• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

conqueror

Reaction score
i'm in australia and am looking for a down vest as it'll start to get cold (by our standards) in a month or so. i was looking at crescent down works, however they seem to be sold out literally everywhere - same applies to penfield etc and everything else in a similar design. any suggestions for something that's in stock and ideally in navy under US $300?

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i'm in australia and am looking for a down vest as it'll start to get cold (by our standards) in a month or so. i was looking at crescent down works, however they seem to be sold out literally everywhere - same applies to penfield etc and everything else in a similar design. any suggestions for something that's in stock and ideally in navy under US $300?

might find something http://global.rakuten.com/en/search/?sm=3&k=crescent&tl=303869

Bussit

Reaction score
I decided to wear a Damir Doma shirt for the first time in over year...but to my job for the first time ever. Definitely not flattering especially since it's tucked in, but I don't really care since I work with older folks.

il_colonnello

Reaction score

I like the ones that Christopher Raeburn does, like this one on Yoox right now:

http://www.yoox.com/au/41624779WA/item#dept=men&sts=sr_men80&cod10=41624779WA&sizeId=4

I have one quite similar to ^this one and was very satisfied wearing it during a trip to China this past winter.

Donut

Reaction score
I'm going to be studying in Copenhagen for a month in July so I'm just starting to make a list of places to check out. Do you guys have any specific recommendations for cool shops, eats, drinks and just general places to check out? I'm excited to live there for a month.

I was thinking about booking a reservation for noma (July reservations are actually booked today) but I'm not sure if it would be a smart idea budget wise.

Last edited:

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Donut Food: Andersen Bakery everyday (you say Danish I think pastry), was most impressed with Restaurant Radio for semi-casual New Nordic, and Amass has various menu options (casual lunch -> tasting menu). Edit: Amass has Noma's previous executive chef, and much better value. (Is Noma still not closed, or is it reopening? Either way I feel like Noma is too much hype from that stupid worlds50best list.) Aamanns had pretty good smorrebrod but probably you can find better. Only good coffee after extensive sampling was Coffee Collective, and all coffee is really expensive (well everything in Copenhagen is pretty expensive).

I really regret not going to Louisiana Museum of Modern Art (it's like a 40 min train ride out of city). You should def go since you're there longer term.

I don't recall the specific names, but there's some stores to check out with up and coming Danish designs (furniture etc) which is pretty cool.

Fashion-wise I think you're out of luck.

Some other people have more recs in the SW&D travel thread I think.

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Noma was closed for a remodel and they moved the entire restaurant to Melbourne or something. They are expanding with a new restaurant, where they are going to have their own herb garden and the original restaurant is moving to a different location (sometime in the not to distant future) and the current location is going to become a more affordable restaurant.

I made a bunch of recommendation in the travel thread a while ago.

Food wise there is a lot of good places, in the cheaper end, you can't go wrong with Madklubben, Retour and Cofoco's restaurants, also check out Streetfood, Torvehallerne (especially Cava is GOOD) and Kødbyens marked (the later is only open on the weekend). Andersen bakery isn't even close to being the best bakery in town. Aamanns is very well known for their Smørrebrød, but Lumskebugten is better. Nyhavn = Tourist trap.

Clothing wise, Goods CPH, Storm, Soulland, Vibskov, WoodWood (they have an outlet shop as well), Norse, Brund, for SF approved brands.

I'm not entirely sure, where the up and coming furniture store is, as most only have the known brands. Casa is good though.

Edit: How could I forget Lidkoeb and Mikkeller, one of the Mikkeller bars is located on Ravnborggade, which is full of small nice restaurants and an ice-cream place with nitrogen.

Last edited:

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

Suggestions for something similar to this Individual Sentiments bag from a few seasons ago?
https://www.rei.com/product/804454/...D=120217890000782698&lsft=cm_mmc:cse_PLA_GOOG

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Noma was closed for a remodel and they moved the entire restaurant to Melbourne or something. They are expanding with a new restaurant, where they are going to have their own herb garden and the original restaurant is moving to a different location (sometime in the not to distant future) and the current location is going to become a more affordable restaurant.

I made a bunch of recommendation in the travel thread a while ago.

Food wise there is a lot of good places, in the cheaper end, you can't go wrong with Madklubben, Retour and Cofoco's restaurants, also check out Streetfood, Torvehallerne (especially Cava is GOOD) and Kødbyens marked (the later is only open on the weekend). Andersen bakery isn't even close to being the best bakery in town. Aamanns is very well known for their Smørrebrød, but Lumskebugten is better. Nyhavn = Tourist trap.

Clothing wise, Goods CPH, Storm, Soulland, Vibskov, WoodWood (they have an outlet shop as well), Norse, Brund, for SF approved brands.

I'm not entirely sure, where the up and coming furniture store is, as most only have the known brands. Casa is good though.

Edit: How could I forget Lidkoeb and Mikkeller, one of the Mikkeller bars is located on Ravnborggade, which is full of small nice restaurants and an ice-cream place with nitrogen.

Hay design for home goodies
Amass was a great meal, similar vibe to noma, but not as expensive or hard to get into.
Love the mikkeller beer spots.
Storm is great for high end streetwear.
My favorite food was the tacos at Hija de sanchez in Torvehallerne. so simple, but incredibly good. 10/10 would recommend
Copenhagen street food was a fun spot on the river, lots of good eats and drinks.

basil rathbone

Reaction score
Copenhagen is such a dope city. Really want to go for an extended stay some time. Found it expensive as hell though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics