1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Distinguished Member

I have a REALLY shitty bi-monthly program that broadcasts in Sendai and I think Yamagata where myself and a Japanese anchor investigate something local and semi-famous, he explains it while I "ooh and ahh" over it. Like "Evening Magazine" from Seattle, if you've seen that. Last episode was a horror writer who had a house full of anime sex figurines, pretty disgusting. It's not something I enjoy, the program is asinine and I don't like having people recognize me on the street, but my coworkers get a kick out it and I get a couple days off a month to film it.

I've had a few offers from national networks to be on TV shows, but the pay is terrible and the work is boring.

wow this is hilarious hahaha, awesome.

2. Lane

Lane Distinguished Member

you guys do know that for males no one notices that you are wearing the same clothes in the workplace, right?

3. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

People notice whatever I wear, but I'm a lecturer so I'm in front of a lot of people all day. I wear the same workout clothes on Monday and Friday to hit the gym after work one time and the little bastards notice.

4. Lane

yah, I meant in a office environment. Seems like it is far less likely for people to notice, especially if its just the same blazer/suit. For women I bet its the opposite, though.

5. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior Member

People notice whatever I wear, but I'm a lecturer so I'm in front of a lot of people all day. I wear the same workout clothes on Monday and Friday to hit the gym after work one time and the little bastards notice.

What kind of OCD person notices and comments on stuff like this? Are they SF members?

yah, I meant in a office environment. Seems like it is far less likely for people to notice, especially if its just the same blazer/suit. For women I bet its the opposite, though.

All the more reason to get a job where you wear a lab coat. [​IMG]

6. aeglus

aeglus Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

same guy that gave you the tank?

7. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Six, actually, three are in the wash .. wear 2-3 times with an undershirt, then wash. All brooks bros. non-iron. I have a couple N. Hoolywood dress shirts for special occasions (VIPs and when they film my TV show). Two summer suits, two winter suits (just put in storage, along with my winter coats and knits).. and that's it..

Get two 4 season suits and have at least two decent pair of shoes and you'll be fine. I have no idea about dress code but it seems to include suits since you mentioned them.

8. bows1

bows1 Distinguished Member

^ can't blame him [​IMG]

RFT: After seeing these three tres bien fit pics side by side I kind of see why synthese thinks that in general PS is the most flattering cut (and perhaps NC is the worst!) but could it be due to the model's proportions?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I wonder if someone's seen a set of e-store fit pics like these where PS actually looks worse than (say) NS, and can point me to them. That would be interesting.
    In this case I think it's pretty clear that PS > NS >>>> NC

New Cure fits me best. I think that it would pretty obviously depend on the person what would be most flattering to their body type. Which is why there isn't a single perfect cut for everyone jean.

9. melonadejello

melonadejello Distinguished Member

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

^want

11. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Distinguished Member

they're pretty good but I still like my burgundy MiE 576s more [​IMG] wore them when moving out of my apartment a few weeks back with olive chinos and a lilac shirt and I felt like I could take on the world

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

Still want 1300cls dammit.

13. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Thus we see the majority of Americans eating out at restaurants like Olive Garden, Applebees, and Red Lobster. Most of these chains provide the culinary equivalent of frozen food heated in a microwave.
    Having friends who have worked in such establishments, I can attest that this is sometimes literally what they're doing.

14. about11oclock

about11oclock Distinguished Member

Still want 1300cls dammit.

Apparently relationships with every SA worth a damn anywhere doesn't help when you beast on NB's, my dude. [​IMG]

15. Lane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.