree will commence.

15. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

I'm leaving for NYC tomorrow night. Probably going to be too busy hanging out with nerds to go shopping though [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.