• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by velobran
Using the Quoddy sizing method, I'm even more confused as it doesn't match anything I've read. According to the Quoddy method: 12 In other brands - Nikes: 11 Sperry: 10.5 Vans: 10.5 WTF?
If you are a 10.5 in Sperry you are probably either a 10.5 or 11 in Quoddy, depending on model. I'm a 9 in Sperry (though I haven't worn them in a while) - which is a snug fit. I own a pair of Quoddy in 9 and I could probably go to a 9.5 for a bit better fit. Go to a store and measure your foot on a Brannock. You are then your measured size in Quoddy, or possibly .5 up. That is my opinion, others will tell you to size down 1/2 size probably. No way you are a 12 if you wear a 10.5 Sperry. You must be doing it wrong.

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a little help.

I got a sperry a/o and a quoddy x jcrew chukka recently.

Sperry - US 10.5
Quoddy - US 10.5

The fit is snug for the sperry. Half size up on the quoddy would be fine also. Got the quoddy a lil tight to accomodate the possible stretching(if it does). Could do with a 11 for quoddy.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by velobran
Using the Quoddy sizing method, I'm even more confused as it doesn't match anything I've read.

According to the Quoddy method: 12
In other brands -
Nikes: 11
Sperry: 10.5
Vans: 10.5

WTF?

deltashell

Reaction score
These are my British tan maliseets with brick camp soles, ordered June 2nd and delivered June 21st! That's not too shabby in my book, only 3 weeks. With all the sizing confusion, I went ahead and ordered my Alden Barrie size, which is perfect. I went with this combo, which I hadn't seen before, and the leather is very impressive. Now I want some in navy!
2158c894.jpg
43336a0a.jpg
b5975780.jpg
98fbf8ae.jpg

miran

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deltashell
These are my British tan maliseets with brick camp soles, ordered June 2nd and delivered June 21st! That's not too shabby in my book, only 3 weeks. With all the sizing confusion, I went ahead and ordered my Alden Barrie size, which is perfect. I went with this combo, which I hadn't seen before, and the leather is very impressive. Now I want some in navy!

Magnificent! Magnificent! Magnificent!

velobran

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
If you are a 10.5 in Sperry you are probably either a 10.5 or 11 in Quoddy, depending on model.

Originally Posted by onijo84
Just a little help.

I got a sperry a/o and a quoddy x jcrew chukka recently.

Sperry - US 10.5
Quoddy - US 10.5

The fit is snug for the sperry. Half size up on the quoddy would be fine also. Got the quoddy a lil tight to accomodate the possible stretching(if it does). Could do with a 11 for quoddy.

Originally Posted by jet

That's what I figured. I might try an 11 since I'll be wearing socks. They might only have 11's and 12's left (Blackbird x Quoddy Chukka).

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
deltashell- those look fantastic....but British tan??? Really??? That looks nothing like tan to me. Still, excellent looking shoes however, love the toe stitching on them.

triton

Reaction score
Having only owned leather bluchers in the past, I'm finding that suede bluchers fit a full size smaller. Has this always been the case or has there recently been a change in sizing (as some webstores such as tres bien and goodhood have indicated)?

In any given size, the outsole seems to be the same length in either material, but the insole of the suede blucher seems to be significantly smaller.

deltashell

Reaction score
Yes, they are definitely British tan, which is like dark tan. I agree that it's not really a typical tan. Peanut grizzly has that covered, but I really like this color and think it looks better as it wears bc of the lightening where it bends and creases.

mrstarks

Reaction score

2158c894.jpg
43336a0a.jpg
b5975780.jpg
98fbf8ae.jpg
ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICIENT. I Have to admit I never thought of that colour combo. Absolutely beautiful, I hope you forgive me for taking a leaf out of your book as I will definitely be ordering something similar in the near future.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which Quoddy Mocc do you prefer?

This?
DSC_00051.jpg

or

That?
DSC_00041.jpg

Clay J

Reaction score
I want to see the first one's leather on the light colored sole personally. Also, where can you get those? Leffot? I can't seem to find them on the website

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want to see the first one's leather on the light colored sole personally. Also, where can you get those? Leffot? I can't seem to find them on the website

Leffot and yeah the first ones are currently sold out, next shipment is due sometime in the not too distant future.

I don't think they would look great on lighter soles, I think the brick brings out the red in the leather.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads