1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Rag&Bone

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Brian SD, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio

Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio Senior member

Just bought a pair of RB1's, size 30/32 online. They are huge. I will have to return them. 28 is too small and 30 is too big. RB does not make 29, unfortunately.

I have a pair of RB11s in 34, which is my APC size, too. They've stretched considerably, and would recommend sizing down 2 in R&B.

You might want to consider waiting on them to stretch.

2. twin8885

twin8885 Senior member

Hey guys, I know this is probably against all cardinal rules of dry denim, but I thought I would share. I sent my rb1's to my friend in LA who works in a denim factory and he is going to do a wash to them, patch them and really rough them up. If anyone cares to see pics, I'll post after its done.

I know I should just break them in myself, but my inpatient personality combined with to many jeans and summer I just couldnt do it. so, they might turn out cool. Just thought I'd let you know

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Hey guys, I know this is probably against all cardinal rules of dry denim, but I thought I would share. I sent my rb1's to my friend in LA who works in a denim factory and he is going to do a wash to them, patch them and really rough them up. If anyone cares to see pics, I'll post after its done.

I know I should just break them in myself, but my inpatient personality combined with to many jeans and summer I just couldnt do it. so, they might turn out cool. Just thought I'd let you know

Not at all. Im curious to see how they turn out. They arent going to reflect your lifestyle but it should still be a trip to see what they look like really beaten up.

4. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

I will gladly beat up dry selvage jeans for impatient folks between size 29-31W.
    Free or small donation.

5. jpgm

jpgm Senior member

i'll gladly beat up impatient folks for 31 pairs of dry selvage jeans...

6. jiomitori

jiomitori Senior member

So is it true that R&B jeans are treated so they won't shrink (at least in length) when they wash? Or should I hold off on having mine hemmed?

7. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Speaking of RB, they just added a new Light Jean on active endeavours.

Anyway, I saw the light RB6d at HTC... wasn't really impressed

8. worn down

worn down Active Member

I recently got a 30/30 RB2 after reading up on their sizing and it was way too tight. Even my 30 RRDS weren't this tight when I first got 'em. Anybody know what's up with the discrepancy? The trouser style of the R&B perhaps altering the fit. Anywho, I'm gonna have to put these bad boys up in the B/S forum soon for those looking for a pair.

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I recently got a 30/30 RB2 after reading up on their sizing and it was way too tight. Even my 30 RRDS weren't this tight when I first got 'em. Anybody know what's up with the discrepancy? The trouser style of the R&B perhaps altering the fit. Anywho, I'm gonna have to put these bad boys up in the B/S forum soon for those looking for a pair.

My R&Bs are true-to-size. They measured almost exactly 30" (maybe they were 15.1" across or so) when they came out of the envelope, and they're 30/32.

10. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Same here, mine measure a near perfect 32.

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Must be a discrepancy. I fit perfectly into a RRDS 31 (although I wear either a size 32 or 33 because I like a more antifit jean (i.e. I could do a spinning kick in the jean without feeling constricted - not that I do.) Both RB1 and RB2 30 waists also fits me perfectly - not at all tight.

12. worn down

worn down Active Member

My R&Bs are true-to-size. They measured almost exactly 30" (maybe they were 15.1" across or so) when they came out of the envelope, and they're 30/32.

I just measured mine and they were 14.5" across, definitely under 15". Damn, I guess I got a mis-labeled pair. It's a shame because I really liked them, the legs were the fit I was looking for. Just as a reference, I think my 30 RRDS is on slim side of the tightness scale.

13. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

If they are mislabeled, I'd return them to the store. If its too late for that, contact Rag & Bone, they are generally pretty good about handling problems.

14. worn down

worn down Active Member

If they are mislabeled, I'd return them to the store. If its too late for that, contact Rag & Bone, they are generally pretty good about handling problems.

Thanks for the heads up. I can't return them to a store because I got 'em via auction. But I'll definitely contact R&B and see if they can help me out.

15. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

Where can someone pick up a pair of R&B in New York? I've got a friend heading over there in a few days and if she happens to head into one of these places i'd get her to buy a pair for me.

RB1 is the standard relaxed model (not for me), RB11 is the slimmest one. How slim is slim? And is there something sort-of-in-between? I'm thinking just slightly roomier than new standards, but definitely not anything baggy.

Also, for someone who wears 27 in new standard, and 29 in zathans, what size should i go?

Too many questions. I'll do oddjobs for answers.

16. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I'd get them off activeendeavours if I could, with the coupons and all. Famous Friends stopped carrying the line, I'm not sure what other stockists there are. Well, there is always Barney's... Check my pics of the RB6a, sounds like it may be the cut you're after (or the RB6s if you want the selvedge). I've never tried the RB11s so I can't say much about the fit. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=12347 Edit: I forget that the active endeavours selection is pretty limited. They don't have the 6a, just the 6b.

17. LA Guy

Where can someone pick up a pair of R&B in New York? I've got a friend heading over there in a few days and if she happens to head into one of these places i'd get her to buy a pair for me.

RB1 is the standard relaxed model (not for me), RB11 is the slimmest one. How slim is slim? And is there something sort-of-in-between? I'm thinking just slightly roomier than new standards, but definitely not anything baggy.

Also, for someone who wears 27 in new standard, and 29 in zathans, what size should i go?

Too many questions. I'll do oddjobs for answers.

Go for a size 28. If ActiveEndeavors doesn't have the model you want, then try barneys.com or stevenalan.com. Other places may have them too. They will get there faster, and you won't have to pay tax if you are out of state.

Both the RB6 and RB11 are pretty slim, probably either will fit the bill. Remember that the cut is more contoured than the NS, so it is difficult to compare them.

18. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

Actually i was asking more about bricks/mortar shops in NY. Would they be cheaper there than online? It also just occurred to me that contacting Mauro might be a good idea as well. Probably will try looking for an RB6. Thanks for the quick replies! [​IMG] The streaky denim looks awesome, and if i can get hold of a pair it'll make a good companion/alternative to my NS.

19. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Yeah, I didn't even think about Mauro. He's probably your best bet.

20. LA Guy

Actually i was asking more about bricks/mortar shops in NY. Would they be cheaper there than online? It also just occurred to me that contacting Mauro might be a good idea as well.

Probably will try looking for an RB6. Thanks for the quick replies! [​IMG] The streaky denim looks awesome, and if i can get hold of a pair it'll make a good companion/alternative to my NS.

Mauro's probably your best bet. No, NYC prices are higher than pretty much anywhere else for obvious reasons, and you pay tax on top of that.