• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

Looks terrible on short dudes as well. Makes me wonder if he's wearing custom sizes.

@davidlee388 looks awesome in yohji and he's 5'6".

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In all honesty that's a pretty stupid statement for me to make (hence the hot take) since Yohji tailoring encompasses a TON of different styles. Still, not a week goes by I don't see some dude wearing Yohji that just looks really awkward. I also try on the stuff quite a bit because it's interesting to me, and it just doesn't look good. I wish we had a couple more cool Yohji posts here

Yeah, I follow the dude on instagram, love his stuff!!

Last edited:

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This season, I have started to dabble with some Yohji pieces. To some degree, the stuff looks best when wearing the full kit, but in my limited experience, I have found I can mix and match with Yohji better than I could with Rick (don't own Rick for that reason since I can't pull off the full kit) and maybe some others like Greg Lauren. This season at least I have found Yohji has a myriad of cuts (eg for jackets and pants) that I find it hard to generalize.

What I like about Yohji so far is that his fits are generous so that stocky guys can actually find comfortable fits. So far, I find some of the pieces fairly easy to throw on and not feel as self-conscious as with other forward designers. But then again, maybe I really look like a dude wearing an 80s clown suit.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On one hand I would love to try out a Yohji suit or just some pants, it does make sense seeing how I'd honestly prefer to wear wide and loose pants for the rest of my life.
On the other hand it's a gamble ordering one from yjp/rakuten since it's probably 50/50 I'll look either alright or ridiculous in it, and I hate that kind of gambling.

So, if anyone here ever visits Sweden and can bring with them a (realtively) sz small yohji suit that'd be swell

Last edited:

Ragechester

Reaction score
On one hand I would love to try out a Yohji suit or just some pants, it does make sense seeing how I'd honestly prefer to wear wide and loose pants for the rest of my life.
On the other hand it's a gamble ordering one from yjp/rakuten since it's probably 50/50 I'll look either alright or ridiculous in it, and I hate that kind of gambling.

So, if anyone here ever visits Sweden and can bring with them a (realtively) sz small yohji suit that'd be swell

Its really not a gamble at all, figure out your measurements, compare them to the piece you want, and when you find one that matches cop it. You're pretty tall right? I bet it would work well for you. I only have one pair but they are hands down the nicest pants I own.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its really not a gamble at all, figure out your measurements, compare them to the piece you want, and when you find one that matches cop it. You're pretty tall right? I bet it would work well for you. I only have one pair but they are hands down the nicest pants I own.
Fair enough. It just so happens that there was an awesome looking pair of pants on yjp and I'm living rent-free for two months anyway, so I just bought them.
Any particular Zenmarking shipping option to avoid or prefer over the others, assuming I don't care that much how long it takes to get here?

Last edited:

Ragechester

Reaction score
Any particular Zenmarking shipping option to avoid or prefer over the others, assuming I don't care that much how long it takes to get here?
I am too lazy and rarely find sizes big enough for all the y!jp proxy ****, I just use rak and eBay. Hope they work out for you!

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
EMS.

I got a shipment via SF Express from Hong Kong that was handled via UPS once it hit the states. Never used them before, but seems pretty good.

badeggcat

Reaction score

He does look awesome in it.

I'm 5'4" and have tried a couple of stuff at the Aoyama store. As much as I want to, I just can't pull it off even though CdG works for me.

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The two of you should just invite the sz guy to a tea party and then there'd be nothing left to say. You guys are the only people on here who post about that place

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads