1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Rag&Bone

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Brian SD, Mar 14, 2006.

1. worn down

worn down Active Member

For those looking for a size 28, you might want try AB fits. They have 2 stores in the city (SF) and are really chill. I think they have the RB6's and RB11's. I don't know if they ship though.

(415) 982-5726 // abfits.com

And I think I might have seen a 28 at Villains on Haight St, but that was a couple of weeks ago.

villainssf.com

Good luck with the search.

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I tried Barneys, and they had 30s, which were way too big.

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

4. haresh

haresh Well-Known Member

Thanks worn down - will call them. Bone of contention: a lot of stores dont reply to emails.

Was in touch with Mauro, said he didnt have any 28's in RB6 - think he only had RB11 left - also no t-shirts in small either. He did say he could order them in.

5. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Well-Known Member

Which stores do answer emails? Will stores who don't operate online mail their jeans overseas?

6. haresh

haresh Well-Known Member

For all those interested in size 28. Abfits, does carry them in RB6a - 13.75oz, rb6b (black) 12 oz, RB6.9211 in light blue in 11.75 oz (cinch back).

Priced at 275 and 198 for the last one - and they do ship - ask for shanon, she was very helpful.

Finally got a chance to feel the RB14 in light indigo. I like the look but it feels coarser, stiff somehow. Almost like a dry jeans. They probably were dry jeans and should soften up with wash !?

Still looking for that elusive 12.0z Blue in RB6b IF the label I saw was not a misprint.

Oh got to try on the SJ2C CAMEL Shirt Jacket, again fit fantastic, great cut and look;fabric felt stiff (new).If you knwo what I mean.

7. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

RB6a is 12oz, RB6s is 13.75 oz, according to Rag & Bone's site.

8. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

I don't think there is anything you can do to avoid stretching...

I don't think you need to worry about shrinking much on these either.

Not that it matters now (AE has already shipped them) but what size did you have that ended up being too short? I am 6'1, and I usually buy anything in a 32 length when lengths are an option. My two pairs of Diesel Kuratts are a 32 length, and are just right. Based on your posts and others, though, I wonder if these will end up being too short on me as well. I hope not, cause they look great in the pics.

9. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

I bought a 32x32, maybe I just like my jeans up bunch of a bit. Someone in another thread said Rag & Bone would do 32x34 in the Fall

10. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

I bought a 32x32, maybe I just like my jeans up bunch of a bit. Someone in another thread said Rag & Bone would do 32x34 in the Fall

Thanks. So I saw your pics in the other thread, on buying and selling, can you elaborate on what the construction problem was, and how it was resolved?

11. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

Thanks. So I saw your pics in the other thread, on buying and selling, can you elaborate on what the construction problem was, and how it was resolved?
    If you look in the old pics, there is a horizontal line (stitching problem) on the back of one of the legs, an inch or two under the pocket. I sent them the pics and they replaced them

12. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

If you look in the old pics, there is a horizontal line (stitching problem) on the back of one of the legs, an inch or two under the pocket. I sent them the pics and they replaced them

The new ones any better as far as the length goes?

13. Brian SD

Not that it matters now (AE has already shipped them) but what size did you have that ended up being too short? I am 6'1, and I usually buy anything in a 32 length when lengths are an option. My two pairs of Diesel Kuratts are a 32 length, and are just right. Based on your posts and others, though, I wonder if these will end up being too short on me as well. I hope not, cause they look great in the pics.

Mine are 32 lenght, Im about 6' with long legs and there is a small break on them.

14. Arethusa

Arethusa Well-Known Member

I don't understand what it is with you guys. I'm 5'10" and 32 is just right for me.

15. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

Why do we keep going through this?

Height alone doesn't necessarily mean anything. Some people have long legs. I'm 6'1" and I need at *least* a 33 inseam if I want any sort of break at all. I have relatively long legs. Some people don't.

16. Brian SD

"just right" is subjective really. I like the more trouser-style look of R&Bs, which has them with a smaller break and less of the slacker look of wrinkly bottoms.

17. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

I am starting to see that the only thing we'll be able to agree on here is that each person has to try on the pair that they are going to own in order for them to realize whether or not they are the right size/cut/length.

18. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're just going to have to try them on. For me, i'd show some sock when walking (with my y3 and my onitsuka tigers). Any jean that does that isn't long enough for me. Even sitting, I don't think I should be showing any sock. Thats just my personal preference.

19. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Well-Known Member

That's mine too. And i swear i have a disproportionate torso-to-legs ratio, so my pants have to be pretty long to fit good.

20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Yeah, you're just going to have to try them on. For me, i'd show some sock when walking (with my y3 and my onitsuka tigers). Any jean that does that isn't long enough for me. Even sitting, I don't think I should be showing any sock. Thats just my personal preference.

For my more fitted jeans (Bootcut Olas, for example), I like just a bit of rucking at the bottom, but I definitely don't like sock showing when I'm sitting down, so I often wear Chucks or Blazers or Sk8-His with them.