• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I am please to report oysters are fine and Sancerre too. Not too clear on the crowd but one chinese dude looks like he's going to win over a blonde Stacey so go Asian underdog!

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Ok, ordered a bottle of nice American wine and been told I could bring home if I didn't finish. As if! All bullshit aside I might be a corny white girl but I like Silver oak and price is relatively honest even in restaurants.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Well it is maybe tohype/touristy for purists but I'm not a foodie, I like food. Important distinction. Blonde girl left, asian all alone. Sad. Girl just told her man: "can you not do that;it annoys me."

basil rathbone

Reaction score
Anyone in America want to proxy something off of the Vans website for me? Or point me in the direction of someone who will? Jerks don't ship to Canada.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Almost sounds like you are describing Palladiums. A lot of their current styles are pretty ugly but a plain pair might be a cheap option to use as a DIY prototype? Would be suitably unstructured. I'm sure there are fashion brands (Visvim?) that have done Palladium style sneaker boots in the past too. I can't imagine a traditional leather shoemaker being interested in the project. I wanna find that photograph now, sounds awesome.

You could look for old Helmut Lang boots (if used shoes don't gross you out). He did some that are like Palladiums with straps. Nylon and leather technical type things.

Anyone in America want to proxy something off of the Vans website for me? Or point me in the direction of someone who will? Jerks don't ship to Canada.

You can't buy Vanz in Vancouver? Where do all the skaters buy their gear?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gonna be nonstop rain for my trip. No idea what shoes to bring. :eek: probably not the Visvim boots. Margiela rubber soles camper side zips I guess?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gonna be nonstop rain for my trip. No idea what shoes to bring. :eek: probably not the Visvim boots. Margiela rubber soles camper side zips I guess?

At least two pairs, whatever you decide on.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I always bring a pair of rubber sole shoes and a pair of Swims overshoes/galoshes for any other shoes I bring. Generally it'll be a pair of rubber soled Lobb oxfords, my #8 LWBs and a pair of sneakers if I'm actually doing any walking (NYC, London, LA, Vegas recently)

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a final interview on Friday where I'm supposed to give "a 45 minute presentation on any topic you are passionate about". Its an IT/Asset Management firm but I'm friends with a guy that works there and he assured me that it can really be on "anything".
I think the longest talk I've ever given was maybe 20 mins, 30 as part of a group presentation.
Anyway, I figure I'm going to do it on fashunz, or probably just entirely on Rick since I think his story is pretty interesting. I'll just skip over the exposed ******** details and stuff but honestly I still don't know how to make it 45 mins.
Has anybody had to do something like this before?
I had a phone interview a month ago, then an in-person interview 2 days later with a supervisor and then the next day I had an interview with one of the partners and then I didn't hear anything for almost a month until they asked me to do this.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Talk slowly, have short breaks and try to engage the listeners.

It's basically a test of your sales pitch skills.

Last edited:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

You could look for old Helmut Lang boots (if used shoes don't gross you out). He did some that are like Palladiums with straps. Nylon and leather technical type things.

You can't buy Vanz in Vancouver? Where do all the skaters buy their gear?

I seem to remember Lang collaborating with Palladium but they might have been merely a source of inspiration.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talk slowly, have short breaks and try to engage the listeners.

It's basically a test of your sales pitch skills.
And a test of your ability to build a rapport in a short time, which is essentially the same thing. Make it conversational, and anticipate and even ask yourself the rhetorical questions that are going to come up. Very few people do not appreciate someone being able to see things from their vantage point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics