1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by padronlover, Jul 28, 2008.

1. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

Mine have seen a good amount of summer rain, and have been soaked through at least twice. I did treat them with AE waterproofing spray before their first wear since I knew they would be my go-to shoe and see inclement weather, and I think they have held up pretty well over the past season of wear.

I just VSC'd mine and took a few shots, including one of the soles to give an idea of the potential wear. I have done a good amount of walking in these, including a few days exploring San Francisco, and the soles still look good to my eye.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really should trim the laces back more. :lol:

The only caveat I'd throw out there is that the shearling inserts came loose a few months in, but a few drops of Gorilla Glue reaffixed them and they haven't budged since. I do not know if this will affect Quoddy's ability to retain the shearling when it's time to re-sole them, but if I have to lose the inserts I am fine with it.

2. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Senior member

They look great. I think if I could change one thing about them, it would be taking the ugg label off!

3. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

100% agreed and it was almost a deal-breaker for me, but in the end I was powerless before the value - I grabbed mine for $125 shipped from someone who had re-listed them at least 4 times, so just I resigned myself to get over the UGG branding.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  4. Best4Best

Best4Best Well-Known Member

I got a couple of pairs from Brooks Brothers on sale. Excellent buy for $89

5. RevisIsland

I knew BB sold Rancourt. They sell quoddy? What model?

6. kwv07

kwv07 Senior member

Hey all, trying to get a little advice on Blucher sizing. I currently have an 10.5C and 11C that I ordered. The 11C fits nearly perfect out of the box, but I think they may be little big with significant stretching. The 10.5C is pretty snug, toes almost to the end, but not extremely uncomfortable.

Should I go with the 10.5C? I've been told by a few people that they stretch quite a bit. They are Brown Chromexcel leather.

Thanks!

7. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

Guys I apologize if talked about before but I'm on my cell and can't get the search feature to work. Thinking the Dawson or grizzle but with hevea crepe wrap. What's the thoughts on the comfort between the two soles.

8. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got in my Maliseets today after 3 weeks. They are in Dublin Nut Brown leather with red camp soles and antique brass eyelets. I couldn't happier with how they turned out. I thought they might be a bit large from all I've read but they are snug in all the right ways. Cant say enough good things about Elizabeth and her CS. Ill be ordering a pair of bluchers or loafers next so now i just need to pick out another leather

9. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

I ordered a pair of lodge moc with crepe sole in a 11e
    I wear a 11 Alden Barrie last and either a 11.5 d or 11.e in allen Edmonds.

Did I order the right size do we think

10. RevisIsland

They will not be too big and the width will be fine. You may have to worry about them being a tad too short.

11. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Quick update on these Uggs. The shearling lining separated from the insole. I really don't mind this at all. I just seems to be glued on. I'm still leaving them in there as they fit perfect and don't really move around much. I guess when they get too ratty you can replace. Maybe with those LL bean ones (?). Also, for the summer, you can use those terry cloth ones that absorb sweat. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

Mine did the same - A few drops of Gorilla Glue reaffixed the inserts and they haven't moved since.

edit -

Been enjoying mine all weekend. :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  13. RevisIsland

I've had my dawson's for a few weeks now and I really like them. The chromepak sole is great and really molds to your foot with just a few weeks of wear. To the posters above- I've been wearing mine with no insert with no issues at all. I ordered mine with a thin leather sole but I ended up taking it out.

I think I'll add a few more chromepak soled quoddys to my collection in the near future, especially if they do another MTO sale this fall/winter.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  14. johnnykicks

johnnykicks Senior member

Does anyone own a pair of the Telos Chukkas? I tried searching the thread for sizing but didn't see much about this style chukka. I've never owned a Quoddy or a true Moc style shoe/chukka before and would like to know what to expect as far as fit goes because im undecided if I should order my Brannock measurements or size down to account for stretch. I typically wear btw a 11.5-12 for boat shoes, dress shoes and retro rubber sole basketball styles like PF flyers with the exception of Nikes and other running sneakers which I wear a 13. My main concern is typical fit as far as the width goes since I am a narrow and have had to size down previously on other handmades like Red Wing Boots. Any help or tips from you guys would be much appreciated, the reason why I am planning on getting these is cause of all the on feet pics I have seen in here so many of them look fantastic and wayyyyyyyy better than mass market brands of the same style.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  15. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

I don't own a pair, but those Telos chukkas look killer.

I picked up another pair of Lewiston, this time in brown, off Ebay for $70. I love my cognac pair and was considering purchasing a Dawson Moc at $300 when these showed up for very short money. Considering that the other Lewiston listings are all around $175-$180, the guy either wanted to get rid of them quickly or did not know what he had.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The first thing I did was rip out the shearling inserts and reattach them with Gorilla Glue. They are now set and aren't budging. I like my cognac pair, but I love the dark brown due to the richness of the color and because the Ugg heel branding is hard to see when worn. I'm really looking forward to wearing them!

I hope everyone has a great weekend, as always. :slayer:

16. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

They look great [​IMG]

17. SCoNE

SCoNE Senior member

Quite quiet in here lately! I've been wearing my natural Chromexcel boat shoes hard all summer after getting them in June and thought I'd post a progress report. These are my nearly-daily-wear shoes and I am not kind to them--I frequently drag them across rock and concrete, splatter them with beer, and wear them barefoot and in the rain, and they've some scars to show for it. I've just gone at them with some Renovateur, so they're a bit shinier than I'd ideally prefer but otherwise I'm pretty happy. A magic eraser is spectacular at cleaning the edges of the soles I've found. I did have the glove leather insole delaminate on me almost immediately, but Quoddy quickly sent some new ones for me to glue in which seem to be free of that problem.

New:

[​IMG]

Presently:

[​IMG]

I also unearthed my bluchers which I haven't worn all summer as they were looking pretty sorry. For some reason I only just had the idea to use the Renovateur on them as well, and I think the results are pretty excellent.

One before and one after:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both done:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. seasquirrel

seasquirrel Senior member

Thanks for the thread update. And nice refurbishing job! Your boat shoes and bluchers look great. Reno is magic. I also wore the heck out of my natural cxl bluchers much of the summer, and they're holding up well. [​IMG] I've been eyeing a Telos chukka, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. And I might pick up another blucher today, with the $50 off sale.

2 people like this.
  19. SCoNE

SCoNE Senior member

The Telos with tweed upper shaft panel is really tempting me...

20. seasquirrel

seasquirrel Senior member

Nice, tweed (or maybe canvas). Something like one of these?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]