1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Rag&Bone

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Brian SD, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Dill

Dill Senior member

The R&B site only shows the RB1 and RB6. Exactly how many models are out there?

From Activeendeavors and bbstokyo, I see the RB1, RB2, RB5, RB6, RB8, RB11, RB12 (which looks skinnier than the 14), RB14, and the RB1890. So confusing...

2. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Yeah, too many cuts and so little information. If you dig around the r&b site a bit, you can find the RB14 and RB11 in the collection section. I had no idea so many existed though. I don't think I've seen anything more than the RB6 and RB12 at any of the retailers (maybe RB11, I forget).

3. jiomitori

jiomitori Senior member

Oh boy, I really love the fit of the RB6, especially in the thigh. Can anyone recommend another similar jean for future reference? (I'll be wearing these for a while)

4. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Kicking Mule Workshop makes jeans that are reminiscent to Rag & Bone in terms of style and construction. The guys at Denimbar (at least one of them) seem to think Kicking Mule fits better as well. I would buy a pair, but like Rag & Bone they are made too short for me.

5. Dill

Dill Senior member

Activeendeavors just put up some Rag&Bone t-shirts. There are some graphic ones and some plain ones. I ordered the "pink lotus" one.

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Activeendeavors just put up some Rag&Bone t-shirts. There are some graphic ones and some plain ones. I ordered the "pink lotus" one.

The pink lotus one is great. I like it a lot.

7. advan031

advan031 Senior member

I just bought a pair of RB1s, hopefully I'll like them.

8. lupin23rd

lupin23rd Well-Known Member

Perhaps this is covered in some other thread I happen to have missed on the topic of jeans and such, but since there was mention of specific anti-shrinkage measures in place on the R&B jeans, I was wondering if I pick up a pair of one-wash jeans if I'm going to be able to hem them to my desired length afterwards.

While I'm interested in raw jeans the thought of not being able to hem them (save to a still-long length to accomodate shrinkage) annoys me since I would want to wear them to work often and I hate rolling up pants...

Thanks for the info BrianSD, good stuff.

m

9. Dill

Dill Senior member

I got my R&B shirt in the mail today. I like the print and the color, but the shirt doesn't fit very well. I got a medium, and it is nearly 30 inches long. This is quite a big difference from the 25 inches or so of all my other shirts. Should I wash and dry it to see if it shrinks or should I just send it back?

10. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Dill if I were you I would send it back. Returns suck but it tells the designer something's wrong with the product.

lupin, you can hem R&Bs immediately after buying with no risk of them shrinking too short. Though they have short inseams available (although only at 28 and 30-inch waist sizes)

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Dill if I were you I would send it back. Returns suck but it tells the designer something's wrong with the product.

I agree. Wow 30 inches, huh? That is a longgggg tee. It's too bad. The print looks really cool.

12. Dill

Dill Senior member

Yeah, I am definately going to return it. I now notice that the model on activeendeavors has several inches of the shirt bunched up at the waist [​IMG] Oh well, free returns. I sent R&B an email with my thoughts and hopefully they get back to me. I might have a chance to go to a Barneys this weekend and if I do I will try on a small.

13. Dill

Dill Senior member

I got a quick reply from Nathan at R&B. Mediums are supposed to be 28'' from the back of the neck to the bottom while mine is 29.5''. 28 inches is still quite long compared to the length of my shirts (all mediums) from trovata, corpus (25''), RG (26'') and YD (26.5'').

14. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

So, I finally confirmed with about everyone (Nathan included) and their mama that 32x34 Rag & Bones do not exist. Its a shame, because they are awesome jeans...

That said, I tried on a 34x34 (RB6d) for kicks and the bottom of the legs still didn't hit the ground (with no bunching or anything), terrible. I'm thinking I'd need a 32x36 to be happy, especially accounting for shrinking.

Anyway, now I'm stuck with a NWT 32x32 (RB6a) that I won't even bother putting on. [​IMG]

Okay... end of rant :p

15. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Yeah, I'll probably put them up when I get around to it. I just got home and had to do a bit of complainin :p

16. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Yeah, I'll probably put them up when I get around to it. I just got home and had to do a bit of complainin :p

That's so odd PG2G. I am 6' even and I wear 30x32 RB11s, and they dont bunch or wrinkle except for a small break, but they're fine.

17. advan031

advan031 Senior member

I wish they made 33x30 or 34x30 since my RB1 is a tad bit long.

18. minya

minya Senior member

That's so odd PG2G. I am 6' even and I wear 30x32 RB11s, and they dont bunch or wrinkle except for a small break, but they're fine.
    Have you washed them at all yet?

19. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I remember feeling kind of like an old man when I was wearing them. Seems like they fit more like trousers on me than jeans. Perhaps that's how they're supposed to be?

Maybe I just need certain Rag & Bone specific shoes, hehe. With my Mexico 66 you can probably see a little bit of sock (from the side) when I lift my leg, maybe something like high top chucks or boots would be better suited.

I'll throw them on when I get home and take some pics.

20. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

How the hell? Unless you're pulling a Thom Browne, I don't see how those could possibly fit you. I'm 5'10" and 32" inseam is just enough for me.