1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Rag&Bone

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Brian SD, Mar 14, 2006.

1. haresh

haresh Senior member

Hi,

I have been after these for a while too -having owned the RB6b - thought the RB6b in blue would be a nice addition - love the weight and cut. Just to let you knwo - I have tried all these places for a 28 - no luck

ROLO
    Barneys - online and new york store
    Mauro
    Activeendeavours
    Odin

A string of other US online & brick mortar stores.

Rag-bone should just do online sales and provide more information on the models imho. The RB6a in blue differs from RB6b in blue - the RB6B are streakier and look like NO WASH (not quite dry though) - whereas the RB6a seems like it has gone through a wash process but not distressed.

FACTORYPEOPLE have a 28 on their website - I think it mught be the RB11 - it doesnt say.

At this point I would even settle for light indigo RB14 - that actually looks not bad (I could be wrong once I see it in person) . Check out the FACTORY PEOPLE pics on :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/factorypeople

2. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I'm not so sure about the whole RB6b (indigo) vs RB6a thing. When I had a problem with what were labeled 6b, I sent them in and was given back a blue 6a. When I asked about it, Nathan pretty much said (and I'm paraphrasing) the following... "What color is the jean we sent you, blue or black? It should be blue. Sometimes the tag is mislabeled. You sent a blue pair and we sent a blue pair back, its the same jean."

3. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

Haresh, useful info there. I've checked with Mauro as well, just to key everyone in he's only got the RB6s model out of the RB6 line, selling it for $264.

What's the RB6a again? RB6b basically offers an alternative colour denim?

4. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Here are pictures of what I had labeled as RB6b and RB6a. Not the best pics, but they are both under similar lighting.

RB6b
    [​IMG]

RB6a
    [​IMG]

I really think the denim in them looks the same

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Yea, Nathan told me that "b" is the suffix they add for any color OTHER than standard indigo, so it could be blue or black. It's all so confusing [​IMG](

6. haresh

haresh Senior member

P2G2,

I could be wrong but this is what I gathered. Last season Iordered the RB6b in black. It was extremely lightweight didnt look washed, had alight sheen to it, steaky. Just fantastic.

I thought this would look great in blue so I tried to get that. A local store that carried the collection (but not anymore), had the Rb6a & rb6bs in blue and black.

It looked to me like the RB6b in blue looked like the black I had - whereas the rb6a, felt a little heavier and washed and not streaky, no sheen either. Unless my deceived me completely or there was a major label mix up - there are blues (Dark indigo) available in rb6a & 6b.

But like I said I could be wrong or the labels are mixed up. By the way the blacks that I received, had one leg shorter than the other - almost an inch.

Great Jeans nonetheless, just need more information and online stores with full range of models and sizes for better comparison. Where ? Where ? Where ?

7. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Yeah, its kind of puzzling. If you look at some of my pictures, the ones I had (labeled RB6b) were definitely the streaky blue ones (similar to the black). Unfortunately, the RB6a is no longer with me... but the denim in those two pictures looks identical to me.

Rag & Bone REALLY needs to work on their website.

8. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

Does this remind you of all that initial confusion with APC? [​IMG]

9. deadstock

deadstock Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I picked up a pair of RB6s at Rolo in SF last weekend. They had a pretty large supply of RB jeans in the back, including the RB6 (and a slimmer model ... RB11, I think) in both selvedge and non-selvedge. They also had some other RB items, including a few nice pairs of khakis and shorts. Very nice stuff.

10. DGP

DGP Senior member

I think I really like those indigo RB1s that AE has right now. However, I'm very unsure about sizing, and was hoping someone could help me. My natural waist is somewhere around 32. I wear a 31 in Diesel, and a 32 in PDC and CoH, and I think I had a pair of 7s in that size. The question is whether to get a 30 or a 32. I do not plan to wear them the way most wear dry jeans. I wash mine every 4-8 times I wear them, and I really like the look of very dark indigo jeans w/o distressing. So, my questions are how they fit when you get them, and how much they are likely to stretch given how I plan to wear them. Also, can any RB wearers comment on how the RB1 fits in the thigh compared to the Diesel Kuratt, or old PDC LTD, or maybe a 7s bootcut? Not worried about shape, just width in the thigh. Thanks.

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I think I really like those indigo RB1s that AE has right now. However, I'm very unsure about sizing, and was hoping someone could help me. My natural waist is somewhere around 32. I wear a 31 in Diesel, and a 32 in PDC and CoH, and I think I had a pair of 7s in that size. The question is whether to get a 30 or a 32. I do not plan to wear them the way most wear dry jeans. I wash mine every 4-8 times I wear them, and I really like the look of very dark indigo jeans w/o distressing. So, my questions are how they fit when you get them, and how much they are likely to stretch given how I plan to wear them. Also, can any RB wearers comment on how the RB1 fits in the thigh compared to the Diesel Kuratt, or old PDC LTD, or maybe a 7s bootcut? Not worried about shape, just width in the thigh. Thanks.

The RB1 has a somewhat wider thight than the old LTD model. Of course, the cuts are completely different. I am a true 31 waist. and a 30 fit me perfectly. I think that either a 30 or 32 would be fine for you. Of course, the RB1s are meant to fit a little low, with a very slight dropped crotch (Nathan Bogle has said as much). Of course, my body shape is quite different from yours. My hips are extremely straight. The different between my hip and waist measurements is an inch at most. If you do't have this body shape, and/or have thicker thighs, I would recommend the 32. They will be about a 32.5 around, whick will allow the jeans to sit just on the upper hip.

12. DGP

DGP Senior member

The RB1 has a somewhat wider thight than the old LTD model. Of course, the cuts are completely different. I am a true 31 waist. and a 30 fit me perfectly. I think that either a 30 or 32 would be fine for you. Of course, the RB1s are meant to fit a little low, with a very slight dropped crotch (Nathan Bogle has said as much). Of course, my body shape is quite different from yours. My hips are extremely straight. The different between my hip and waist measurements is an inch at most. If you do't have this body shape, and/or have thicker thighs, I would recommend the 32. They will be about a 32.5 around, whick will allow the jeans to sit just on the upper hip.

Thanks for the detailed description LA Guy. I had tried to go to Louis to try some on, but they didn't have the RB1. I think I'll try the 32. With my wear style, would you expect a lot of stretch in the waist/thigh? Also, I usually wear a 32 length in jeans like Diesel, any reason these would fit any shorter?

13. haresh

haresh Senior member

I had tried to go to Louis to try some on, but they didn't have the RB1. I think I'll try the 32. With my wear style, would you expect a lot of stretch in the waist/thigh? Also, I usually wear a 32 length in jeans like Diesel, any reason these would fit any shorter?[/quote]

Hi,

Do you mean Louis boston ? Do they have size 28 at all in anything in Rag and bone ? What about t-shirts. If you dont mind could you check for me please ?

I am having a tough time finding them in 28.

I called Rolo the other day and the guy siad that they started in size 29 - but as far as I know R&B dont make 29 - interesting ?!!

Thanks.

14. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

This is true.. I do not believe they make 29s, and every reputable source has affirmed this.

15. drake

drake Senior member

It looks like Active Endeavors has the RB1 in 34 inch inseam.

16. DGP

DGP Senior member

Well, I just ordered them, so in a few days when they come, I'll report back. I went with the 32 waist. Does anyone know, with this type of denim, should I give it a soak and hang first, to avoid stretch in the waist?

17. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I don't think there is anything you can do to avoid stretching...

I don't think you need to worry about shrinking much on these either.

18. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I haven't been able to find anyone that sells R&B in 28

19. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I haven't been able to find anyone that sells R&B in 28

You guys should try contacting them and seeing whether that size actually exists

20. haresh

haresh Senior member

size 28 does exist , i have the rb6b in black from last season, got them from japan.

Also have RB5 (chino style) from 2 seasons back in 28.

I havent washed my jeans yet and have worn then several times, they were slightly loose to begin with in the waist but I am sure they have strethched some since. I am in the habit of hand soaking Jeans with light detergent as I generally prefer them not to shrink in waist.

But with the RB6b's I am wondeing if a machine wash will be better for them and let them shrink in the waist a little.

zjp83: try factory people , they have some I am sure of it. I cant call them due to time difference and after my first mail, havent heard back from them.

Circle boutique has some I believe. I am sure if someone could check with Rolo they would have them too - maybe the salesperson i spoke with was mistaken.

I am getting kinda obsessed with getting them again without paying an arm and a leg for them.