• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fedex is very concerned about the umbrella and ******* Marvis toothpaste order I placed with End.
1. Does the toothpaste have fluoride? If so, we will need some additional FDA information.

2. Does the umbrella have a telescopic shaft (folding umbrella)?

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Big question is will the net effect on white vans be positive or negative? White vans are ******* great

Vans have been having a moment for a little while, as well as the larger universe of vans slip on style sneakers, so I'm sure it will continue regardless.

Think back to this Ray Ban video - it was a big deal for like a week or two (things on the internet moved slower back in 2007), but Ray Bans were already on an upward trajectory supplemented by tons of marketing in all avenues, so while the "viral video" aspect of it surely helped the Wayfarers positioning, it was just one piece in a very large marketing program. If you think of Damn Danny as the same, it really can't have much of a negative impact on something with such a positive trajectory already.

0.jpg

Last edited:

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Due to stock being empty after I ordered, Barneys sent me an alternative pair of boots that I did not ask for. They even called me minutes after I made the purchase, to confirm if I made the order. It was returned of course. Free shipping and returns, and then they compensate me with a $25 gift card. Makes me wonder how often this happens, and just how much they lose from doing so.

Last edited:

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope this starts a stussy revival and white vans start to replace white stans.

Last edited:

TheObserver

Reaction score
Due to stock being empty after I ordered, Barneys sent me an alternative pair of boots that I did not ask for. They even called me minutes after I made the purchase, to confirm if I made the order. It was returned of course. Free shipping and returns, and then they compensate me with a $25 gift card. Makes me wonder how often this happens, and just how much they lose from doing so.

Not Barneys, but similar thing happened to me at Ervell webstore years ago when I still liked Ervell, twice.

First one. I emailed them ask if I could get a (sold out) S peacoat elsewhere. No response. Few hours later, a S suddenly "restocked". I purchased. They emailed me said it was an "error" in their system and suggested trying a M or XS, and offered free return if it doesn't fit. (Normally they don't have free return)

Second case. A piece went on deep discount, with popular sizes left. I purchased. They told me same story above, plus offered extra $25 off.

It was like they were trying to trick me into buying something they don't have. I asked for refund in both cases. They took over a month to do that.

Last edited:

maxfulcrum

Reaction score
Hey guys - let me know your thoughts for this idea.

You know left-breasted embroidery (think Lacoste, Polo RL). Well take that concept and instead of there being one logo or animal depicting the brand, the logo is changing depending on different collections. And in fact, the embroidery is a representation of some type of social, environmental or cultural initiative.

I've always been a huge fan of embroidered logos but thought because everyones brother and sister was wearing a Polo or Lacoste, it made me feel like i wasn't being individualistic by wearing those items.

Let me now your thoughts on this fashion concept.

Thanks,
Max

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll wear my white checkerboard ones today.

Was out skating in mine this afternoon. :nodding:

Vans have been having a moment for a little while, as well as the larger universe of vans slip on style sneakers, so I'm sure it will continue regardless.

"Vans are having a moment" … what does that even mean?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The vans moment is around 40 years old now but it's measured in geological time so moment is correct here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads