• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
whose uomo is this?

00-ikea-pitti-uomo-street-style.jpg

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can I still find one of those old Nike hats, simple swoosh logo in black or the like.

@dieworkwear Do you wear hats? I am curious what you would rock.

I have a small face, which is why things like glasses and hats are hard to size IMO. The latter has been something I have been searching for a long time. Tried Larose last fall and it looks huge (Casentino wool). I wonder if other fabrics make the appearance smaller.

edit:
I remember back in college me and my buddy were gunning for the Supreme box logo hats. And one summer I think he finally picked one up off of eBay and the days that followed he kept researching whether it was authentic. Good memories.

Last edited:

Moonchild

Reaction score
Tabi boots can look really good in the right context.

View attachment 794612
View attachment 794613
View attachment 794614
TheRosenrot (blogger on the 1rst pic) has a good range of tabi boots... i never understood the appeal of tabi boots at first, but she build some nice outfits arount tabis that kinda attenuate the 'sheep feet' effect of tabi..
But the male version though... I'm all for experimentation, but I can't find the right context / outfit / occasion to pull it off.. Outside a dojo...

Moonchild

Reaction score
Just been browsing London fashion week runway shows... I don't know what is going to happen In Paris fashion week next week, but so far, all I've seen is ugly.. Looks like almost every brand is trying to embrace the oversized/raw edges / silly logos & captions influence from Vetements...

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i suck at sales.. aside from stuff from NMWA (because hey, everything is good), most of my sales buys have been busts (not worn regularly, maybe i didn't want it that much in the first place etc)

Maxwellll

Reaction score
Just been browsing London fashion week runway shows... I don't know what is going to happen In Paris fashion week next week, but so far, all I've seen is ugly.. Looks like almost every brand is trying to embrace the oversized/raw edges / silly logos & captions influence from Vetements...

I had the exact same thought about London shows. Londons always talked about as being a bastion of diversity and new ideas but all I see now is the same thing being turned out and praised, a bit of a Central Saint Martins circle jerk. and now theres no Alexander McQueen, JW Anderson, Maharishi, CMMN SWDN, Margaret Howell, Christopher Kane, Burberry... thats anyone who was in their own lane doing something interesting.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here. Have unchecked those boxes + saved changes a million times, but it won't stop them.

Go to your watched threads page. Select the threads you want no email notifications from. Then go to the menu at the bottom, and fit the selected posts, click "disable email notifications".

Do not unsubscribe from emails
unless you don't want to be able to reset your ppassword, etc...

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to your watched threads page. Select the threads you want no email notifications from. Then go to the menu at the bottom, and fit the selected posts, click "disable email notifications".

Do not unsubscribe from emails
unless you don't want to be able to reset your ppassword, etc...
Unchecked the boxes on my Alert Preferences. Hopefully that does the trick.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@dieworkwear Do you wear hats? I am curious what you would rock.

I have a Lock & Co Rambler and Napoli. The first is a unstructured wool hat, but keeps its shape reasonably well (not designed to go floppy, like Stoffa's). The second is a straw hat. TBH, I don't wear them that often, but they get used on messy hair days when I don't want to do my hair and I'm just running out for errands or something.

No experience with dad caps or snapbacks, unfortunately.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a Lock & Co Rambler and Napoli. The first is a unstructured wool hat, but keeps its shape reasonably well (not designed to go floppy, like Stoffa's). The second is a straw hat. TBH, I don't wear them that often, but they get used on messy hair days when I don't want to do my hair and I'm just running out for errands or something.

No experience with dad caps or snapbacks, unfortunately.

I believe I tried the former once from Mr. Porter, I liked it..may have gotten a size too small. I may reconsider. What types of outfits would you wear with the hat? I am considering the straw hat from NMWA, Sublime. And same, I just need something on lazy weekends where going out and a cap could really be a life saver of sorts.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I believe I tried the former once from Mr. Porter, I liked it..may have gotten a size too small. I may reconsider. What types of outfits would you wear with the hat? I am considering the straw hat from NMWA, Sublime. And same, I just need something on lazy weekends where going out and a cap could really be a life saver of sorts.

I only really wear them when I'm lazy and don't want to fix my hair some day, so the clothes aren't anything too fancy. I find them to be mostly seasonal, so straw hat for summer and wool hat for fall. The wool one, Rambler model, sometimes gets worn in the spring/ summertime with workwear though. So Kapital Aloha shirt, RRL canvas jacket, and jeans. Recently wore the straw Napoli model with a white Camoshita polo (that deep v design they call the Skipper) and some jeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads