• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
In the near future ill just go full Virgin Islands, work out even more, wear less clothing....I mean it all solves itself

gustavobradley

Reaction score
They've said in a few different interviews that the average sale price is $150, that's definitely much more supreme than HL. At least they're working on a way to make offers "binding" although I do t see how it would make a huge difference in flakes. And what is the total fee on grailed now? 9.5?

The fact that there's no binding offers has led to a culture of people sending reasonable and lowball offers just to "test the water", though. I've seen tons of people send offers, get them accepted, and then either never go through or offer again at a lower price. The fact that the site makes this possible by not having binding offers is easily my biggest pet peeve about them. I think the fees total 10% now.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

@RegisDB9 Make a bunch of sarongs out of your worn out MMM and drink painkillers all day.

You have out Margielad me man. Replica 1950's South Pacific Sarong ....made from Replica Dinner Shirts

I was thinking more of this while walking around Tortola before heading to Jost van Dyke for said painkiller and conch

..Although a lot of people are immediately disappointed when you take down the pistol with a virgin drink

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
always liked that photo. in havana we stayed in a particular, the old guy opposite invited us in for coffee and his entire wardrobe consisted of two white suits, both lovingly patched up, he looked great. definitely the way to go

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

always liked that photo. in havana we stayed in a particular, the old guy opposite invited us in for coffee and his entire wardrobe consisted of two white suits, both lovingly patched up, he looked great. definitely the way to go

Usually you can see a couple guys in white suits, big cigars, and white oxfords around and they will take pictures with people. I have to be the only Cuban in South Florida who would rather go to any other island in the Caribbean though haha

Really glad that its being opened up to the US

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
CM stuff sells way better and more easily outside of here too. I'd imagine that people like @SpooPoker do much more and easier CM business on e-bay too. It's also easier to sort via sizing and people tend to know what they want. And they pay.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Perfect place to meet whites and asians from all walks of computer programing life? There's also Mr. Moo if you want to dadmeet. Not sure where the uncle-nephew thing happens though, that must be the place.

Ha, you beat me to it. When I saw "diversity" I was thinking like, white techbros and asian techbros and some foreign techbros?

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Not everyone in SF is a techbro, you guys.

There's rancid smelling bums.

And degenerate vagrants.

And skeezy homeless.

And gross shemale prostitutes.

I could go on, but there really is more to the city than just hipster techbros, VC firm uberdouches, and baristas.

Last edited:

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
out of the 350 largest cities in the country, san francisco's industry diversity rank is 325. so uh...

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ethno-racially, if you really want diversity oakland is the place to go

san fran itself isn't all that high up the list and white people are projected to be the majority in a couple of decades

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics