1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Stopped in on my friend Robert Geller to see if he's still telling people he's not that Robert Geller on Twitter. Was happy to see him being trolled by NMWA

[​IMG]

25 people like this.
  2. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Should I "weatherproof" my suede 5 zip with some kind of spray protectant? Does that even do anything?

Don't want to have to baby it, but don't want to have to pull a Seinfeld either.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

Oh great, one of those fuckboys dressed up as a creepy clown, made a death threat to a high school nearby.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  5. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Do you flex your foot a lot?

7. dieworkwear

I haven't sprayed a protectant on my suede five-zip, but I sprayed another suede jacket. I don't know if I would ever wear these out in the rain, tbh, but I think the protectant helps keep stains away (maybe from a spill or something).

FWIW, I spoke to a cleaning expert who said spraying these things at home can be dangerous, since a glob of that stuff can spit out and stain the jacket. Prob best to heed that person's advice, but since I haven't had any issues spraying suede shoes in the past, I took a chance on my jacket (and it turned out fine). The alternative would be to give the jacket to a professional, who would apply a protectant, but that's usually best done after a cleaning job (as I understand it). I was a little wary of getting dirt stains and whatnot on my suede jacket before the first big cleaning job, so I took my chances.

1 person likes this.
  8. hayaoyamaneko

hayaoyamaneko Senior member

How can I get my Lemaire on without going Lemaire? A lot of the older season stuff I'm after is hard to come by second hand.

[​IMG][​IMG]

So far I've been keeping an eye on Margaret Howell, Comoli, Yaeca, Yantor, Trove, Auguste Presentation, A Vontade, Edwina Horl, Digawel - who else should be on my radar?

9. LA Guy

Maybe some older season Ervell? It's not a 1:1 ratio, but there are similarities in cut and color.

10. dieworkwear

Maybe E.Tautz, Umit Benan, Lucio Vanotti, Second Layer, and Deveaux?

1 person likes this.
  11. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

Never put any protector on the suede A-1 that I got from TOJ. Have got caught in the rain a few times with it and have worked fine to just use a suede brush afterwards to remove the rain spots.

2 people like this.
  12. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  13. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

@hayaoyamaneko Hed Mayner, Umit Benan, Lucio Vanotti, A Kind Of Guise... all have similarities.

14. Maxwellll

Maxwellll Senior member

1 person likes this.
  15. hayaoyamaneko

hayaoyamaneko Senior member

Thanks for the recs all.

@nicelynice do you know if Honor Gathering is cut for the JP market, ie. shorter sleeves? I've seen you post about them before, wondering if I should size up on shirts to get more of a tunic effect? The P2P on the shirts I'm looking at seems pretty slim...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  16. bows1

bows1 Senior member

I dont think so! But I guess I never thought about it .

17. JayFS

JayFS Senior member

I'm having a similar problem where the leather gets separated from the sole at a similar spot across 3 diff pair of boots so far. Not sure if the boots are too small or the age.

18. LA Guy

is the leather tearing? If it is, it could easily be the size. If it's the stitching disintegrating, that is another thing.

I find that a lot of guys are wearing shoes that a a half to full size small. Your toes should never reach the end of a shoe. They are usually designed to have between 1/2" of space in the toe, and for elongated toe boots, often a bit more.

Or, so guys just bend the sole more as they walk. That flexing eventually takes its toll. There is no solution for that. Maybe the solution is to only wear sneakers or something with a super flexible sole, like sneakers or a crepe sole.

19. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Yeah but the more space you leave at the end of the shoe, the more spiders can fit

5 people like this.
  20. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Senior member

happy birthday @kindofyoung ! Have you now been upgraded to "just a tiny bit young"?

12 people like this.